Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: I still want Mike Dunleavy to start once Rush returns

Default Re: I still want Mike Dunleavy to start once Rush returns

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon, as a wingman should attempt at least 5 three pointers a game. I mean if he's ice cold by his 8th attempt then he can stop and shoot more inside.
    This offends me to the very core. Not you Trophy your a good guy, but seriously this line of thinking is why I really want the NBA to do away with the three point shot. My dream I realize and probably nobody else agree's with me but I've come to the point I hate the three point shot (for the most part).

Now as to the topic at hand.

I have no real dog in this fight because IMO we need an upgrade at the shooting guard period. I am hopeful that Paul George is that upgrade but right now he is not ready to take it on full time & I don't want to just throw him to the wolves this season (because honestly this year I think we have a shot at the playoffs).

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Brandon Rush & Mike Dunleavy are the exact same player with the exact opposite problem.

The arguement that one is not as bad at his falicy or so much better at his strength does not excuse the fact that neither are two way players which we need.

Right now Mike is starting.

You know why? Because Brandon Rush could not bother to not smoke weed during the regular season even after being caught doing it not once, not twice but three times.

I don't care whether or not you think pot should be legal or not, it is NOT right now and he knows it.

You could understand if he got caught once, but after that????

So all of this teeth gnashing about who should or should not start is really on Brandon because it was his up until he let his character flaw take over his life.

But that doesn't mean that I am a Mike Dunleavy fan either.

How about this, let's turn this into an O'Brien thread.

What law out there say's that you can only have a 3 man rotation on the wings?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    he is still in NBA2k11 43 overall
    oh man are you serious

i never looked through the centers

i have the game so im going to have to take a look

43 is really bad and thats what robert swift is but he makes up for it by being a cool guy and unique

<---------- as you can tell
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    That deserves its own thread, it'll get buried here.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

This offends me to the very core. Not you Trophy your a good guy, but seriously this line of thinking is why I really want the NBA to do away with the three point shot. My dream I realize and probably nobody else agree's with me but I've come to the point I hate the three point shot (for the most part).

I have no real dog in this fight because IMO we need an upgrade at the shooting guard period. I am hopeful that Paul George is that upgrade but right now he is not ready to take it on full time & I don't want to just throw him to the wolves this season (because honestly this year I think we have a shot at the playoffs).

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Brandon Rush & Mike Dunleavy are the exact same player with the exact opposite problem.

The arguement that one is not as bad at his falicy or so much better at his strength does not excuse the fact that neither are two way players which we need.

You know why? Because Brandon Rush could not bother to not smoke weed during the regular season even after being caught doing it not once, not twice but three times.

I don't care whether or not you think pot should be legal or not, it is NOT right now and he knows it.

So all of this teeth gnashing about who should or should not start is really on Brandon because it was his up until he let his character flaw take over his life.

I do agree with this, but I disagree with your thought on wanting to take away the 3 point arc.

Don't get me wrong I think Brandon is a really good shooter and Mike is too and your right they are very similar mainly because they are inconsistent scorers.

Continue to start Mike and slowly put Brandon back into the rotation so we can continue our good play.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swift View Post
    oh man are you serious

i never looked through the centers

i have the game so im going to have to take a look

43 is really bad and thats what robert swift is but he makes up for it by being a cool guy and unique

<---------- as you can tell
    i signed him to my created team lol he started we only won 3 games the whole season lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    i signed him to my created team lol he started we only won 3 games the whole season lol

is he listed in the free agent roster
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I don't quite get how Brandon and Mike are the same player with the opposite problem. Mike's problem is he can't play defense, and it isn't that he has the ability but doesn't know how to channel it. Brandon on the other hand has some pretty good offensive skills, but just has problems with being assertive about it.

...I have no real dog in this fight because IMO we need an upgrade at the shooting guard period. I am hopeful that Paul George is that upgrade but right now he is not ready to take it on full time & I don't want to just throw him to the wolves this season (because honestly this year I think we have a shot at the playoffs)...
    Now that is something that I have agreed with for quite some time. I would hope that no one could disagree with the statement that neither of Dunleavy or Rush is the long-term solutioin at SG for the Pacers.

And, I think that most are also hoping that George is. At least I am.

------------------

By the way, sorry about the burr that somehow worked it's way into your Jockeys. But it is good to see you get a little riled and sound off once in a while.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    OK, why is everything interpreted as an extreme when it is 5 responses down from the qualifying post?

Did I say Rush was worthless? No. I said that the way Dun plays offense is more valuable to this team than Rush as he has played in general, and that the overall is greater than the advantage Rush brings on defense.

I refuse to believe that you are trying to say Rush is the equivalent to Bruce Bowen or that the rest of the lineup is equivalent to the rest of the Spurs' lineup.
    No only you want to argue with me nonsense but also want to destroy my dreams, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think Mike is better at offense than Rush by greater margin that Rush is better at defense than Mike.
    Given the disparity between Rush's and Dunleavy's defensive skills, for that statement to be true either Rush couldn't have scored a point since mid-2008 or Dunleavy is on his way to a scoring title this season.

Rush's defense blows Dunleavy's defense into the weeds. It's not remotely close.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post: