Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Thread: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

  1. #26
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,457

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were BORED two years ago? I hope you are just forgetting under the weight of last season, but playing most teams to within 3-5 points all year might have been frustrating but certainly not boring.
    I think what I mean is that when someone takes a broader look at Pacer history from say, 2000-2020, no one is going to view the past few years as particularly significant. Yes, the (then) rookies got some time and showed a few strides, but our main contributors turned out to be insignificant pieces that led the Pacers to nothing but the lottery. And I'm not blasting your point of view of playing our best players at all, I'm just saying at that time, our best players weren't very good.

    This year may be a year will people think, well, 2010-2011 was a real turning point for the Pacers when they once again started to become a relevant franchise. Maybe.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game at Philly on Wednesday will be a great telling point, as it will be the first game where a team sees us for the second time.

    We'll see how much of our success is surprise and how much is really from a strong new direction.


    QFT!

  3. #28
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were some great wins in that 5 game win streak, like beating Boston and the 3 games before that were blowouts where the Pacers were playing great defense and dominating. I was a believer after that... then Troy came back from injury and it all went to hell...
    He ain't coming back this year.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He ain't coming back this year.
    I may have underestimated Collison somewhat, but my initial reaction to the Murphy trade remains intact.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the trade and I'm not nearly as high on Collison as you. I just love it that Murphy is gone. There's no way that it can be a negative. If Collison turns out to suck and be TJ Ford 2.0 it's still a good trade because of what he got rid of. Addition by subraction.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Great great feeling out there. I know they will have time to prepare for us now because they've seen us such a short time ago, but the same as us, we've seen them and no doubt will be preparing for them as well. Area 55 is just wonderful.

  8. #31
    Wake me up next season.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,357
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great great feeling out there. I know they will have time to prepare for us now because they've seen us such a short time ago, but the same as us, we've seen them and no doubt will be preparing for them as well. Area 55 is just wonderful.

    Sad, but how quickly so many around here forget....


  9. #32
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,058

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He ain't coming back this year.
    Oh really?


    Photobucket
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    This is no longer what hope looks like.

  12. #34
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,058

    Default Re: Kravitz: This is what hope looks like

    This is what torture looks like.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Kravitz: Playoffs aren't in picture this season for Pacers
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
  2. Kravitz > Don't Despair
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
  3. Kravitz just said something that really bothers me
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
  4. Kravitz Column on Artest/Pop/Brown/Bowen/Wallace Situation
    By Southside_Pacer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:37 PM
  5. Bob Kravitz is a great asset to the Pacers
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •