http://twitter.com/ajchawks
    more links 2 come

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5752888
    Last edited by Miller-Time; 11-01-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added link
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Al Horford off the market

home town discount i guess. So roy should get 5 yrs 50mill?
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-01-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Banned

Good value for him

He never really was on the market.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good value for him
    ya he should have tested the market he would have got a near max deal this is a steal for the hawks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not surprised by this at all.

They look at Horford like we look at Roy and would never let him go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Do you guys think this is the kind of money that Hibbert will be getting... and is he worth it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Do you guys think this is the kind of money that Hibbert will be getting... and is he worth it?
    I think that with the new CBA Hibbert is going to get like 45 and 5 or some like that, maybe 50 and 6.

mark my words now, Hibbert will be overpaid. Big men normally are.

I have a feeling Hibbert will get something in the range of 5 year $50 mill
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

yes and yes

5/60? That's a good deal for ATL...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

A guy I think should now be our top priority this upcoming summer is Arron Afflalo. He has finally found his game and I think he would be a great addition to this club. The chemistry would be there with Darren and his is an excellent defender. I would not have a problem having him start over Rush or coming off the bench I just think we need to get this guy, he is becoming a great basketball player and he is only 25 yrs old with experience in the playoffs last year in which he did very well in limited minutes. His first two years in Detroit were basically wasted due to their depth at SG, since joing Denver last year, he has really shined and this year looks to be breaking out. Does anybody here see what I see, anyone agree?

A good deal for Atlanta. When u consider the money Bogut and Emeka got at least 10-20 mil more... But i suppose Horford didnt want to wait for a new CBA.
    As for us and Hibbert, I'd expect less, the max from next year should be ~12 mil or maybe even less for first deal. And cap should go down. Doubt Hibbert will be a (close to) max guy in a year or two.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    A guy I think should now be our top priority this upcoming summer is Arron Afflalo. He has finally found his game and I think he would be a great addition to this club. The chemistry would be there with Darren and his is an excellent defender. I would not have a problem having him start over Rush or coming off the bench I just think we need to get this guy, he is becoming a great basketball player and he is only 25 yrs old with experience in the playoffs last year in which he did very well in limited minutes. His first two years in Detroit were basically wasted due to their depth at SG, since joing Denver last year, he has really shined and this year looks to be breaking out. Does anybody here see what I see, anyone agree?
    I don't see any way that Denver lets him get away.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He was only going to be a restricted FA and Atlanta would have matched anything. Al was motivated to get this done before the new CBA and Atlanta wanted to lock him him... Price seems very reasonable.

Mood

afflao reminds me of Djones he would be nice but we can get better players. He should not be top prioty

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

That gives me kind of a Déjà Vu. We already have one guy who started for the Nuggets and was praised for his defense. I would suggest to follow Afflalos production closely. I will do (not only because I got him in one of my fantasy leagues)
    I`m not totally sold on him (yet). But anyways, with Danny, Rush and George we have already a quite young and promising wing rotation. I even still like D. Jones and would be just sooo happy if he would emerge as a solid contributor off the bench again. He`s got a reasonable contract and I see him as a good defender - when we actually really call more set plays for Roy - not every possession run & gun style jumpshooting - a good defender like D Jones could serve well. With Danny, Darren and Roy one could argue his lack of Offense Power and outside shooting is not that much of a deal and his defense could help at times in a game.

But time will tell I guess

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller-Time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    afflao reminds me of Djones he would be nice but we can get better players. He should not be top prioty
    LOL, great timing and as u can see, we share the same thoughts - I just wrote my last post when u did yours

oden should be top priority imo. while there are no difference makers in next year's free agent market, oden is one of the few with the potential to be.

Mood

I wouldn't be crushed if Roy got a similar deal from the Pacers (going by how the CBA works today, that is; who knows what the #s may look like).

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Your crazy, D. Jones? Watch the game Nov. 9th when we play Denver and tell me what you see in Arron that you see in D. Jones. Afflalo is a very realistic option and we should pursue him to the fullest. Think what you want but your opinion on him is way off, seems like you just took the words Denver and defender and came up with D. Jones. If you have watched him play this year you wouldn't be saying that. D. Jones cant shoot like that, his form doesn't even compare, Afflalo is a sharp shooter with a very nice lookin shot something Jones is/does not. Just cause he isn't a big name(yet) you come up with this, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller-Time View Post
    That gives me kind of a Déjà Vu. We already have one guy who started for the Nuggets and was praised for his defense. I would suggest to follow Afflalos production closely. I will do (not only because I got him in one of my fantasy leagues)
    I`m not totally sold on him (yet). But anyways, with Danny, Rush and George we have already a quite young and promising wing rotation. I even still like D. Jones and would be just sooo happy if he would emerge as a solid contributor off the bench again. He`s got a reasonable contract and I see him as a good defender - when we actually really call more set plays for Roy - not every possession run & gun style jumpshooting - a good defender like D Jones could serve well. With Danny, Darren and Roy one could argue his lack of Offense Power and outside shooting is not that much of a deal and his defense could help at times in a game.

But time will tell I guess
    Danny is our SF, Afflalo is strickly a SG. Rush is nice to have but Afflalo gives the same on defense and more on offense. George can probably play the 2 but I see him as a 3 backing up Danny. Your comparisons to D Jones are ridiculous. Watch him play. Shoot just look at his #'s and %'s so far this year. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nba...?playerId=3187

How does he remind you guys of Jones? Cause he plays for Denver and defense is the only reason. You don't know much about him so wait til you do before you make a comparison.

Mood

Danny is our SF, Afflalo is strickly a SG. Rush is nice to have but Afflalo gives the same on defense and more on offense. George can probably play the 2 but I see him as a 3 backing up Danny. Your comparisons to D Jones are ridiculous. Watch him play. Shoot just look at his #'s and %'s so far this year. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nba...?playerId=3187

How does he remind you guys of Jones? Cause he plays for Denver and defense is the only reason. You don't know much about him so wait til you do before you make a comparison.
    i watch league pass a lot they are simalar. But why should he be our top prioty with 30mill in cap space??? Jeff green should be pretty high on the prioty system. He would be great in our system

afflalo and chandler both look to be on a mission to put up big years this year. wouldn't mind either of them for the right price.

Easy Hibby - don`t wanna argue with u about Afflalo.
    Like I mentioned, I have him in my Fantasy League and saw EVERY NUGGETS GAME so far (NBA League Pass Broadband is so sweet) and I DO KNOW he`s playing out of his mind so far. But man, its 3 games.
    Do you remember how D. Jones started last year for us - he was lighting it up and was on fire almost every day. We`ll see if Afflalo can keep it up. I would love it (for the sake of my Fantasy League). I see U like this guy - but I - just like pacer4ever - don`t see him as the primary target cause we don`t need him desperately (no matter if SF or SG). Give the pacer team a PF

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller-Time For This Useful Post: