Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

  1. #1
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Per @MikeWellsNBA

    O'Brien said he doesn't expect S. Jones (elbow) to play 2morrow at Charlotte. Foster will backup Hibbert at center

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Because Charlotte's front court is worse than ours?

    Does this mean that we will see AJ?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Might as well get in before all the Hansbrough outrage begins.

    This is the only option if Solomon can't go. Too bad. He helped us a lot more than he hurt us last night.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,286

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Tough spot for JOB does he sit AJ or Tyler? I would guess we would dress Tyler just for front court depth.

  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,599

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tough spot for JOB does he sit AJ or Tyler? I would guess we would dress Tyler just for front court depth.
    Neither* Solo goes to the inactive list.

  9. #6
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tough spot for JOB does he sit AJ or Tyler? I would guess we would dress Tyler just for front court depth.
    Eventhough I disagree with his decisions, he still doesn't need to change who he's dressing.

    Foster and Solo both dressed. The same 12 can dress, and instead of Foster not getting any minutes, Solo just won't get any. Nothing else changes.




    Now what he should do is sit down Solo, if he's not going to play, and dress AJ. I'm not going to argue about who is better TJ or AJ, but TJ is coming off a hamstring injury, and those injuries can pop up again at any given moment. If TJ goes down early in the game, Jim's screwed.

  10. #7
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eventhough I disagree with his decisions, he still doesn't need to change who he's dressing.

    Foster and Solo both dressed. The same 12 can dress, and instead of Foster not getting any minutes, Solo just won't get any. Nothing else changes.




    Now what he should do is sit down Solo, if he's not going to play, and dress AJ. I'm not going to argue about who is better TJ or AJ, but TJ is coming off a hamstring injury, and those injuries can pop up again at any given moment. If TJ goes down early in the game, Jim's screwed.
    Why would he not dress AJ in Solomon's place if he is unable to play? That just makes sense.

  11. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he not dress AJ in Solomon's place if he is unable to play? That just makes sense.
    Because he knows how good AJ is.

  12. #9
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,160
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he not dress AJ in Solomon's place if he is unable to play? That just makes sense.
    Coach Flim makes no sense.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  13. #10
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Any chance we see a bit of a TJ Ford showcase against Charlotte? It seems like they're one of the few teams that could be talked into trading for him. Augustin/Livingston didn't look good against Dallas.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,286

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    If Solo is not going to paly than JOB better put him in street clothes, but you guys are probably right. He will just dress solo and not play him. It really sucks that we have 2 guys not dressing who should be in our rotation.

  16. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,040

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    It's nonsense that JOB will dress someone that can't play when he's got players on the bench that can play!

  17. #13
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Good.
    Grown Man Ball

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,027

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's nonsense that JOB will dress someone that can't play when he's got players on the bench that can play!
    Well, there you go.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. #15
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,265

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Why can't we see this rotation if Solo is sitting?

    DC/TJ
    Dunleavy/Posey
    Granger/George
    McBob/Tyler
    Hibbert/Foster

    That's 10 Players with an actual PF/C rotation using actual PFs and actual Centers
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    I would hope we could see this although I don't know if I'd play Posey at the 2.
    Foster should be playing ahead of Solo anyway if we want to win. I don't understand that part of the rotation last night.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can't we see this rotation if Solo is sitting?

    DC/TJ
    Dunleavy/Posey
    Granger/George
    McBob/Tyler
    Hibbert/Foster

    That's 10 Players with an actual PF/C rotation using actual PFs and actual Centers

  22. #17

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he not dress AJ in Solomon's place if he is unable to play? That just makes sense.
    AJ will play.

  23. #18
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,298
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    I hope the Hippo will abuse Nazr.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:


  25. #19

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    I hope Tyer plays this time. We need someone who will take in charge of offense when the scorers are on the bench.

  26. #20
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per @MikeWellsNBA
    Begins checking JOB dictionary. When he says "backup" then that should mean Foster will play Friday. What did he say about Posey and Tyler?

  27. #21
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope the Hippo will abuse Nazr.
    I'm preparing for a great season from Big Roy

  28. #22

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Until Hibbert can demonstrate that he has overcome the knack for picking up two quick fouls early in the game, I think JOB needs to dress both Solo and Foster.

  29. #23
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Lol yeah.. well not really.. he's too quick.. he makes Chris Paul look like a turd.

    I do think that he has overcome that.. but we need a 3rd big so very badly.. that would be great for chemistry and/or energy and injuries..

    How far we have come.

  30. #24
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,286

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Solo to play tonight per Wells twiitter.

  31. MikeWellsNBA
    What a difference 24 hrs makes. Solomon Jones took part in shootaround and says he's playing 2nite vs. Charlotte
    http://twitter.com/

  32. #25
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solo probably out for @CHA, Foster to play instead

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solo to play tonight per Wells twiitter.

  33. MikeWellsNBA
    What a difference 24 hrs makes. Solomon Jones took part in shootaround and says he's playing 2nite vs. Charlotte
    http://twitter.com/
  34. Good news. He's a much better option than Foster.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Question about the play clock
    By vapacersfan in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
  2. T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page
    By Brad8888 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM
  3. Why It's time to play the kids
    By Sookie in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
  5. 03/23/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Spurs
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •