Thread: Rockets to Sign Eric Dampier

Default Rockets to Sign Eric Dampier

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...erick-dampier/

According to Hoopsworld, Houston has found another large and serviceable body to keep Yao Ming’s spot in the paint warm for him: “The Houston Rockets have long been in pursuit of one more big man to shore up their front line and add additional insurance in the event of another injury to Yao Ming, and now, according to sources close to the situation, the Rockets have found their man. Houston has been just one of many teams interested in signing free agent center Erick Dampier, and Hoopsworld has learned that they are now going to ultimately win his services. The former Dallas Mavericks center has been pursued by a number of team, including the Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns, but the Rockets offered the best financial package, as well as a shot at being a part of a potentially-contending team.”

I wonder what they are doing with this signing and what it means. Is there a chance Brad Miller might be available now? IMHO he would make the perfect backup to Roy and make this team a lot better.

Default Re: Rockets to Sign Eric Dampier

I was hoping Miami would get him, it'd help them immensely versus teams like Boston and Los Angeles.

I'm not sure Miller becomes available. Adelman likes his high post game. And I don't think he's worth his contract, I don't think it's going to be easy for the Rockets to move even if they want to. Still, it's true that Yao, Miller and Dampier are all pure centers, it's almost impossible to pair two of them together. Doesn't make much sense.

Dampier, Hayes, Miller, Hill, Patterson and Jeffries. That's a lot of backup bigs.

I hope that Next year we dont' fill out the entire roster prior to the season. We need to leave a couple spots open. Never know when you get a chance to sign some depth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope that Next year we dont' fill out the entire roster prior to the season. We need to leave a couple spots open. Never know when you get a chance to sign some depth.
    I think Bird has said that he prefers to go into the season with 14 out of 15, presumably for this very reason, and I'd imagine also for potential 1-for-2 trades.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: