Thread: LeBron's role.

Joel

Default LeBron's role.

I just can't understand why Larry Brown isn't playing this guy. He played a total of 6 minutes today in the loss to Lithuania.

He is clearly the second best player on the US team behind Duncan, and possibly the most effective the way they pack the lane in Internation play.

Is Larry Brown that big of a bonehead, where he simply won't play a guy because he's young. LeBron has a better feel for the game than anyone they are playing in the guard positions.

Jerm

Default Re: LeBron's role.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Larry Brown that big of a bonehead, where he simply won't play a guy because he's young.

Imho, yes. I'm not denying that he is a good coach. I am denying that he is a versitile coach though.

RimBender

Melo > Lebron

RimBender

Well, If you're talking bout the guard postions, I like Starbury and Wade. 2 solid PGs.

I remember some prelim games where Lebron was struggling. He was over doing everything like he was trying to hard.

I'd rather have him at SF, I can't imagine him playing SG, Him and Jefferson are about the same in shooting.

canyoufeelit

As good as LeBron can be, I don't think he's quite as good as Marion or Jefferson at this stage of his career.

Is Larry Brown a bonehead? I remember a point during the playoffs in the Confrence Semi-finals where some of the friendlier Piston fans were ready to kill him for not playing Mehmet Okur during the triple overtime game. His rotations are usually... uh... rigid

LeBron is definetly the second best player on the team, and he should be playing right now. I really don't like how Larry Brown is handling the rotation right now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

PacerStud

What can LeBron bring to this team ?? He has no outside shot and plays poor defense. The other teams are packing their D in the paint and daring us to shoot from the outside. LeBron can do nothing in a game like that.

He has huge endorsement deals though. I guess that's what makes him so great.

No one on the team has an outside shot. Saying that is the reason LeBron shouldn't be playing isn't fair to him.

Joel

LeBron's shot is a lot better than Jeffersons. LeBron does play defense and he's by far the best playmaker on the team. Do I need to find some plus/minus numbers for the games so far?

PacerStud

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    No one on the team has an outside shot. Saying that is the reason LeBron shouldn't be playing isn't fair to him.
    Well, let's talk defense.

Let's talk team play.

Then we'll talk about LeBron's minutes. He doesn't understand team ball. Athletically gifted, but doesn't understand it's 5 on 5.

Joel

PacerStud,

No offense, but you are out of your mind. This Kid is nothing if not team oriented. He was top 15 in assists and steals last year as a rookie! No defense and no team play.. bah.. Give me a break.

[edit=541=1093147656][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by PacerStud
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Well, let's talk defense.

Let's talk team play.

Then we'll talk about LeBron's minutes. He doesn't understand team ball. Athletically gifted, but doesn't understand it's 5 on 5.
    Lebron's defense is at least as good as Jefferson's. We haven't really been shutting people down, so I don't see that hurting us.

Doesn't understand team ball? The man is a gifted passer, and benefits the team much more than Jefferson.

Haterade! I love it!

Speakin' of 'Bron, has anyone tried his new FLAVA23?

Joel

Read about the Flava23 the other day.. Been meaning to give it a try.

I heard it was a red sourberry taste, or something like that. Sounds pretty good really.

Lebron's role should be increased.

But it won't.

Because Larry Brown doesn't get that it is a players league and a players game. He won't adjust to players, Carlise, but he makes the players adjust to him. Of course it worked out last year, after he did a little fine tunning.

Now I understand that the olympics and NBA are diffrent but I think that a coach should approach it the same. And thats that you adjust to your team.

Brown doesn't have a team his style. He has a fast breaking team. I think if Brown allowed more freedom this team would have success.

RimBender

Go Kevin Martin, Who weighs only 25 pounds.
    [edit=506=1093179002][/edit]

PacerStud

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    Do I need to find some plus/minus numbers for the games so far?
    Yeah - go ahead and do that.

While you're at it, find his shooting % and his assist/turnover ratio.

Thanks.

LeBron is already a top 15 player in the league.

And the sole reason why he IS that hgh is because he's such a great team player.

Most of the best in the league are. Thats what separates talent (Marbury, Vince Carter, Carmello) from greatness (Duncan, KG, LeBron).

He should be on the court more for his playmaking abilities alone. Because Wade, Marbury and Iverson are not playmakers.

RimBender

I totally disagree.

Wade is a playmaker no doubt. He is awesome at getting his team involved. Did you see him against us?????

And Melo, when he wants, can be a team player with the best of them. One game, I don't remember which one could've been in the pres or the Oly., he had like 4 assists in 4 straight plays on the court. He was drawing the defense and giving it up to Boozer.

LeBron is a great player, but I would keep Starbury and Wade over him as of right now becuase of everything I have seen him do IN THE PRELIMES AND THE OLYMPICS.