Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simple question: Outside of the Pacers, who is your favorite NBA player?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Simple question: Outside of the Pacers, who is your favorite NBA player?

It's relatively quiet right now, so to start some conversation:

Who's your favorite player outside of Indiana players and why?

Mine is Kevin Durant. The long range, the length, and the amazingness mixed in with the youth and intensity is just pure awesome. I love watching him and his team play as they show great chemistry and his performances for Team USA had me in AWE. Three after three after three. I was hooked on KD's game during the sophomore vs. rookie game when he dropped like 46.

I was a huge fan of Tracy McGrady when he first showed up in Orlando and Kevin kind of reminds me of a more fundamental, less mad skillzz version of TMac.

And that's why I was happy we drafted Paul George instead of Henry, Babbitt, Davis and all those other guys.

Default Re: Simple question: Outside of the Pacers, who is your favorite NBA player?

nice question. probably kobe. i like what he represents. i like that he's matured.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Simple question: Outside of the Pacers, who is your favorite NBA player?

on a straight basketball point of view, its Lebron...but I hate his attitude

Other than that I'd say Durant. Hes a great player and a humble kid
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Manu Ginobili, with Kobe and Nash as a close second and third

Tim Duncan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always liked Yao Ming and also Kevin Durant. Both are great players and are also very humble, which is a great trait when you're good the kind of money those guys have. Plus I have also met Durant on several occasions (he's from DC) and he's just a great, great person.

I have a soft spot for Greg Oden. I know its unlikely, but I hope he succeeds in the NBA some day.

Also a big fan of Andre Miller. I always wanted him on the Pacers, thought he'd be a great replacement for Mark Jackson back in the day.

Guys from the past I always liked were Allen Houston, Penny Hardaway, and Shaq who is so far out of his prime now so I'll put him in the past. Looking back on it I really liked Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley, even though they were the enemy at the time, they were great foot soldiers for any time.

Also, funny story about Charles Oakley. I was at a Pacers-Raptors game I think the year the Raptors were an expansion team or maybe the next year. Anyway, they had Oakley who was out of his prime by that point. When someone was shooting free throw, I yelled, "Hey Oakley, your team sucks!" He actually turned around and shrugged his shoulders, suggesting "I know, and there;s not **** I can about it it." Everyone around me burst out laughing, it was great.
    Last edited by idioteque; 10-24-2010 at 10:02 PM.

LeBron.

Probably Durant, just because he's a humble superstar. I like the way he plays and just seems like a great kid.

Possibly Dwight Howard for the same reason, and also a big fan of Derrick Rose.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

That's interesting. What is KD like in person?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kobe has the most pure game. I love to watch Kobe Bryant play. When I played for my high school, I always tried to be as much like Jason Kidd as I possibly could. As a point guard, I thought I could be similar to him.

Banned

1)Steve Nash

2)Amare

3)Manu

Last edited by vnzla81; 10-24-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Mood

Eric Gordon

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

I love watching Lebron, Kobe, and Durant. All three are nearly unstoppable for different reasons.

CP3 is a blast as well, because good point guard play just makes the whole game more fun to fun watch, but a guy I think that doesn't get enough national respect is Brandon Roy. Love his game.

1) brook lopez 2) george hill 3) jason kapono
    Last edited by tikitomoka; 10-24-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's interesting. What is KD like in person?
    Same as he is on tv, said to be in articles, etc. In short - great.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tikitomoka For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Dwayne Wade.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Wow that's really tough to say.

At the top i'd have to say Kobe just from a basketball perspective. He is simply the best in the NBA imo.

However I have to put Kevin Durant, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo, and Dirk Nowitzki among my favorites too. I just can't pick one.

Nice question!

Vince Carter. I've always enjoyed watching him and have read enough about him to the point that I think I can discount a lot of the bad rap he received when he was with Toronto. Phenomenal dunker in his prime, but he's shown that he can still light up the scoreboard in other ways every so often.

After that I'd say Jermaine O'Neal and Troy Murphy....two former Pacers that I would like to succeed on their new teams.

I watched Kobe play at Conseco a couple years back and I was flat out floored at how above and beyond he looked compared to everybody else. I have been a fan since '96 when he was a rookie anyways but that took my appreciation to a new level for him. Seeing him in person is definitely a different experience than on tv.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

LeBron. People can think he's a dick off the court but there's not a more fun player to watch play.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Hmmmm... My favorite past Pacer in the NBA right now.... Hmm... I really can't think of one that I like as a player besides Stephen Jackson but even then I hate his all-about-me attitude.

Banned

Here is a video of the most underrated super star in the last ten years.

With Lebron I used to hate to hate Lebron.. I hated his guts and I wish that he was never in the NBA..

Now I love to hate him. I love to see him fail. Like last year. and the year before. And the year before. And the year before.

The move to Miami was good for him in my book because he was a player that acted as a goody two shoes to everyone in Cleveland and tried to paint himself as everyones favorite basketball player and now he's got the "my back against the world" attitude and I don't care what anyone thinks I'm gonna win some rings. That's the attitude he's needed all along.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Kevin Garnett. He's the one that got me into watching the NBA in the first place. Great team leader, knows the game very very very well. Can just do a lot of things--at least back in his prime. He really helped develop the PF position into what it is today imo. I also like his barking at opponents lmao. He's mentally insane, but man is he a great player. I could go on and on about him and his career, but I'll stop it here. I also like to think of him as the best PF of all-time...yes, I'd put him over Duncan as well.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post: