Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1674

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

  1. #51

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NBA is back - all is right with the world. Can't wait to see Heat at the Celtics.
    It's turned out to be quite an entertaining game. Or maybe I just missed watching elite basketball for so long. That first quarter and a half was freaking awesome though. That was some goodass defense by the Celts.

  2. #52
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Oh no...

    LeBron reminding us that he is still the best player in basketball. Unfortunately.

  3. #53

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Garnett generally dominates Bosh - frustrates him offensively with his length and quickness, Bosh used to rely a lot on the pick'n'roll with his point-guards and Garnett would wreck their 2 man game. Bosh uses to play intimidated versus Garnett.

    However, I thought Bosh did a good job defensively on Garnett tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point, it is pretty much low risk. It looks bad for him however, Arroyo's only played 2 minutes so far and House is getting a bunch of minutes.

    I wonder if he looks that bad in practice?
    Is he injured or something? Apparently he's not playing at all. He could have bothered Rondo a lot more than Arroyo and House did.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh no...

    LeBron reminding us that he is still the best player in basketball
    It's not even close. This is why the discussion about LeBron's reputation - legacy and whatnot - is misguided. The Heat are LeBron's team.

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    YAO MING

    Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, I thought Bosh did a good job defensively on Garnett tonight.



    Is he injured or something? Apparently he's not playing at all. He could have bothered Rondo a lot more than Arroyo and House did.
    The Heat have placed injured guards Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller, along with rookie center Dexter Pittman, on the inactive roster...

    http://boston.sbnation.com/boston-ce...-night-vs-heat

    He had an ankle injury but did play in preseason..confused

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    WTF is Napoleon Dinamite doing in those commercials ?

  7. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Hayes needs to be guarding Gasol.

    edit: Oh my god Brooks. Can we sign him now?
    Last edited by flox; 10-26-2010 at 11:19 PM.

  8. #57

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit: Oh my god Brooks. Can we sign him now?
    Why? We already have a starting PG, one who's more of a PG than Brooks.

  9. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? We already have a starting PG, one who's more of a PG than Brooks.
    I disagree. But we'll see.

    Brooks will be sought after this offseason I'm sure. And I think Brooks is plenty of a real PG.

  10. #59

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    I think Brooks is a better version of Collison, personally. But I like our two PGs.

  11. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    If Collison becomes a mini-Brooks we'll be a good team. But right now I don't think it's close- Brooks is heads and shoulders above Collison. I kinda see the comparison but I think Brooks is a bit more different- better without the ball.

  12. #61
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Collison becomes a mini-Brooks we'll be a good team. But right now I don't think it's close- Brooks is heads and shoulders above Collison. I kinda see the comparison but I think Brooks is a bit more different- better without the ball.
    Much better outside shooter at this point too.

  13. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much better outside shooter at this point too.
    I agree. Brooks would be a great fit for our team. can play with or without the ball, can dribble penetrate, can shoot the three.

    Sad flox.

  14. #63

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Collison becomes a mini-Brooks we'll be a good team. But right now I don't think it's close- Brooks is heads and shoulders above Collison. I kinda see the comparison but I think Brooks is a bit more different- better without the ball.
    Well, that's why I said he's better.

    I think this is the first thing I've agreed with you on. I like Brooks a lot.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  16. #64
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. Brooks would be a great fit for our team. can play with or without the ball, can dribble penetrate, can shoot the three.

    Sad flox.
    I'm interested to see what kind of contract he is going to get. Especially with the lockout coming.

  17. #65
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    I've been to atleast 60-70 Celtics games over the years and i've never heard the crowd so loud as it was tonight. Pretty incredible game.

  18. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Nash is still killing them

  19. #67
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Rockets look awfully good.

  20. #68
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that's why I said he's better.

    I think this is the first thing I've agreed with you on. I like Brooks a lot.
    Agreed. I kind of like this whole agreeing with Sookie thing. Feels better.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm interested to see what kind of contract he is going to get. Especially with the lockout coming.
    I would have to think that he would at least command a prelockout salary of TJ Ford.

  21. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Is Jao quicker than Roy? he looks faster

  22. #70
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been to atleast 60-70 Celtics games over the years and i've never heard the crowd so loud as it was tonight. Pretty incredible game.
    Yeah you guys were amazing tonight. Created a great atmosphere. I think the Cavalier fans are actually going to cheer your team tomorrow night at the Q.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    lol Suns and defensive rebounding. killing them.

  25. #72
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,362

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Brooks is a better version of Collison, personally. But I like our two PGs.
    Brooks is the exact type of PG that JO'B loves to have...a penetrating and super-quick PG that can score from the perimeter.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. #73

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brooks is the exact type of PG that JO'B loves to have...a penetrating and super-quick PG that can score from the perimeter.
    except he doesn't want them to hold onto the ball..

  27. #74
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    Boston just has that look like they are out for blood. As long as they are healthy and don't lose anyone key, I don't see any team in the East beating them in a 7 game series. They have a better playoff roster than Miami does. KG, the two O'Neals, Perkins, Baby....that's freaking 30 fouls from their bigs to use against teams in the playoffs. Those will come in very very handy if they meet LA again.

    Aside from Rondo, these are guys who are in the twilight of their careers and know that the clock is ticking. Being just minutes away from a second ring had to hurt quite a bit, so you can guarantee that they will on a mission to get back to the finals this year.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-27-2010 at 07:58 AM.

  28. #75
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: 2010-2011 NBA Random Thoughts Thread part VII: Advent Children

    I do enjoy watching the Celtics play defense - generally it is just so good. Even Shaq and JO were playing defense. The only time their defense struggles is when KG is on the bench.

    The TV ratings for opening night were huge and I must tell you the hype and genuine interest in the NBA is as high as I have seen it since Michael Jordan and before you say that is only to see the Heat - well back in the 90's it was only to see the Bulls and Jordan. Between the current lakers, heat, Celtics and a few other teams, the interest is rather high especially for October

    http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010...ght-up-75.html


    Heat/Celtics Draws 5.6 Overnight, Up 75%

    As with New York Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys and Brett Favre, sports fans may say they are sick of LeBron James, but their actions continuously contradict that notion.

    TNT drew a 5.6 overnight rating for the debut of the Miami Heat and their Big Three -- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh -- in a loss to the Boston Celtics Tuesday night.

    The 5.6 overnight marks a 75% increase from last year's Cavaliers/Celtics opener, and a 167% increase from the Cavaliers/Celtics opener in 2008 -- both of which featured James playing with his old franchise.

    Later in the night, the Lakers' close win over the Rockets drew a 3.5 overnight, up 40% from Clippers/Lakers last year (2.5), and up 67% from Blazers/Lakers in 2008 (2.1).

    Overall, TNT averaged a 4.5 overnight for Tuesday's NBA Opening Night doubleheader, up 61% from last year (2.8), and up 125% from 2008 (2.0).

    Last year's NBA Opening Night was the most-viewed ever on Turner Sports. This year's edition is on pace to shatter that record.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-27-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 532
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
  3. Comprehensive defense examination thread, part II: Wing defense
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
  4. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  5. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •