says Vick to start next game after Eagles bye
    NFL star tackles poverty in Africa
    2010 NFL Draft Round 1
    Jeff Zelevansky / Getty Images
    PFT Daily: Week 7 mailbag
    Andy Reid, Mark Hittner /
    By TERESA M. WALKER
    updated 6:21 p.m. ET Oct. 24, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Philadelphia coach Andy Reid is switching quarterbacks again and says Michael Vick will start Nov. 7 against Indianapolis in the Eagles' next game after their bye week.

Kevin Kolb made his third straight start Sunday, and the Eagles lost 37-19 to Tennessee. Kolb threw for 231 yards and was intercepted twice. He also lost a fumble at the Tennessee 3 in the third quarter.

Vick was the third quarterback against Tennessee as he recovered from injured rib cartilage.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Asked who his starter would be after the Eagles' bye, Reid was short.

"It's Mike," Reid said.

Vick said in the locker room that he wouldn't know until he got hit whether he was 100 percent or not, but his ribs felt good.

"I've got some time to heal, some more time to get stronger. If they really needed me down the line, I probably could have (played)," Vick said. "If Kevin or Mike (Kafka) would have went down, I could have gotten through."

Kolb began the season as the Eagles' starter after they traded away Donovan McNabb. But he suffered a concussion in the opener and Vick played so well in his place that he remained the starter when Kolb returned.

Then Vick, the NFC's top-rated passer at 108.8, got hurt himself Oct. 3 in a loss to Washington.

Kolb, the NFC's second-rated passer coming into Sunday, started at San Francisco and at home against Atlanta. The Eagles won both games, and Kolb was named NFC offensive player of the week after throwing for 326 yards in the win over Atlanta.

But Kolb was 26 of 48 against Tennessee. His first interception came a play after safety Quintin Mikell stripped Titans quarterback Kerry Collins of the ball in the second quarter. He lost the fumble at the Titans 3 in the third quarter, and he was intercepted to end the game. That was returned 41 yards for a touchdown as time expired.

Reid said Kolb was up and down Sunday.

"He had some good plays, phenomenal plays," Reid said. "We've got to continue to work with the pressure and make sure that we protect him. We've got to make sure we give him the right plays."

Kolb was disappointed to hear Vick would start Nov. 7 when Indianapolis visits the Eagles.

"I enjoy playing out there, and I want to continue to play. But, I'll say it again, I always trust him (Reid). And I trust him now," Kolb said.
    ___

Default Re: Vick to start against the Colts

Reid is going to mess both of these guys up with this.

But Vick was hurt and he was backing him since he made that switch to begin with.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reid is going to mess both of these guys up with this.
    Since Reid has named Vick the starter after the Lions game, he has consistently said Vick will be the starter. Not sure how he is going to "mess both of these guys up."

Vick should start. Kolb played well. But he didn't play on the level of Vick, except for the Atlanta game. Last week against Tennessee we really needed Vick. We settled for too many field goals and I believe Vick playing would have helped that quite a bit.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Vick is not healthy enough to perform the task he was trained to do, shouldn't he just be put down?
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"