Thread: Cavs backed away from Baron Davis trade

Banned

Default Cavs backed away from Baron Davis trade

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...on-davis-trade

Right after the season, the Cavs were talking to the Clippers about a huge deal for Baron Davis and Chris Kaman, with Mo Williams and others headed to L.A. The idea was to bring in veterans to help keep LeBron James. When James went south, the Cavs backed away from the deal. They don't want a 31-year-old Davis who has $40 million and three years left on his contract in a rebuilding process.

Default Re: Cavs backed away from Baron Davis trade

Baron Davis would've been such a pain for Cavs without LeBron. Bad team, not the town he wants to be in... They are lucky LeBron bolted as fast as he could, having Baron instead of Mo would be disaster.
    Last edited by ballism; 10-24-2010 at 02:55 PM.

wow, how could they not take Kaman and Davis. I would've jumped at that in an instant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow, how could they not take Kaman and Davis. I would've jumped at that in an instant
    To me Baron Davis is better than Mo Williams or at least even and then you get Kaman? I don't understand why they did not make the deal.

Baron, Parker, Jamison, Hickson, Kaman? that does not look too bad.

The version of this rumour that i heard was Baron Davis for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon. Which works salary wise (13 mil and 9+3 mil). If they want to drop Kaman's deal too (11 mil), you have to give them either Jamison (13 mil) or Varejao + expirings (Anthony Parker, Leon Powe). Is it really worth it talent wise? You are losing so much defense there.

Either way, you are adding lots of money right when new CBA (with much lower salaries) is about to come out. That's dumb. Not to mention, Davis always sucks when he's on a losing team. I mean, that's been tried like 4 times now, right. Never worked. You need a winning team with good leadership, then he follows.
    Last edited by ballism; 10-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The version of this rumour that i heard was Baron Davis for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon. Which works salary wise (13 mil and 9+3 mil). If they want to drop Kaman's deal too (11 mil), you have to give them either Jamison (13 mil) or Varejao + expirings (Anthony Parker, Leon Powe). Is it really worth it talent wise? You are losing so much defense there.

Either way, you are adding lots of money right when new CBA (with much lower salaries) is about to come out. That's dumb. Not to mention, Davis always sucks when he's on a losing team. I mean, that's been tried like 4 times now, right. Never worked. You need a winning team with good leadership, then he follows.
    I am not sure if they could have combine the trade exception they got for Lebron without giving up important pieces.

It would have been interesting to see how Baron played for Byron. But that's a lot of money to be paying a guy at the tail end of his career.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!