Thread: Shocker of the Day! Allred waived

Default Shocker of the Day! Allred waived

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/allre...ed_101022.html
    or
    http://ht.ly/2XMsM

Allred waived, roster down to 16

By Conrad Brunner | Oct. 22, 2010
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In waiving Lance Allred Friday, the Pacers reduced their roster to 16.
    The 6-11 Allred appeared in one preseason game for the Pacers.

He appeared in three regular-season NBA games with Cleveland during the 2007-08 season.

The former Weber State standout has appeared in 156 games over the past four seasons for Idaho of the D-League, posting averages of 13.7 points and 8.4 rebounds.

The Pacers must trim their roster to no more than 15 by 6 p.m. Monday.
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Shocker of the Day! Allred waived

Say it ain't so, Joe!

One more Lance to go.

I hope he goes and plays for the Mad Antz.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He seemed like a young guy with a lot of energy and tried to have a good time.

He was always up high 5ing the players.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He seemed like a young guy with a lot of energy and tried to have a good time.

He was always up high 5ing the players.
    He's going to be 30 in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Say it ain't so, Joe!

One more Lance to go.

I sure hope not. Stephenson has superstar talent in a troubled youth mind. I would hate to get rid of him based on allegations which are yet to be proven. I'm totally against domestic violence, but how many players in the NBA do this stuff or even worse, but don't get the cops called on them? It kind of infuriates me when people want him gone based on that.. It's not like he's going to turn into a serial killer and become a wanted man.. he just messed up when he was 19, and in high school.. people learn from mistakes. People will be cheering for him again once he proves people wrong.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luis3ep For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by luis3ep View Post
    I sure hope not. Stephenson has superstar talent in a troubled youth mind. I would hate to get rid of him based on allegations which are yet to be proven. I'm totally against domestic violence, but how many players in the NBA do this stuff or even worse, but don't get the cops called on them? It kind of infuriates me when people want him gone based on that.. It's not like he's going to turn into a serial killer and become a wanted man.. he just messed up when he was 19, and in high school.. people learn from mistakes. People will be cheering for him again once he proves people wrong.
    At this point, the off the court stuff is totally meaningless. If he is good enough on both sides of the ball, he will make the roster regardless of whether the case ever actually goes to trial. Personally, I am now thinking that is unlikely due to the length of the delay, and that the whole thing will end up swept under the rug much like the cases against Tinsley and Daniels where both were federally indicted and yet never suffered any consequences. No, there is absolutely no comparison in the charges against Stephenson vs. those against both Tinsley and Daniels, but there likely was more evidence present for those cases due to the number of witnesses than there is evidence against Lance.

For me, Stephenson is a streaky scorer like Kareem Rush who doesn't understand basketball at a high enough level to make it without a coach who can teach fundamentals on a team that has numerous better options at the position he plays, which is only the 2, despite the experiment of the summer league, and I believe I posted this idea in the "Odd Man Out" thread as well. He doesn't do defense, even at the O'Brien level of expectations for a benched rookie in my view.

If not Stephenson, then who? Magnum Rolle, who at least shows some athleticism and basic fundamentals at the 4? Solomon Jones who is at least a body at the 4/5 position who has hung on in the NBA for a little while? Have Foster take a buyout and retire before he gets more seriously injured? Buy out the relatively cheap Dahntay Jones that nobody really wants due to his personality? Bite the bullet and buy out Ford for 8+ million?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    He's going to be 30 in February.

But that's still pretty young in the non athletic world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    At this point, the off the court stuff is totally meaningless. If he is good enough on both sides of the ball, he will make the roster regardless of whether the case ever actually goes to trial. Personally, I am now thinking that is unlikely due to the length of the delay, and that the whole thing will end up swept under the rug much like the cases against Tinsley and Daniels where both were federally indicted and yet never suffered any consequences. No, there is absolutely no comparison in the charges against Stephenson vs. those against both Tinsley and Daniels, but there likely was more evidence present for those cases due to the number of witnesses than there is evidence against Lance.

For me, Stephenson is a streaky scorer like Kareem Rush who doesn't understand basketball at a high enough level to make it without a coach who can teach fundamentals on a team that has numerous better options at the position he plays, which is only the 2, despite the experiment of the summer league, and I believe I posted this idea in the "Odd Man Out" thread as well. He doesn't do defense, even at the O'Brien level of expectations for a benched rookie in my view.

If not Stephenson, then who? Magnum Rolle, who at least shows some athleticism and basic fundamentals at the 4? Solomon Jones who is at least a body at the 4/5 position who has hung on in the NBA for a little while? Have Foster take a buyout and retire before he gets more seriously injured? Buy out the relatively cheap Dahntay Jones that nobody really wants due to his personality? Bite the bullet and buy out Ford for 8+ million?

I'd really like a trade that can send 2 for 1 or 3 for 2.. and in return we get someone we can actually use to help us out this season and in the future possibly.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post

But that's still pretty young in the non athletic world.
    And we're talking about the NBA. Which I consider to be the "athletic world."

Being hearing impaired myself -- meaning deaf to most people -- I can say this: At least Allred didn't hear it coming.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    And we're talking about the NBA. Which I consider to be the "athletic world."
    I never said it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by luis3ep View Post
    I'd really like a trade that can send 2 for 1 or 3 for 2.. and in return we get someone we can actually use to help us out this season and in the future possibly.
    I think that is what everyone wants; but no one wants to make a bad trade just for the sake of opening a roster spot for an unproven player with potential (Lance, Rolle).

The closer we get to Monday 6PM, the more other teams can take advantage of our predicament. And most certainly, the Pacers already have a "Plan B" on the shelf (i.e. already knowing which player they will release), ready to implement, if the trade cannot be completed.

If the Pacers released Lance, there is a chance that no other team would pick him up and that he could be re-signed at a later opportunity should his legal status change.

If the Pacers released Rolle, it seems reasonable that another team might cut one of its own marginal players and pick him up, based solely on his summer league performance.

Should the Pacers release any other player, more than likely the player would be picked up by another team.

So, if I'm another team, unless I actually want to get rid of one of my players, I'm not going to make a trade for SJones, DJones, Lance or Rolle at this time because they might be available to me for basically free on Monday at 6PM. The only exception to that thought would be if the Pacers included a better player that I was interested in, such as Rush, McRoberts or Hansbrough.