7 - Donte Green
    8 - Indy 2011 1st rounder

Sacremento Gets:
    1 - Chauncey Billups
    2 - Nene
    3 - Tony Douglas
    4 - Wilson Chandler
    5 - Dahntay Jones

Works IMO for all teams. Indy gets a PF and a SG out of the deal as well as clearing roster space. Denver is able to jettison all its long erm contracts because obviously they are now i rebuilding mode. NY gets what they want in Carmello. Sacremento becomes a legit playoff team with its new roster.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another IND/SAC/NYK/DEN

where is the Galio he needs to be in there

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Why would Denver EVER do that? Melo, Billups, and Nene for a bunch of backups and a first rounder?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Denver EVER do that? Melo, Billups, and Nene for a bunch of backups and a first rounder?
    **** i didnt even notice them this trade is LOL the nuggets would have to get galio and Jason Thomson and a lot more lol.

Galinari could also be thrown in to Denver if need be. I disagree on Denver not getting much out of this. You cant just look at it in terms of losing Chauncey and Nene.....they have huge contracts that are long term that are useless without Carmello and cripple a rebuilding process, getting rid of them is paramount. As far as prospects....Randolph, Rush, and Green are all legitimate young prospects....Thompson is no more a prospect than any of them. Throw in 3 expiring deals of around 20mil and Indiana's draft pick which will likely be lottery and maybe Sacs....Its more than Cleveland or Toronto got for losing their stars. On top of that when you look at those teams cap situation with the teams they tried to build around their deserting superstars they are in shambles for a while trying to move the longterm over the hill comp players they brought in.....I think this is great for Denver.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Thompson is definitely a better prospect than Green or Rush, come on. Green was sent to the D-League last year and if we could trade Rush and a 2nd rounder for Thompson, Pacers Digest would have a 100 page thread about how great of a deal it was.

Billups and Nene DON'T have longterm contracts. Nene has a player option for next year (which he may or may not exercise) and Billups has a team option for next year (meaning that this could be his last year with Denver, if Denver wants). Not to mention they're still good players who are pretty much worth the salaries they're getting. Checking a site like this: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm might help in future trade proposals.

You're correct that this is a better deal for the Nuggets than Cleveland and Toronto got for Lebron and Bosh, but it's a huge "F You" to the Denver fan-base. Denver went 53-29 last year, four games back from 1st in the west. None of the guys you have coming back to Denver are even starting on their own teams right now. They'd rather take one more shot (/hope Melo has a change of heart) with the same team than give it all away for Randolph, B-Rush, a few scrubs, and a mid-round pick (no way the Pacers subtract Ford/Rush/Solo for Thompson/Udrih/Affalo and don't make the playoffs). I like where your heart's at, but this is just a terrible trade for Denver no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by CooperManning; 10-21-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Denver trades 4 players and takes back "7" players with with 14 players on their roster. Denver is already in LT Land.

Denver is giving up starters to take back those 7 players! Not to mention that Martin is in his last year. Their PG would be Ford who is an expiring, so if they don't want to re-sign him they don't have a PG either. With your trade Denver goes from playoffs to a non-factor in the West playoff race. No way Denver makes this trade.