Okay....prediction time before the start of the season.
Obviously the Pacers are one of those Teams that has always been one of those "Playoff Bubble" Teams.....but of the perennial Lottery Bound teams....which ( if any ) do you think will take the next "leap" forward and make it into the Playoffs?
Teams that I think could have a shot at getting to the Playoffs:
East ( pick 2 of 4 )
- Pacers ( homer answer, of course )
- Knicks ( I think that they will somehow swing Carmelo while retaining Amare and Felton )
- Cavs ( I'm adding them since I think that Byron Scott can make something of them )
- Wizards ( They don't have that bad of a 8-9 man rotation )
- Rockets ( assuming they are healthy )
- Suns ( with a Nash/JRich/Grant/Frye/Robin/Goran/Childress/Hedo a Small Ball lineup )
On the flipside, which ( if any ) perennial Playoff Teams do you think will take a "step backward" and drop out of the Playoff hunt?
Teams that I think could drop out of the Playoffs:
- Bobcats ( MJ didn't do them any favors by giving Brown a frontcourt rotation of Diaw/Tyrus/Nazr/Crash while leaving little depth in the backcourt )
- Nuggets ( depending on what they get back for Carmelo )
- Hornets ( depends on how well Ariza/CP3/Thornton/West/Okafor gel )