Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 149

Thread: PD 10/11 wins and loses predictions

  1. #51
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,430
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    32 wins last year.

    Healthier Granger, +3 wins due to better ability to drive and better lift on shot.

    More offense and rebounding from Hibbert, +3 wins.

    McRoberts / Hansbrough combo, not Murphy, 0 change overall due to inexperience against the better forwards in the league, negating advantages the rest of the way.

    More Collison, less Ford, +2 wins due to extra scoring from the point once Collison finally adjusts to the system with less PnR and also figures out where other players like to receive the ball, reducing turnovers.

    If Price plays significant minutes at the point (unlikely) could mean +2, but I am saying 0 change.

    New guy adjustments, as usual, coupled with learning PnR before possibly abandoning it, -2 wins.

    Less Rush, less defense, but more scoring potential from George in spot minutes overall, but only in second half of season when he gets fully adjusted, -1 win.

    More Dunleavy, but only effective for first half of season, 0 change.

    Remainder of current roster = irrelevant for this discussion, 0 change.

    So, 32 + 3 + 3 + 0 + 2 + 0 - 2 - 1 + 0 + 0 = 37 wins, missed playoffs, 13th pick that should be added as sweetner in TJ Ford deal at the deadline for a young pf / center who can set picks for Collison and Price in PnR for the future.

  2. #52
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    42-40

  3. #53

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    50-32

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50-32
    wow i will buy u something if we win 50 gms i hope we do
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-21-2010 at 10:26 PM.

  5. #55
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    43-39 and playoffs?

  6. #56
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok my prediction is 25 wins and 57 loses.
    Why would you say we're gonna be worse?

    We're at least better than last season.

  7. #57
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    33 wins

    Its looking like JOB might just allow Josh to grow a little this year and maybe committ overall to a solid youth movement. The team has almost no quality depth, and that's with me putting Tyler in the plus column.

    If he'd done this 2 years ago JOB could have gotten all this development and progression out of the way and been that much further down the road. Back then a win total like this would have been (was) acceptable. Now it's just getting old.

    I'm just hoping that by the end of the year we will feel solid about DC, Rush, George, Danny, Josh, Roy, Tyler and Price.

    Luckily with the Cavs and Pistons it seems like the Pacers might not end up last in the division at least.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you say we're gonna be worse?

    We're at least better than last season.
    No we are not
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-21-2010 at 10:36 PM.

  9. #59
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,348
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    47-35

    7th seed in the playoffs!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  10. #60
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not we are not
    What will it take to get you to believe we'll make it into the playoffs with a good record?

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What will it take to get you to believe we'll make it into the playoffs with a good record?
    a good PF and JOB fired and PG24 starting at the 2
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-21-2010 at 10:40 PM.

  12. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What will it take to get you to believe we'll make it into the playoffs with a good record?
    Another coach, Another Power Forward, Another small guard(not Dunleavy),the bench is not deep enough and the point guard is in his second year.

  13. #63

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    41-41. I'm optimistic because of the following:

    1) The return and potential enhancement of offensive rebounding should translate into more points this year, and at least 3-5 more wins.

    2) I have to believe that Hibbert's hard work pays off. I'm also hopeful that he also doesn't get as many ticky-tack foul calls that throw off the game plan early.

    3) Paul George is already showing signs that he is a very good player.

    4) If Collison plays nearly as well as he did last year for the Hornets, we are on our way. I think he will.

  14. #64
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,818

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Pacers 2010/2011 season prediction ..

    44 Wins
    38 Losses

    But I have a sneaking suspicion we will do slightly better ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 10-21-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  15. #65
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    39-43

  16. #66
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    35-47

  17. #67
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,971

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    39-43

  18. #68
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    35-47.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  19. #69

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    41-41

  20. #70
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    42-40
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  21. #71

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    45 -37

  22. #72
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Like a few years ago... I'm wildly optimistic!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  23. #73

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    Lots more fun.
    37 wins.
    No playoffs.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  24. #74
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    82 and Oh!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  26. #75
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The PD wins and loses predictions?

    But really I am hopeful: 44 - 38.

Similar Threads

  1. What do the final 8 teams have that the Pacers don't
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
  2. Who wins the championship?
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •