Thread: Artest article in Dime magazine

Default Re: Artest article in Dime magazine

I'm proud of Ron for acheiving his goal of being the best defense player in the world. I'm starting to really hope that Donnie and Larry give him one more year before they decide if he is to be traded.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

“It’s funny because me and him are so much alike,” Jermaine O’Neal tells me. “I might be one of the most volatile guys around. But it’s how you target and how you contain the anger. [Ron] has such a burning sensation to be the best. He’s a different guy because he works in excellence. He’s a guy that really believes he should play one way and one way only and that’s hard as hell, out-play the guy that’s playing in front of him not only offensively but stop him on defense. And there’s very few in this league that think that way. So I’m extremely happy to have a guy like him. And I’m happy that he’s just playing the game this year, not letting any extra stuff sidetrack him, and he’s getting all the notice he deserves.”

I hope J.O. meant what he was quoted as saying

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Ron Artest is an extraordinary human being. Quite well-rounded.

I like JO's comment about "he deals in excellence." That rings true. I see Artest at different level--a higher level--than almost the entire league. I'd be interested to hear if he is working hard over the summer. His shot improved a bit last year. If he can get even more consistent from the outside, watch out. He could truly deal in excellence at a level approaching Jordan, IMO. I think he has that kind of potential.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

It'd be nice if Artest could become a slightly better scorer. He averaged 20 when we won, and 14 when we lost, so that tells me a lot of our success hinges on him playing well. If he could develop a good outside/3-point shot, it would help our team tremendously.

[edit=424=1093040958][/edit]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

So you believe that some of your off-court problems as well as your technicals and fines played a part in you not receiving the award in the ’02-‘03 season?

“I think so. But I think they did right by not giving it to me because you don’t really want somebody like that representing the trophy.
    I liked that a lot.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!