Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Paul George

  1. #1

    Default Paul George

    The last three games I've seen, two witnessed personally (Minnesota and New Orleans) and one on TV (Minnesota), have been so much fun to watch. It could be because we've won all three or it could be because our 1st round pick is an animal.

    Now I've obviously seen the box scores of all three of these games, but that doesn't do Paul George justice (nor Tyler Hansbrough, but that's besides the point). This guy battles. He plays aggressive man to man defense. He crashes the glass... not just offensive or defensive, but both. He's an animal. He's always around the ball. Is the ball about to go out of bounds? You'd think so, but then Mr. George comes out of nowhere and gives a hell of an effort to get there. Does he get there? It doesn't matter, because he's trying. He's like Foster, McRoberts, and Hansbrough combined.. but better. Better you say? Yea, I said it. It's tough to describe unless you've actually truly watched a game. He's everywhere. Plus, he's a 6-9 SG/SF who will hit 87% of the open 3's he attempts (which could be alot with Granger, Collison and Hibbert, who will command a double team, on the court at the same time).

    All of this is coming from the biggest Brandon Rush fan on the planet (aside from his family and maybe a few die-hard Kansas Jayhawks fans). Imagine Rush coming off the bench as the 6th man... wow. Collison, George, Granger, Token White Guy, and Hibbert starting... Rush 1st guy off the bench. Yes please. In my opinion (IMO if you will), Rush is Bruce Bowen on steroids. He used to be our best defender until George entered the picture (pretty sure Paul locked down Paul... again, a 6-9 SG/SF locked down Chris ****ing Paul), he'll be coming off the bench guarding whoever they're best player is and hitting open 3's because our team is so deep.

    Anyway, I forget where this was going but the point is simple... Minnesota is pissed they took Wesley "I had maybe 10 good games last year AND I got owned by Gordon Hayward" Johnson over Paul "I'm the best player in the NBA" George. Hell, Minny might be regretting taking Wes over Rolle.

    All of this may sound ludicrous, but please please please please at least do me the favor of actually WATCHING the game when Paul George is in. Just watch him. Now if Paul and Tyler are on the court at the same time, then I understand if your eyes revert to The Handy Man. Regardless, Paul George is everywhere. He's like the nightmare I have every other night about my grandfather spanking me because I helped grandma cross a busy street. I think he did it out of pleasure... not punishment. Watch him... you'll understand.

    Wait, did I leave out how good Hibbert was? Miami who?

    Thank you Larry. I've loved you from day one (probably the only Pacers fan who can truly, truly, truly, say that and not feel guilty about it because I'm definitely not lying) and I will continue to love you if you ever decide to leave... which I pray to you never happens because you're a genius. Can Area55 please join me in a LA-RRY LA-RRY LA-RRY chant? That's all I want. Other than a M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P chant when Granger has 54 25 and 17 in the fourth quarter when we're up by 106. I know we should still be completely silent when our team is shooting FT's but whatever.

    Lance Stephenson = Innocent

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Paul George

    87% from three pointer? Damn
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-21-2010 at 12:21 AM.

  4. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: Paul George

    I can't tell if this is high optimism, or the worst post I've seen in a long time.

    I'm going with the worst post I've seen in a long time.

    "Imagine Rush coming off the bench as the 6th man... wow." <---- If it's the Rush of previous years, then yea..."wow, we're screwed".
    Last edited by Psyren; 10-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't tell if this is high optimism, or the worst post I've seen in a long time.

    I'm going with the worst post I've seen in a long time.
    Yeah I think is one of the worst and not just that but somebody already thanked him

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Paul George

    Only thing I'm gonna mention is that I think Brandon Rush will be much more effective off the bench than as a starter, and I wish we had been able to bring him along more the way it looks like we are going to bring George along. Think Jeff Foster and diminishing returns, cut Brandon's minutes and I think he'll bring the same or better a level of defense along with enough points to justify his being out there.

    Other than that, someone spiked your koolaid.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Paul George

    Now don't dislike the guy because he's a big fan. Everyone could use some optimism like dg17 here. I don't really agree with much of all that he has said (besides the George defense), but there is nothing wrong with this excitement and optimism. Please don't ridicule this person no matter how unrealistic his assesments are, and don't bash him because good chances are that if you do, he may not want to come back here.

    But 87% is a precise number. How did you get that lol?
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 10-21-2010 at 12:53 AM.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,731

    Default Re: Paul George

    Post of the year.

    I actually laughed out loud and I'm not being condescending. Sure it was over the top, but nicely done.

    I will give you a hint about Pacers Digest. This forum is all about convincing everyone that you are the smartest person here, so you should use a thesaurus and have your 8th grade english teacher proofread all of your posts. Bottom line is that if you can't take the time to punctuate properly on a site about a bad NBA basketball team, then your opinion is worthless.

    I will commend you on your closing sentence, it really brought all your ideas together!

    Welcome to the board!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,731

    Default Re: Paul George

    Also, don't be the idiot who welcomes somebody to the board.......somebody who joined close to a year ago.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    I like Paul George, too, my man. With that said.......miiiiiight wanna pump the brakes on that a bit.

  15. #10
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,010
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't tell if this is high optimism, or the worst post I've seen in a long time.

    I'm going with the worst post I've seen in a long time.

    "Imagine Rush coming off the bench as the 6th man... wow." <---- If it's the Rush of previous years, then yea..."wow, we're screwed".
    Yes, yes it is high optimism. Because he must be high.

    I love the enthusiasm though! Go Pacers!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I think is one of the worst and not just that but somebody already thanked him
    Well, the person who thanked him had the pseudo-name of "bender". Nothing personal to the individual who has this handle, but I did find the handle ironic in that it represents a former player that many reacted to the same way that dgranger17 is presently reacting to George. That fact made me start chuckling to myself.

    And, dgranger17, for the record, I am liking George more and more with each passing game, but you lost me at 87%.

  18. #12
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Paul George

    I have every other night about my grandfather spanking me because I helped grandma cross a busy street. I think he did it out of pleasure... not punishment. Watch him... you'll understand.
    I'm sorry.

  19. #13
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Paul George

    lol, "Miami Who?" is offically the new slogan of the 2010-2011 Indiana Pacers.

  20. #14
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    I wish I had 10 more like this guy. Good old-fashioned blind optimism. It's been a while since any of us has had it (and for good reason). I sort of agree with the post... in that I really do think PG can be a special player and eclipse Granger in a few years time. That being said, I've been a Pacers fan for too long to ever again count my chickens before they've hatched.

    Also I second his notion for a LAR-RY LAR_RY! Chant... I like the man a lot too. And it would be pretty funny/cool
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine Rush coming off the bench as the 6th man... wow.
    This really stuck out to me. This has always been Brandon Rush's ideal role. Not so much a 6th man, as they are usually the first guy off the bench who can come in and score some points...not really Rush's strong suit. But as a 7th or 8th man who comes in, plays solid defense, and can camp out in the corner and knock down open threes...he has value. I think that is his NBA future, much like I think McRobert's future is as an 8th or 9th man who can come in and give you a shot of energy and some minutes at either C or PF off the bench.

  23. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    I love it. Damnit this is what this team needs. It has been a long time since I have seen optimism like this. Sure its way over the top and I'm pretty sure he knows it, but I enjoyed reading it.

    And to be fair he said he will hit 87% of OPEN threes, not all threes. Still awful high, but as crazy as all threes.

    Oh and I like the nickname The Handy Man. Hadn't seen that one yet. I need to get league pass, i really want to see Pacers games this year.

  24. #17
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,817

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and I like the nickname The Handy Man. Hadn't seen that one yet.
    LOL , everytime I hear that nickname .. I think of ...
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .






    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,033

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George


  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  28. #19

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4life
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good old-fashioned blind optimism. It's been a while since any of us has had it (and for good reason).
    Actually there seems to be a small but steady stream of good, old-fashioned blind optimism. There was an optimistic poster named ALauranzana three years ago, who later changed his moniker to Duke Dynamite. Then Kemo came along with the same brand of blind optimism. Last year it was Trophy. Heck, I myself started the OFFICIAL Shawne Williams Bandwagon Thread once upon a time.


    But I agree with you -- its more fun to read a post like this than groundless trade rumors or tweets about nothing.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  30. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,131

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    You must have confused Paul George with Josh McRoberts....

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. #21
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,352
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    is cool.

  32. #22
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,430
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    I can't wait for these things to come true!

    It will be extremely entertaining, not only to watch, but to actually play "Pacers Extreme Beatdown" on the gaming platform of your choice! Customize Pacers players (both past and present) and their skill levels in every aspect of game play to your own specifications! Why, the Pacers would likely win 107 games, including preseason and the playoffs! There could even be a "Real" Simulation Mode where the team must run offenses and defenses as they have been under various Pacers coaches past and present while facing injuries and suspensions to players, also, if gamers were to get bored with winning every single game, but what fun would that be...

    Pacers Extreme Beatdown! Do Not Delay, Own It Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  33. #23
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    This post did make me smile in my limited time being on the forum anymore... Yeah, it was over the top optimism, but damn it was a sure change from the biting negativity that this board has delved into for some time...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,352
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This post did make me smile in my limited time being on the forum anymore... Yeah, it was over the top optimism, but damn it was a sure change from the biting negativity that this board has delved into for some time...
    Your mom is negative.

  36. #25
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: Paul George

    Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz131TzNuxy
    by Joel bingham


    Eric P in Naptown:S'up Joel You going to the United Center tomorrow? If So keep an eye on Paul George he is the real deal

    Joel Brigham:
    Good afternoon, HOOPSWORLD Citizens, and welcome to another edition of my weekly chat. We're getting painfully close to the regular season, and I'm having a hayday watching all the rosters get trimmed down and seeing all the preseason highlights on TV. Of course, I'm loving watching the baseball playoffs as well, but this time of year always reminds me that it's time to get back into the game, and that's exactly what I'm gearing up to do.

    Yes, Eric, I'll be at the game tomorrow night, and it's my first one of the season. I honestly can't wait to get back into it because it's already been a few weeks since Media Day and I've got the Jones to see some basketball live. Paul George is definitely one of the guys I'm interested in taking a look at, as is Omer Asik for the Bulls, and of course Darren Collison in a Pacers jersey.

    From what I understand, George could be at the top of the next tier of rooks behind Blake, Cuz, and Wall, but I'll let his play tomorrow night (and the rest of the season) really dictate my long-term feelings for him. For now I just like him as a friend
    I'm actually on the schedule to do a few Indy games, too, so I'm looking forward to that. Gonna be a busy season for me, but I can't wait to get back into it.
    Sittin on top of the world!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 224
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM
  2. Thunderbird's analysis of Paul George
    By Skaut_Ech in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
  3. Chris Paul demands trade
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
  4. Eddie George to star in play
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •