Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Making Progress On Trade For Melo [Could Pacers be a Third Team?]

Default Knicks Making Progress On Trade For Melo [Could Pacers be a Third Team?]

A source told ESPN that in recent days the Knicks have made significant progress putting together an offer that could land Carmelo Anthony in New York.

For two weeks, the Knicks have been working on a deal that would include Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick acquired from a third team. New York is also now more willing to part with Danilo Gallinari.

The source indicated that the Knicks are confident they can use one of their assets -- likely either Randolph or Gallinari -- in a three-team trade that would send a player to Denver whom the Nuggets prefer. This was a recent impediment to completing the deal that the Knicks feel can now be overcome.

The source said that the Bulls remain in the trade discussions surrounding Anthony but Joakim Noah's recent contract extension would preclude his inclusion in Chicago's offer. Anthony is known to have the Knicks and Bulls at the top of his wish list.

The Nets have reportedly faded from their pursuit of Anthony, with New Jersey now disinclined to deal the third overall pick, Derrick Favors.

The Knicks may have to part with an additional asset or two -- such as Toney Douglas -- to obtain the first-round pick that can be packaged to Denver in a trade that sends Anthony to New York.
    By Chris Sheridan
    ESPN.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5705466
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Knicks Making Progress On Trade For Melo [Could Pacers be a Third Team?]

They're looking for a 3rd team to get involved and the Knicks are willing to part with Randolph is it means they will get Melo in return.

I wonder if we could use Rush, Dunleavy (expirer), D. Jones (who played really well in Denver), and/or Solo
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Knicks Making Progress On Trade For Melo [Could Pacers be a Third Team?]

"The Knicks may have to part with an additional asset or two -- such as Toney Douglas -- to obtain the first-round pick that can be packaged to Denver in a trade that sends Anthony to New York."

That makes it sound like Douglas is the piece that will acquire the additional 1st rounder, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not incredibly interested in Randolph unless we have no shot at obtaining Bass or Thompson, both of whom I think are better players. Randolph is one of those guys that seems packed with physical talent and athleticism, but for some reason he seems to be one of those guys that will never "get it" in terms of turning his gifts into a dominant game. He's one of those tricky guys because there's about a 25% chance that he breaks out into something big, but I think Thompson is a lot better, and Bass is marginally better but much safer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Denver already has Billups and Lawson. Douglas would certainly not be traded to Denver. I agree, he is the first round draft pick peice. The Pacers don't need Douglas and trading a first round pick for him is a risk.

Bass has the ability to be a Davis-like player in a smaller package (6'8''). Randolph has proven nothing at this point. I'd rather have Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bass has the ability to be a Davis-like player in a smaller package (6'8''). Randolph has proven nothing at this point. I'd rather have Bass.
    Randolph is definitely a project. Hes raw talent

Is Gallinari of interest for the Pacers? He's offensively really impressive. Not sure he bring anything else though, seems a big detriment defensively. I think we are pretty much over bad defensive PFs, collectively as a group.

I like Randolph. High risk/high reward player who is still a project. I think I'm in the minority, though. He'd drive us crazy, though. I'd love to see him and Roy spend the whole summer pushing each other to get better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Is Gallinari of interest for the Pacers? He's offensively really impressive. Not sure he bring anything else though, seems a big detriment defensively. I think we are pretty much over bad defensive PFs, collectively as a group.
    No way. Hes way too injury prone and we're always pretty stacked at the swingman position

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Gallinari as a shooter-on-a-championship-caliber-team type player. If he's one of your main guys, he's Troy Murphy without the rebounds. He's great in NY because he can space the floor for Stoudamire. I don't think he would work out very well in Indy unless he's traded for Dunleavy and or Posey.

I don't know if the Pacers could get involved in this or not but it would be good to move a couple of guys to get another backup center rather than another shooter like Gallinari.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is about all that makes sense. The Pacers aren't that great of a third team for the Knicks and Nuggets.

Pacers Send
    TJ Ford
    Dahntay Jones
    Solomon Jones
    2011 1st Round Draft Pick (Top 3 Protected)

Pacers Receive
    Anthony Randolph
    Toney Douglas

Denver Nuggets Send
    Carmelo Anthony

Denver Nuggets Receive
    Dahntay Jones
    Eddy Curry (Expiring)
    Danilo Gallinari
    Kelenna Azubuike (Expiring)
    Bill Walker
    Pacers 2011 First Round Pick (Top 3 Protected)

New York Knicks Send
    Eddy Curry
    Azubuike
    Bill Walker
    Anthony Randolph
    Toney Douglas
    Gallinari

Knicks Receive
    Carmelo Anthony
    TJ Ford (Backs up Felton)
    Solomon Jones

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

It may be Detroit. Rip Hamilton and/or Tayshaun Prince would be great fits in Denver. Plus, Denver would get a good first rounder from Detroit. I don't know exactly what Detroit would want though. Stuckey and Greg Monroe seem to be building blocks moving forward.

Possible trade:

DEN gets:

Rip Hamilton
    Kelenna Azuibuke
    Danillo Gallinari
    Detroit 2011 First Rounder

DET gets:

Eddy Curry
    Anthony Randolph
    Wilson Chandler

NY gets:

Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Wilcox

This is about all that makes sense. The Pacers aren't that great of a third team for the Knicks and Nuggets.

Pacers Send
    TJ Ford
    Dahntay Jones
    Solomon Jones
    2011 1st Round Draft Pick (Top 3 Protected)

Pacers Receive
    Anthony Randolph
    Toney Douglas

Denver Nuggets Send
    Carmelo Anthony

Denver Nuggets Receive
    Dahntay Jones
    Eddy Curry (Expiring)
    Danilo Gallinari
    Kelenna Azubuike (Expiring)
    Bill Walker
    Pacers 2011 First Round Pick (Top 3 Protected)

New York Knicks Send
    Eddy Curry
    Azubuike
    Bill Walker
    Anthony Randolph
    Toney Douglas
    Gallinari

Knicks Receive
    Carmelo Anthony
    TJ Ford (Backs up Felton)
    Solomon Jones

No chance in hell the Nuggets do that

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    It may be Detroit. Rip Hamilton and/or Tayshaun Prince would be great fits in Denver. Plus, Denver would get a good first rounder from Detroit. I don't know exactly what Detroit would want though. Stuckey and Greg Monroe seem to be building blocks moving forward.

Possible trade:

DEN gets:

Rip Hamilton
    Kelenna Azuibuke
    Danillo Gallinari
    Detroit 2011 First Rounder

DET gets:

Eddy Curry
    Anthony Randolph
    Wilson Chandler

NY gets:

Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Wilcox

No way Carmelo agrees to play for Detroit. He wouldn't sign an extension or re-sign with them at the end of the year even if they pushed the trade through without his consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    No chance in hell the Nuggets do that
    I don't think they have much choice. If Melo was happy in Denver we wouldn't even be hearing these rumors.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Maybe Nene would be in play for the Pacers in a scenario. I'd have more interest in him than any of the other NY players mentioned.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Banned

Maybe Nene would be in play for the Pacers in a scenario. I'd have more interest in him than any of the other NY players mentioned.
    I would love Nene or Varejao

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    No way Carmelo agrees to play for Detroit. He wouldn't sign an extension or re-sign with them at the end of the year even if they pushed the trade through without his consent.
    You clearly didn't finish reading the post. This thread is about the third team possibly being the Pacers, while I said I think it will be Detroit. Joe Dumars needs to make a splash and improve his front court.

I have no interest in Randolph at all. I want an established player who can help the Pacers at 4 or 5 not some player with "P" that can't help now, or another McBob and Hans type player. I don't see Bird getting involved to help out Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I would love Nene or Varejao
    Varejao is woefully underated to me.

Banned

I know, that is the reason why I want him, he could play power forward and center

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I got to disagree my friend

His contract is about aas Toxic as you can get. He can rebound and plays with energy , and for that to me he is nowhere near 55 Million
    Sittin on top of the world!

Banned

I was playing with the ESPN trade machine and got this trade

Anthony Randolph and Eddie Curry to the Pacers

Mike Dunleavy, S Jones, D Jones and Gallinary to the Nuggets

C Anthony to New York

Why would the pacers do this trade? because they been trying to move S Jones and D Jones and haven't been able to do it and would get the right roster spot to start the season, they would also get to keep an expiring contract in Curry for the trade deadline.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I got to disagree my friend

His contract is about aas Toxic as you can get. He can rebound and plays with energy , and for that to me he is nowhere near 55 Million
    Toxic? the guy is making 7.5 mil a year(Jeff Foster makes 1mill less)