Thread: Which Lottery Team do you think will make it to the Playoffs and which Perennial Playoff Team will drop out?

Sports Logo

Default Which Lottery Team do you think will make it to the Playoffs and which Perennial Playoff Team will drop out?

Okay....prediction time before the start of the season.

Obviously the Pacers are one of those Teams that has always been one of those "Playoff Bubble" Teams.....but of the perennial Lottery Bound teams....which ( if any ) do you think will take the next "leap" forward and make it into the Playoffs?

Teams that I think could have a shot at getting to the Playoffs:

East ( pick 2 of 4 )
    - Pacers ( homer answer, of course )
    - Knicks ( I think that they will somehow swing Carmelo while retaining Amare and Felton )
    - Cavs ( I'm adding them since I think that Byron Scott can make something of them )
    - Wizards ( They don't have that bad of a 8-9 man rotation )

West
    - Rockets ( assuming they are healthy )
    - Suns ( with a Nash/JRich/Grant/Frye/Robin/Goran/Childress/Hedo a Small Ball lineup )

On the flipside, which ( if any ) perennial Playoff Teams do you think will take a "step backward" and drop out of the Playoff hunt?

Teams that I think could drop out of the Playoffs:

East
    - Bobcats ( MJ didn't do them any favors by giving Brown a frontcourt rotation of Diaw/Tyrus/Nazr/Crash while leaving little depth in the backcourt )

West
    - Nuggets ( depending on what they get back for Carmelo )
    - Hornets ( depends on how well Ariza/CP3/Thornton/West/Okafor gel )

Thoughts anyone?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which Lottery Team do you think will make it to the Playoffs and which Perennial Playoff Team will drop out?

Us and the Cavs. But more importantly us
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Mood

Default Re: Which Lottery Team do you think will make it to the Playoffs and which Perennial Playoff Team will drop out?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay....prediction time before the start of the season.

Obviously the Pacers are one of those Teams that has always been one of those "Playoff Bubble" Teams.....but of the perennial Lottery Bound teams....which ( if any ) do you think will take the next "leap" forward and make it into the Playoffs?

Teams that I think could have a shot at getting to the Playoffs:

East ( pick 2 of 4 )
    - Pacers ( homer answer, of course )
    - Knicks ( I think that they will somehow swing Carmelo while retaining Amare and Felton )
    - Cavs ( I'm adding them since I think that Byron Scott can make something of them )
    - Wizards ( They don't have that bad of a 8-9 man rotation )

West
    - Rockets ( assuming they are healthy )
    - Suns ( with a Nash/JRich/Grant/Frye/Robin/Goran/Childress/Hedo a Small Ball lineup )

On the flipside, which ( if any ) perennial Playoff Teams do you think will take a "step backward" and drop out of the Playoff hunt?

Teams that I think could drop out of the Playoffs:

East
    - Bobcats ( MJ didn't do them any favors by giving Brown a frontcourt rotation of Diaw/Tyrus/Nazr/Crash while leaving little depth in the backcourt )

West
    - Nuggets ( depending on what they get back for Carmelo )
    - Hornets ( depends on how well Ariza/CP3/Thornton/West/Okafor gel )

Thoughts anyone?
    The Suns almost won the west last year idk how u call them a pernial lottery team.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-21-2010 at 06:36 PM.

We step up into the eastern playoffs along with NJ or NY who ever gets Melo, if neither get him, then Philly steps up. Taking a step down in the east is the Cavs and Bobcats.

The west is a lot harder. I want to say Houston could make it to the playoffs, but who do they knock off? Maybe Dallas, or Portland.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The Suns almost one the west last year
    I thought that they missed the Playoffs last season?

Regardless....I think that losing Amare will impact their Frontcourt as they are solely dependent on Robin Lopez and Channing Frye as their only real Big Men on the roster. If anything...they are the 2010 version of the 2009-2010 Warriors where they have a million Wing Players and just a few true Big Men on their roster....the difference being ( of course ) that they have one of the best NBA PGs of all time running their team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Regardless....I think that losing Amare will impact their Frontcourt as they are solely dependent on Robin Lopez and Channing Frye as their only real Big Men on the roster. If anything...they are the 2010 version of the 2009-2010 Warriors where they have a million Wing Players and just a few true Big Men on their roster....the difference being ( of course ) that they have one of the best NBA PGs of all time running their team.
    http://www.breathingfire.com/nba/pla...racket2010.php

no they almost won the west bro.

He is picking them to be better than normal which wont be true he said they are a pernial lottery. They almost always make the playoffs. Now they might just barley make the playoffs idk who they are gonna run PnR with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    Us and the Cavs. But more importantly us
    What he said.

The Suns missed the playoffs the previous year 08-09 and the Hornets missed the playoffs last year.