Thread: Favorite Colts Memory

ImReppinBtown

Default Favorite Colts Memory

I kind of stole this idea from the Pacers section but I was wondering what everyones favorite Colts memory was? I can tell you that mine was the Colts/Bucs MNF game. Craziest game I've ever witnessed.acers:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Favorite Colts Memory

bad colt memory but its the most vivid - AFC Champ game vs. Steelers when we still had Captain Comeback. We would have won that superbowl if not for the stupid refs. To this day i still hate Kordell.

Fave was the Colt/buc game like you said. All of my friends had turned it off at half time. nobody believed me.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colts @ Bucs MNF.I stayed up till 12 to watch the whole game.I really think that game got us some well deserved respect.Also my other fav game was the Broncos @ Colts(I was there and that had to have been the loudest the Dome ever was.Another cool thing about that game was I witnessed the Colts first playoff win in Indy)41-10 COLTS!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Mine was Colts @ Bucs MNF game..I was in a Bar full of Bucs fans in tampa bay..So yea I was the only one with a colts jersey..By around the 3rd quarter everyone started talking trash, but I still had faith in the colts..And they ended up coming back for the win...

I got my fair share of trash talk in before I went home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bad colt memory but its the most vivid - AFC Champ game vs. Steelers when we still had Captain Comeback. We would have won that superbowl if not for the stupid refs. To this day i still hate Kordell.
    Hey, I didn't even have to type it! Too bad we didn't win the whole thing though...Darn Cowboys. I love Kordell--

Some of my favorite Colts moments are:
    the kick in the snow in overtime in Denver a couple seasons ago (I think)

2000 : Vandy Beats Buffalo October 1,2000
    Colts 18, Bills 16
    Little would be easy for the Colts all season, and this victory over the Buffalo Bills wasnít, either. The Bills let 9-0 in the first half, and despite two second-half touchdown passes by Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, Buffalo still led late, 16-15. On the gameís final drive, Manning drove the Colts 42 yards on eight plays, a drive that culminated with this 45-yard game-winning field goal as time expired.

2001 : An Early Edge September 9,2001
    Colts 45, Jets 24
    The Colts won a wild season opener, and Colts running back Edgerrin James throughout showed his form from the previous two seasons, when he finished each season as the NFLís rushing leader. James finished the opener with 28 carries for 135 yards, including this 29-yard run in the second quarter that gave the Colts a 10-7 lead.
    (Same game)
    A Record Return September 9,2001
    Colts 45, Jets 24
    The Colts led throughout most of the first three quarters, but despite a huge game offensively, the outcome was far from decided as the clock ticked toward five minutes remaining. The Jets trailed 38-24 and faced 4th-and-1 on the Colts 2 with 5:40 remaining. On the play, Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde fumbled and Colts defensive end Chukie Nwokorie picked the ball out of the air, returning it 95 yards for game-clinching touchdown that set a team record for longest fumble return.

And the Bills butt-whooping a few years ago, with Rob and Doug both playing in the game...I think Rob Johnson had left after getting hurt (again) and the Colts kept sacking whoever the QB was..

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

The kick in the snow was 2 seasons ago.It was awesome it secured a playoff birth I think.But if you think about it all the playoff birth was was a 41-0 stomping by the Jets.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I watched about as much of the Jets 41-0 as I did the MNF Bucs/Colts game...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Hey, I didn't even have to type it! Too bad we didn't win the whole thing though...Darn Cowboys. I love Kordell--
    That Steelers team was one of the best I've ever seen, I still find it amazing that the Colts were able to keep it close. Then stupid O'Donnell just gives the Super Bowl to the Cowboys, with Rod returning from ACL surgery to play in the Super Bowl, the 'hollywood' script was in place.

There were blown calls in both directions, so even if Kordell was out of bounds, it wasn't on fourth down so the Steelers were going to score anyway, and there other calls that were going to balance it out. No big deal.

What a defense. Rod Woodson Greg Lloyd. And Kevin Greene. And Carnell Lake. And Darren Perry. And Chad Brown. Etc...

If I were a Colts fan, my favorite memory would be that game against the Steelers during their first season in Indy, when...

"The Colts stunned the playoff-bound Pittsburgh Steelers in a 17-16 victory on October 21, winning when wide receiver Ray Butler caught a tipped pass from Pagel and ran the final 30 yards for a 54-yard touchdown in the final minute."

That was a heartbreaker.

Thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket, I haven't watched a Colts game, except when they play the Steelers, in almost ten years. Doesn't sound like I've missed much.
    [edit=72=1093322760][/edit]
    [edit=72=1093322899][/edit]
    [edit=72=1093322947][/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The MNF game by far was great. If only it happened in th playoffs.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Fave was the Colt/buc game like you said. All of my friends had turned it off at half time. nobody believed me.
    I completely agree. I thought he had caught that damn ball.

I am a bit surprised nobody has metioned the Halloween night game on MNF (I think 1989) when Eric Dickerson had four TDs and the Colts embarassed the Broncos.

You young pups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section222
    I am a bit surprised nobody has metioned the Halloween night game on MNF (I think 1989) when Eric Dickerson had four TDs and the Colts embarassed the Broncos.

You young pups.
    Only been a fan since about '91.

Mine was the Colts/Bucs game. I made a bet with my trainer ($30) that the colts would win. Being the fool that he is, he took the bet. I stayed up til 1 watching that game jumping around and screaming. I then got yelled at by the parents. The only other time i have had that much of a rush was when reggie hit that 3 in game 1 of the ECF.

Banned

For me it was an off the field memory....

Jim Harbaugh going up to the press box and punching Jim Kelly in the face after Kelly had made some crappy comments about the Colts.

Always loved Jim...

Was it '88 when the Colts were 0-13? Coach Ron Meyer replaced Rod Dowhower (?) but the results appeared to be the same that fateful day when The Good Guys appeared to be about to lose to the Falcons when TATE RANDALL burst through the line of scrimmage to block a punt, which was recovered in the end zone by EUGENE DANIEL for the first win in a year!

I watched every f***ing game that season, and that was the most giddy I've ever been as a Colts fan.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

I believe that was 1987. I remember where I watched that game, with friends from my high school youth group (one of which turned out to be Miss Indiana a couple years later, ) (Actually, it was at her house.) If it were 1988, I would've been in college, not Greenwood.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I can remember obscure details about thousands of sports events I've watched.