Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

  1. #1
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Remember when there was a lot of talk about the Pacers possibly going after Whiteside in the draft? Back then he was a bean pole of a kid that would get knocked around by even average sized PF's.



    Well a lot has changed since the draft apparently...



    The kid looks like he's added at least 20 pounds of muscle. The Kings have a glut of bigs. THAT is exactly who we need to be on the phone with daily, trying to hammer out a deal for a young 4/5.
    Grown Man Ball

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    You know Joel Bingham over at Hoopsworld said he would be the best player picked out of the second round. That he has the skills and if he can get his body right and a little experience , look out
    Sittin on top of the world!

  4. #3
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Considering at one point early in the summer he was considered a lottery pick, I'd say getting him in the 2nd round could turn out to be an absolute pilfer.
    Grown Man Ball

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,645

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Talent was never his issue.

  7. #5
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    The kid looks like he's added at least 20 pounds of muscle. The Kings have a glut of bigs. THAT is exactly who we need to be on the phone with daily, trying to hammer out a deal for a young 4/5.
    We have 2 young 4's and a young 5. What I'd really like to see us get is a veteran C who can give us 15+ mpg while Roy rests. I keep wanting to believe that Foster is that guy, but I really don't know.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    dang...thompson looks somewhat outta shape next to him

  10. #7
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Actually, he was expected to play one more season of college basketball and he was ranked as the future #1 overall pick for next year's draft. Just something to think about I guess is all I'm saying. I didn't really want him that much, though...I'm perfectly fine with Stephenson, George, and Rolle as our draft picks this year.

  11. #8
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    The kid is super long and has nice potential with very good athleticism and is very young and raw.

    I thought he deserved to be picked higher.

  12. #9

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    It'd be nice to have the big men that Sacramento has. I love Roy, but I'd trade all our bigs for theirs pretty quickly.

  13. #10
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Arm muscles mean squat. That's just for guys who want to look pretty. Not be good athletes.

    That's all it looked like to me.

  14. #11
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,013
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Like someone said Talent was never the problem... He is alot older than most rookies, His understanding of the game isn't very high, his footwork needs help, functional strength is/was a factor and he had a few character issues and possibly a learning disability can't remember exactly...

    I wish the best for him... but I guess we will see... I think he really needs a coach that is good with bigs and is also patient at the same time... B

    If he is able to work on all those aspects wow...Him DC, and Evans could have a very nice line up...they would have their frontcourt set for years

  15. #12
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arm muscles mean squat. That's just for guys who want to look pretty. Not be good athletes.

    That's all it looked like to me.
    Agreed. Lower body strength is far more important for NBA big guys.

  16. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    I'd give them Price and a 2nd for Whiteside.

  17. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arm muscles mean squat. That's just for guys who want to look pretty. Not be good athletes.

    That's all it looked like to me.
    You should say that to D Howard or Iguadola or Amare or many other players in the NBA

  18. #15
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should say that to D Howard or Iguadola or Amare or many other players in the NBA
    Those guys aren't JUST arms.

    Look at Whiteside. He's still the same except his arms and chest. He'll still get pushed around just like he would have before. Nothing new.

  19. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those guys aren't JUST arms.

    Look at Whiteside. He's still the same except his arms and chest. He'll still get pushed around just like he would have before. Nothing new.
    You can say the same thing about the guys I just mentioned though, have you seen D Howards legs? there is a reason why he has issues playing againts guys with heavier bottoms(Perkings, Maxiel just to name few)

  20. #17
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,790

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dang...thompson looks somewhat outta shape next to him
    You mean Cousins dont you?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  21. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean Cousins dont you?
    in the video

  22. #19
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    If he did truly add 20 since the draft its because of Juice...

    Thats all i'm saying

  23. #20
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Now dohman, youre the guy that knows your stuff about weight lifting and all that right?

  24. #21
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean Cousins dont you?
    no, thompson

  25. #22
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,183

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    I can't believe he got drafted.

  26. #23
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    I think he's gonna be like DeJuan Blair, a second round steal that was projected to go in the first round.

  27. #24
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe he got drafted.
    What do you mean?

  28. #25
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hassan Whiteside 4 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's gonna be like DeJuan Blair, a second round steal that was projected to go in the first round.
    I disagree. Blair actually produced, highly as a matter of fact, in college against good competition. Whiteside had maturity and attitude issues peppered in with an up and down performance in a crappy conference. If he did add 20 pounds of muscle, good for him, but he's still a big time project.

Similar Threads

  1. Whiteside signs, are Stephenson and Rolle next?
    By pacers74 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
  2. Chad Ford's Mock 5.0 6/16/10
    By Chuck Chillout in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
  3. NBA Image problem - what or who do you blame?
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 11:04 AM
  4. Donaghy sentenced to 15 months in prison in gambling scandal
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 08:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •