Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers' O'Brien picks Rush to fill in for injured Granger (Indystar)

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers' O'Brien picks Rush to fill in for injured Granger (Indystar)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush has just been a huge disappointment and he's already had his time to prove what he can do. I would have started PG.
    What exactly is everyone expecting from Brandon Rush, besides making open shots and playing good defense? I'd love for him to be more aggressive, to be sure. But I really think we'll regret trading him right now.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers' O'Brien picks Rush to fill in for injured Granger (Indystar)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    What exactly is everyone expecting from Brandon Rush, besides making open shots and playing good defense? I'd love for him to be more aggressive, to be sure. But I really think we'll regret trading him right now.
    Nothing, because he just isn't that good. He can defend at an above average pace and can shoot the three, he can't shoot at the rim, he can't do anything else.

While that player may be certainly useful on certain teams, that team is not the Pacers currently.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post

Before, JOB was stating that he could see a 10-man rotation. Although this was a statement included by Wells and not an actual quote from JOB, it would appear that the wing positions are going to primarily involve 3 players.

If we consider the PGs, which appears to eventually be primarily a 2-man rotation between Collison and Price, and also take a look at the front-court where it seems to be migrating to a 3-man rotation of McRoberts, Hansbrough and Hibbert, it seems like the 10-man rotation was quickly shrunk down to an 8-man rotation.
    hmm i have my primary rotation slightly different..

Collison/backup
    Dunleavy/George
    Granger/George
    McRoberts/Tyler/Posey
    Hibbert/Foster

I see that being our 10 man rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    He brought me a Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. I wanted Mint Chocolate.
    Hey Antwan you ever find that guy. Should everybody still be hiding there husbands?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Nothing, because he just isn't that good. He can defend at an above average pace and can shoot the three, he can't shoot at the rim, he can't do anything else.

While that player may be certainly useful on certain teams, that team is not the Pacers currently.
    Maybe we are watching a different Rush, but from what I have seen is a player who is capable of scoring 16+ a night ever night if he was just more assertive. He has the ability to get to and finish at the rim, just for some reason when he gets close to the rim for some reason he pulls up and goes soft. To say he isn't that good is bull****, because the truth is he is, he just doesn't know how to use it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Hey Antwan you ever find that guy. Should everybody still be hiding there husbands?

LMAO!! I got that .. I'm not so sure anyone else did tho .. heh
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    He don't have to come and confess. We looking for him. We gon' find him.

Run and tell that, homeboy.

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post

Hmm, wonder what you'll say about his arsenal after this Timberwolves game? Just a lucky game for him? IMO, his issues have largely been supratentorial and chemical in nature... I think that much is clear to anyone who actually watches him play. He is most certainly not one dimensional as you describe. Are we witnessing a change in his attitude? Man, if today's 1st half is any indication, he's on the road towards a break out, but I'm not going to get my hopes up yet.

I couldn't disagree more with your assessment on him, and have always held out hope that he gets his head in the game.
    Last edited by docpaul; 10-19-2010 at 09:22 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sure, if he turns it around, makes those shots inside, manages to be finisher, and can actually be such a threat when he drives that he'll get foul shots more than once ever two games, then he becomes a much better player.

But this current player we have in Rush? A backup shooting guard in today's NBA.

edit: wrong thread