Thread: Raptors looked good tonight but this game is an example of whats wrong.....

Sports Logo

Default Raptors looked good tonight but this game is an example of whats wrong.....

That game was an example of what is wrong with the NBA right now. The Raptors just got done beating the Magic by 20 points and T-Mac and Carter walked off the court together with Rose and Howard right in fron of them hugging and laughing.

I know T-Mac and Vince are cousines and Jalen and Juwan are old freinds but there was no animosity between any of the players T-Mac was slaping hands with the Raptor players and vice versa.

BTW the Raps are on fire right now they his 11 of 14 three pointers. Now I realize that was against the vaunted D of the Magic but still. As soon as the game was over they were talking about facing the pacers next and how they want to be really up for it. Remember they got a great coach this year too in Kevin O'Neal.l

Default Re: Raptors looked good tonight but this game is an example of whats wrong.....

TMac doesn't have that killer instinct you need to be successful its probably why his team has never won a playoff series. Unfortunately we picked up a couple of players like that on the 76ers this season(*cough, big dog, cough*). Iverson spent 15 minutes after last nights loss describing exactly what your saying and calling out some of his teammates without naming names. TMac doesn't have that same kind of leadership. Theres a small piece of what Iverson said below but he went on for about 15 minutes last night demanding more passion and hustle from teammates.

"I'm waiting for everybody" to get angry, he said. "It's personal pride. It's your ego as a player and as a competitor, and as a person. As a person, you always have to have pride in yourself. You always have to feel like whatever you do in life, you're going to try to do it better than anybody, to the best of your ability.

"It's not being done right now. Honestly, it hurts real bad because I'm not used to this... . It just doesn't seem like we have any sense of urgency. I don't see that dog in us that we've had in previous years. It's frustrating. It's hard to sleep."

Default Re: Raptors looked good tonight but this game is an example of whats wrong.....

I tend to subscribe to the theory, that once the game is over, they can be friends again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I tend to subscribe to the theory, that once the game is over, they can be friends again.
    How much did that cost 'ya?

The Magic night in and night out have the worst defensive effort I've seen in a long time.

If they were to hire, say Jim O'Brien and Dick Harter, I think that with minimal personnel changes they would go from a awful team to a solid (for the East anyway) playoff team.

That is, if the current players can be properly motivated to play defense. I think they could be.

Anyway, here's hoping that they do nothing. One less team to worry about...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exactly. I think that player's today treat basketball for exactly what it is. A business. Once business is over, move on to the personal.

It's a lot like working every day in a corporate environment. Your boss, or those around you make decisions that will totally **** you off. But if you're smart, you put it behind you and enjoy the person's company at lunch or over a beer after work. If you don't and choose to carry it around with you for months, all it does is lead to a poor attitude.... and maybe high blood pressure.

Do your best, and if things don't go your way, vent to a comrade if you have to, then let it go.

I think that's all the players were doing.