Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orlando showcasing Brandon Bass?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Orlando showcasing Brandon Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just trying to show that he problly cant play the center. The previous person said they would like him at the backup center.
    Yeah he wouldn't be able to handle playing center because of his height.

To me it's all about value. I don't care what it does to rotations or anything else. This team needs talent, and as much of it as it can get. Especially up front.

If trading the 2 Jones guys gets us a better player who's on a decent contract that's great. If nothing else it's a good asset to use in a trade. Just because we trade for him now it doesn't suddenly mean he's no longer of use.

I would play Roy and McRoberts at center with Bass and Hansbrough at PF if needed!

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

If we are trading for a big man we need to focus on guys who can play center because backup center is our biggest need.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Maybe the author of the orlandoSentinel has something in mind as to the particular player the Magic wants from the Pacers. Just wild thinking.

I would do the trade just to clear up the roster space needed to sign Magnum Rolle, and use Brandon Bass in a future trade to get rid of TJ Ford.

If Orlando would bite on that deal, I'd make it and try to bring a 3rd team (Clips?) in.

Bass doesn't do us any good here, but he's got to be a more appealing catch than DJones/SJones.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I would do the trade just to clear up the roster space needed to sign Magnum Rolle, and use Brandon Bass in a future trade to get rid of TJ Ford.
    The Pacers have already signed Rolle. They have 16 players under contract, thus the need to move at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    If Orlando would bite on that deal, I'd make it and try to bring a 3rd team (Clips?) in.

Bass doesn't do us any good here, but he's got to be a more appealing catch than DJones/SJones.
    I agree that Bass doesn't do us any good. The three primaries up front are Tyler, Josh and Roy.

If our sole purpose is just to retain Rolle, then we could do that more economically just by waiving SJones.

But I can't see parting with any draft choices just to pick up a back up that will be no better than 4th big. And, with almost certain acquisitions of additional bigs for the 2011/2012 season, I don't think Bass will be any better than 5th or 6th best big.

It is a deal that cuts the roster size to 15, but I sure would hope we could make a deal to get a player that would help us much better than Bass. I just can see us committing $4M to him for this season and the next two.