Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JOB WILL START WHO AT SMALL FORWARD FOR THE REST OF PRESEASON IN PLACE OF GRANGER

Default JOB WILL START WHO AT SMALL FORWARD FOR THE REST OF PRESEASON IN PLACE OF GRANGER

JOB has already alluded to the Indy Press that Dun-Dun, Danny, and George are his best Wing players. Since Granger is out for the rest of the preseason and JOB wants George as his first WING off the bench, who starts at SF? More than likely, JOB will move Dun-Dun to SF and start someone else at SG. Does anyone beg to differ?

I, personally, would like to see Brandon Rush 'start' for the last few preseason games at SG. He needs the 'burn time' to mesh with Collison and he's a much better defender than Dun-Dun (although there's alot of man-love for Dun-Dun on this board). If Rush has improved and/or kept his 'game' at the end of the last season's level, he'd more than likely reclaim his starting gig at SG anyway.

Dun-Dun, in my opinion, is a much better shooter when his legs are not fatigued especially late in games (when he has the tendency to shoot the rock more than warranted and/or his defender will usually lock him down). I'd like to see Dun-Dun well rested in the 4th QTR when we need his outside shooting to help close out games.
    Last edited by TooBigNdaPaint; 10-16-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: JOB WILL START WHO AT SMALL FORWARD FOR THE REST OF PRESEASON IN PLACE OF GRANGER

2much4u

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: JOB WILL START WHO AT SMALL FORWARD FOR THE REST OF PRESEASON IN PLACE OF GRANGER

PAUL GEORGE SHOULD START OVER DANNY GRANGER FOR THE REST OF THE PRESEASON.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes sense to the casual observer but JOB would want to get your players used to the ROLE they will more than likely have when the regular season starts. Since they project Danny to return by the first regular season game, JOB will probably start someone else or just give George more burn time because he needs playing time to get his shot going and get more into the defensive flow of the game. Besides, Pacer fans may just see Indy's future on the court developing before their very eyes.

He's gonna start Posey. Just watch.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's preseason. No excuse to not play George. George has been getting a lot of time when OB said he was playing the guys he planned to go with in the regular season. So why not?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    i will turn the tv off if that happens. Posey is sad

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

George needs all the minutes he can get, and meaningful ones too. How will he get "meaningful" minutes? By starting and also staying in games when they're going down to the wire. That is how you develop your youth faster, but O'Brien hasn't figured that out with anybody during his tenure here.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    i will turn the tv off if that happens. Posey is sad
    He's said he's not starting George. He won't play Rush. And I think after last game Dahntay's earned a permanent seat on the bench. I suppose he could start AJ at the 2, but we've only got 2 point guards healthy. That leaves Posey.

Mood

He's said he's not starting George. He won't play Rush. And I think after last game Dahntay's earned a permanent seat on the bench. I suppose he could start AJ at the 2, but we've only got 2 point guards healthy. That leaves Posey.
    maybe Lance lol j/k JOB would not do that i wish. If Paul doesnt start or play 35mins i will be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    George needs all the minutes he can get, and meaningful ones too. How will he get "meaningful" minutes? By starting and also staying in games when they're going down to the wire. That is how you develop your youth faster, but O'Brien hasn't figured that out with anybody during his tenure here.
    Holy Shxt Batman, you HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD about JOB's total failure to develop his stable of young athletic players. McBob proved last year that he was close to competing for more burn time but JOB just ignored his contributions as he grew accustom to the speed of the game. He's doing the same thing this year with Lance and Magnum by playing Dun-Dun too many damn minutes. Yes, he wants to WIN games but the fan base wants to SEE our future stars developed now!!!! George needs the minutes and it may just CLICK for him one day very soon and then watch out. Same for Lance. This boy is ready to contribute now and will be a beast out there with his physicality. Same with Tyler. You can tell that he's finally getting used to the speed of the game. It's obviously slowing down for him because he's now repeating what he did in college. It can be ugly at times but WINS are always pretty.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Where did the quote about George come from? Just curious.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JOB WILL START WHO AT SMALL FORWARD FOR THE REST OF PRESEASON IN PLACE OF GRANGER

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigNdaPaint View Post
    Holy Shxt Batman, you HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD about JOB's total failure to develop his stable of young athletic players. McBob proved last year that he was close to competing for more burn time but JOB just ignored his contributions as he grew accustom to the speed of the game. He's doing the same thing this year with Lance and Magnum by playing Dun-Dun too many damn minutes. Yes, he wants to WIN games but the fan base wants to SEE our future stars developed now!!!! George needs the minutes and it may just CLICK for him one day very soon and then watch out. Same for Lance. This boy is ready to contribute now and will be a beast out there with his physicality. Same with Tyler. You can tell that he's finally getting used to the speed of the game. It's obviously slowing down for him because he's now repeating what he did in college. It can be ugly at times but WINS are always pretty.
    U hit the nail on the head if Lance doesnt get mintues. Wat was the point of drafting him? He could be a relly nice role player this year but JOB fails in the department. This guy can drop buckets on anyone in the league uggg JOB

I hope it's George. Use this as teaching time for the young guy. I wouldn't bee too upset if he did slide Dun to the 3 and started Rush at the 2. Hard telling though with JOB!
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Where did the quote about George come from? Just curious.
    Mike Wells on twitter

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I want to see a starting 5 of Collison, George, Granger, Tyler/McRob, Hibbert. I can't imagine drafting George at the 10 slot to be a backup SF. That reasoning escapes me. The combination of George/Granger should give the pacers the #1 and 2 scorers. There is no reason given on this board to indicate that George can't play the 2.

I'd like to see a 3-man wing rotation of Dunleavy and George, with Brandon Rush coming off the bench.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'd like to see a 3-man wing rotation of Dunleavy and George, with Brandon Rush coming off the bench.
    me 2 but JOB is so short term minded he isnt going to play B rush

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I want to see a starting 5 of Collison, George, Granger, Tyler/McRob, Hibbert. I can't imagine drafting George at the 10 slot to be a backup SF. That reasoning escapes me. The combination of George/Granger should give the pacers the #1 and 2 scorers. There is no reason given on this board to indicate that George can't play the 2.
    This.

The lineup you describe puts the most talent on the floor and represents at least 4 of the 5 future starters on this team barring a significant trade.

IMO, George simply needs to be on the floor at all times. He may turn out to be both our best defender and best offensive player in a few years. He really does have that much talent...and I don't think he will be allowed to rot on the bench because Pacer ownership knows what they have in this young man. Perhaps the best player in the history of the franchise.

Yes, I'm over-excited about Paul and exaggerating...but that's what my crystal ball shows for him.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This.

The lineup you describe puts the most talent on the floor and represents at least 4 of the 5 future starters on this team barring a significant trade.

IMO, George simply needs to be on the floor at all times. He may turn out to be both our best defender and best offensive player in a few years. He really does have that much talent...and I don't think he will be allowed to rot on the bench because Pacer ownership knows what they have in this young man. Perhaps the best player in the history of the franchise.

Yes, I'm over-excited about Paul and exaggerating...but that's what my crystal ball shows for him.
    agree 1000%

Mood

mike wells

indystar.com

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...-season-opener

Indiana Pacers small forward Danny Granger will be out as long as 10 days with a sprained left ankle. He injured it on a drive to the basket in the first half of Friday's game against New Orleans.

Granger will be back in time for the season opener at San Antonio on Oct. 27 barring any setbacks.

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said he's not sure who will start in Granger's place in the final two preseason games at Minnesota on Tuesday and Chicago on Friday.

Rookie Paul George isn't an option to start because O'Brien wants him to get use to being the first wing player off the bench.

Point guard T.J. Ford should be back in the lineup for the Chicago game. He re-injured his right hamstring in the third quarter against the Hornets.
    It appears as if it will not be George.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

This. You beat me to it that was the first thought that popped into my head. I thought what aging vet could he use to suck up oour young guys' minutes that can hit a 3 pointer and isn't on JOB **** list lately...oh yeah...posey! Pencil it in. I'd almost go as far as that bet jermaniac had a few seasons ago where he said if we lose by less than 19 to the suns he would cut off hiis foot or eat his hat. I think I might be confusing two separate bets though but I'm not quite that sure that JOB won't prove me wrong. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
    Last edited by TheDon; 10-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    me 2 but JOB is so short term minded he isnt going to play B rush
    He's short term minded because he needs to win to keep his job just like everyone else. He has no job security other than this year's paycheck.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if PG24 gets more minutes at the 3 than anyone else, despite not starting. We'll finally know how much JOB hates Rush after this. It will be quite a statement if he gets another DNP.