Thread: Coaching/player props

Default Coaching/player props

I saw a couple things in the Hornets game tonight that I thought were great.

First, the shot selection and offense was much better tonight than it's been in a while. Players were more patient, we were getting the ball inside, and we weren't chucking as many shots early in the shot clock.

Second, we did something tonight I've NEVER seen the Pacers do under Jim O'Brien. We repeatedly exploited mismatches in the low post. Tyler was guarded by Peja Stojakovic. The team did a good job of recognizing the mismatch and fed the ball to Tyler in the post. Shortly after that, NO stuck Joe Alexander on him. Instead of trying something else, we went to Tyler on several straight possessions. Tyler ate him up, enough so that Monty had to then sub in Pops.

It's just one preseason game, but these look like significant events. It looks like Jim and the players are starting to control the action, rather than react to what our opponents are doing. And our offense is looking much better, which is a relief until our defense comes around. Our team deserves props.

*EDIT*-one other thing: Josh McRoberts appears to fully trust Jim about not being judged on shooting. Josh isn't forcing any more three pointers, and the coach is putting him in the post a lot more than he has in the past. Josh is starting to look like the player he can become, which is a great thing. I think Jim deserves some credit on this.
    Last edited by imawhat; 10-16-2010 at 02:54 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Coaching/player props

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw a couple things in the Hornets game tonight that I thought were great.

First, the shot selection and offense was much better tonight than it's been in a while. Players were more patient, we were getting the ball inside, and we weren't chucking as many shots early in the shot clock.

Second, we did something tonight I've NEVER seen the Pacers do under Jim O'Brien. We repeatedly exploited mismatches in the low post. Tyler was guarded by Peja Stojakovic. The team did a good job of recognizing the mismatch and fed the ball to Tyler in the post. Shortly after that, NO stuck Joe Alexander on him. Instead of trying something else, we went to Tyler on several straight possessions. Tyler ate him up, enough so that Monty had to then sub in Pops.

It's just one preseason game, but these look like significant events. It looks like Jim and the players are starting to control the action, rather than react to what our opponents are doing. And our offense is looking much better, which is a relief until our defense comes around. Our team deserves props.
    He abused Joe alexder in the post also lol.