Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92

Thread: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6'8.25 without shoes
    wingspan at 6'11.5

    These are measurements that do not change when players get on the court.
    LOL im pretty sure he where's shoes he isnt Mahatma Gandhi(love mahatma gandhi) lol

  2. #52
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    One theme I've noticed in my short time here is that the "McRoberts fanboys" want Tyler to succeed, while the "Hansbrough fanboys" want Josh to fail.

    Except for Naptown_Seth if Dr. Awesome is correct, but I've seen him say several times already that he wants Hansbrough to succeed as well. I don't have knowledge of how genuine that is.

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see what others see in McBob and I like it. Fantastic passing big man, great court awareness, athleticism and a great motor. Really not much to like...and I saw all of that stuff last year too...if only he had a chance.

    But the dude is irrelevant. No future at all in the NBA.
    and he doent need plays ran for him he scores off fastbreaks an dunks which is really nice. LOVE HIS PASSING. he has a future in the NBA lol he is starting now lol.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-15-2010 at 11:52 PM.

  4. #54
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Pull your head out of your *** man.

    One person said he should play backup Center and everyone pretty much shot that down instantly. Have fun telling anyone who knows anything about basketball that Tyler got pushed around in college. Not that anyone really takes you seriously anyway, but if they did, that comment would certainly lose you any credibility you would have. Even last year NBA players were talking about how much of a psyical presence he was.

    I love how I'm being biased by saying I'd rather see the Duke player start over Hansbrough. Or that I said I would have rather drafted Jrue Holiday over him? Seriously, do you think before you type?

    EDIT: The only player I've ever seen give Tyler a hard time psyically was Trever Booker who's built like a tank.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 10-15-2010 at 11:48 PM.

  5. #55
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We see you trashing a guy who dropped 19 in as many minutes. He may not be an all-star but he deserves a lot more respect than you are giving him.

    Do you really think you're saying anything we have not heard before? As for the Maryland game, we were told to leave the ACC out of this, otherwise the 4 times that he made Josh look like a total scrub might have come up by now.
    I gave him love and even said he had a good game. All I said was can he do that against another teams starters and that I liked Josh's stat line better. Points are not even close to all that matters, some people don't understand that I guess. Josh was not very good in college, not as good or even close to where he was projected but he always had the skill, talent, and athleticism. Glad he's putting it all together finally.

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your point? He is undersized. Josh's wingspan is 7'1. Not sure how tall he is without shoes but that does not matter. Like I said, I watch the games and Tyler doesn't impress me for what his position is. He can score and he works out a lot and has big biceps....So what? He can't hang with McRoberts and that's why he will be on the bench and Josh will start.
    Josh has a .5" standing reach over Tyler. Look, you are entitled to your opinion on quality, effectiveness, etc. But calling a guy who is less than 1" shorter than your guy "short" and saying a guy with a standing each is less than .5" your guy "short armed" is bull****. Tyler doesn't impress you, we got it. Don't go making up **** to support your opinion.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to judicata For This Useful Post:


  8. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One theme I've noticed in my short time here is that the "McRoberts fanboys" want Tyler to succeed, while the "Hansbrough fanboys" want Josh to fail.

    Except for Naptown_Seth if Dr. Awesome is correct, but I've seen him say several times already that he wants Hansbrough to succeed as well. I don't have knowledge of how genuine that is.
    I see a lot of people telling Joshies to pump the brakes because we still don't know what we have. I see a lot of Joshies undermine every accomplishment Tyler has ever had and give the kind of backhanded compliments that you'd expect from your in-laws, not the people who profess to follow your team.

    Maybe we just see what we want to see in order to feel righteous and look sanctimonious .

  9. #58
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pull your head out of your *** man.

    One person said he should play backup Center and everyone pretty much shot that down instantly. Have fun telling anyone who knows anything about basketball that Tyler got pushed around in college. Not that anyone really takes you seriously anyway, but if they did, that comment would certainly lose you any credibility you would have. Even last year NBA players were talking about how much of a psyical presence he was.

    I love how I'm being biased by saying I'd rather see the Duke player start over Hansbrough. Or that I said I would have rather drafted Jrue Holiday over him? Seriously, do you think before you type?

    EDIT: The only player I've ever seen give Tyler a hard time psyically was Trever Booker who's built like a tank.
    Well I guess I'm just not as cool as you. You are better than me, your opinion overrides anyone else's. Get out of here with that bs. And yeah that's what you said now but is that how you really feel? I don't care what you or anyone else here thinks of my opinions on here, I'm not here to make friends.

  10. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh has a .5" standing reach over Tyler. Look, you are entitled to your opinion on quality, effectiveness, etc. But calling a guy who is less than 1" shorter than your guy "short" and saying a guy with a standing each is less than .5" your guy "short armed" is bull****. Tyler doesn't impress you, we got it. Don't go making up **** to support your opinion.
    Both are decent players dont ***** over who do you think is better let them play and time will tell.

  11. #60
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Like I said earlier, I think both guys are fantastic.

    But, I do prefer McBob starting and Tyler coming off the bench. At this point in time, anyway. McBob and Roy seem to have a great chemistry and seem to compliment each other very well. Tyler seems to be a guy that has done very well at the end of quarters.

    Hopefully he can blossom into a player similar to A.D. back in the day. Tremendous 6th man that could come off the bench and provide great toughness, and even help finish out a game if need be.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  13. #61
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yeah that's what you said now but is that how you really feel? I don't care what you or anyone else here thinks of my opinions on here, I'm not here to make friends.
    So let me get this straight - it doesn't matter what I have said on here(I'm sure there is proof of this going back to last years draft if you want to look it up) because you assume I don't mean it?

    What type of logic is that? "I know you said this, but you don't mean it, so I will argue as if you said the opposite!" Are you for serious? Yes, I'm busting out the "for serious".

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  15. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What type of logic is that? "I know you said this, but you don't mean it, so I will argue as if you said the opposite!" Are you for serious? Yes, I'm busting out the "for serious".
    You ask him if he is serious, but I think you actually think that he is indeed serious, therefore I intend to argue that he is not serious.

    He is not serious.

  16. #63
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You ask him if he is serious, but I think you actually think that he is indeed serious, therefore I intend to argue that he is not serious.

    He is not serious.
    You two would make a cute couple.

  17. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You two would make a cute couple.
    This isn't as insulting as you think it is: I'm not a homophobe. Don't push your hangups on me.

    It is mildly insulting because I know that he wants to hang on to Rush, and I don't hold truck with that.

  18. #65
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    I love how this thread was started to get away from the Josh vs. Tyler debate from teh game thread and then turned into an even bigger pissing contest....why can't we just support both guys?

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  20. #66
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how this thread was started to get away from the Josh vs. Tyler debate from teh game thread and then turned into an even bigger pissing contest....why can't we just support both guys?
    I agree, travmil. Lemme ask you a quick question.

    Do both McBob and Psycho T play for the Pacers?

  21. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why can't we just support both guys?
    Most of us do. We just don't support them equally, and it looks like a zero sum game to a lot of people even if it really isn't.

  22. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how this thread was started to get away from the Josh vs. Tyler debate from teh game thread and then turned into an even bigger pissing contest....why can't we just support both guys?
    Yes they are Pacers how bout we like them both. (only 1 exception to this rule Troy last yr)

    They both do very well at what they are told to do and are both work horses

  23. #69
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    It is mildly insulting because I know that he wants to hang on to Rush, and I don't hold truck with that.
    Yea, I'm not sure we could make it past that...but, I'm willing to give it a shot if you are sugarpumpkin.

  24. #70

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    About the big man rotation. Back up center is the problem. It's going to be a huge problem as the season wears on, or if Hibbert gets hurt. What we have now cannot come close to cutting it. Solo is not good enough to be a rotation player. He's just end of the bench insurance at best. Foster doesn't appear to be able to go more than a few minutes without hurting himself now.
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to dlewyus For This Useful Post:


  26. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Let's see: Bruising, foul-drawing machine who hits the offensive glass vs. Above average passer and ball handler for his position? Give me the power forward whose strengths are what you need out of your power forward, not your shooting guard.

  27. #72
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's see: Bruising, foul-drawing machine who hits the offensive glass vs. Above average passer and ball handler for his position? Give me the power forward whose strengths are what you need out of your power forward, not your shooting guard.

    I think you're being very unfair towards Josh.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  29. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by dlewyus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About the big man rotation. Back up center is the problem. It's going to be a huge problem as the season wears on, or if Hibbert gets hurt. What we have now cannot come close to cutting it. Solo is not good enough to be a rotation player. He's just end of the bench insurance at best. Foster doesn't appear to be able to go more than a few minutes without hurting himself now.
    magnum has the size and length just not the weight

  30. #74
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, with the loss of a premiere frontcourt player in Troy Murphy, lots of people were expecting the Pacers to have a gaping hole at the 4. That's not been how it's looked so far. As far as the bigs, we're actually pretty well stocked (even without playing a small lineup of Granger at the 4). On paper, here's the lineup:

    Hibbert - Foster - Solo
    McRoberts - Tyler - Magnum

    Hibbert's the only automatic lock as a starter. Solo and Magnum are projects, but the other three guys could all make a case for themselves as the starter. Josh and Tyler both had fantastic games tonight. So who should start? I figured this thread would be a good place for that discussion.

    I've liked Tyler more than I expected to, and I'm glad that Larry picked him. I still think, though, that his ideal position right now is first big off the bench. McRoberts and Hibbert complement each other well and seem to have good chemistry. Josh seems to be a good glue guy between Granger and Hibbert... he's got enough of an offensive game that other teams can't ignore him (sorry Foster) but he also doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective (sorry Tyler).

    When Tyler has the ball in his hands, though, he can be very effective (especially against a team whose backup is starting and whose benchwarmer is playing backup). His scoring punch and energy seems ideal to come off the bench.

    Foster's still got some in the tank, but at this point in his career I'd prefer to see him used situationally. Maybe 12-15 minutes a game, with the other 84 minutes going to Roy, Josh, and Tyler. Magnum and Solo can stay on the inactive list unless we have an injury.

    Thoughts?
    At this point, I think both Roy and Josh are locks to start. I'm getting comfortable with the idea of Tyler being our long-term backup PF. I think you get more out of him in that role, not less, so why not when you have a guy like Josh who is seemingly thriving in the starting role and he fits well with the other 4 starters.

    Let Josh use his talents with the starters, and let Tyler beat up on backups (which he'll have an easier time doing than he would against NBA starters).

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  32. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Big Man Rotation... what do you like?

    I am happy for both guys, I don't get all the Tyler Vs Josh competition here, they both play for the Pacers and we should hope that both players become part of the future at the PF/C position.

    Regarding who start and who comes of the bench I would think that it would depend of matchups, who is the other team Power Forward? is he an stretch four that Josh can guard better or an interior four that likes contact that Tyler could do better against.

    If both guys succede the Tyler side and the Mcbob side should celebrate because this guys are going to be fun to watch from years to come.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-16-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 02:39 PM
  2. Spot in Rotation for Ford? / Dahntay on block?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
  3. T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page
    By Brad8888 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM
  4. What are playing times and team rotation going to be?
    By FinPacers in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
  5. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •