Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

The funny thing is, Larry Brown decided not to sign him, like everyone else. Larry doesn't have to give an article about how big a shame it is that AI is in Turkey. Offer him a contract Larry! You guys aren't completely set at PG with Augustin and Livingston. Bring AI in! But you won't because you know what he does in a team locker room. And I don't want to hear about how he should be on a veteran team. You have Stephen Jackson on the team, and you made that work! So why not AI? Because he won't take a support role. He still wants to be THE GUY, and you're as convinced as anyone that he can't be that anymore. So, maybe you should have a talk with Iverson about how big a shame it is to be over in Turkey, when he could be in the NBA today, if he'd change his attitude.
    Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 10-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Larry Brown: Allen Iverson Deserves Better Than Finishing Career in Turkey

Originally Posted by pacer4ever
    Thats not funny I go to euro every summer my family over there and other people where deodorant just different places smell different.( i know u are refering to DG33's tweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what the heck you just said.

But it was funny.
    Yes, it was definitely funny.

I think he might be saying that he converts his currency to the Euro every summer, possibly as a gutsy high level foreign currency play that bets on the weakening of the US dollar, so that he can somehow continue to afford to pay proper "homage" to El Pacero, who really likes him for one reason or another...

Also, I think he may be saying that his family (and other people, apparently) have a difficult time finding where their deodorant is, but I could be wrong about that. He also indicates that different locations have different smells, though it is also possible that they keep their deodorant in different places which is why there is confusion as to where it is located.

But, there is always the possibility that there are other hidden meanings as well...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iverson made his own bed, and it's time for him to lie in it.

I'm not sure Larry Brown finish this YEAR in Charlotte with the current roster they have

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure what the heck you just said.

But it was funny.
    what is so hard to understand i go to europe every summer. People where deodorant IDK why you are so ignorant.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Yes, it was definitely funny.

I think he might be saying that he converts his currency to the Euro every summer, possibly as a gutsy high level foreign currency play that bets on the weakening of the US dollar, so that he can somehow continue to afford to pay proper "homage" to El Pacero, who really likes him for one reason or another...

Also, I think he may be saying that his family (and other people, apparently) have a difficult time finding where their deodorant is, but I could be wrong about that. He also indicates that different locations have different smells, though it is also possible that they keep their deodorant in different places which is why there is confusion as to where it is located.

But, there is always the possibility that there are other hidden meanings as well...
    wow u are classless and very ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    wow u are classless and very ignorant
    You could save yourself and all of us a little grief by paying a little more attention to how you construct your posts.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    You could save yourself and all of us a little grief by paying a little more attention to how you construct your posts.
    the post wasn't to hard to understand

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the post wasn't to hard to understand
    I've defended people giving you crap before, but that post was really hard to understand. I seriously could only understand that you went to Europe with your family. Other than that, I had no idea what you were saying, other than it had to do with deodorant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Thats not funny I go to euro every summer. My family over there and other people where deodorant. Just different places smell different.( i know u are refering to DG33's tweet)

is that better

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

what is so hard to understand i go to europe every summer. People where deodorant IDK why you are so ignorant.
    Where is the deodorant?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Where is the deodorant?
    wtf , at my grandma's house in Hungary.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iverson was an embarrassment as a player for me to watch for at least the last 6-8 years of his career (basically everything after and including the "practice" nonsense that offended me as a hardworking high school player at the time) and I'm absolutely delighted that no NBA team will even take a look at him. His high-volume, low-efficiency chucking is a style of play that I absolutely despise and I'm glad that I don't have to watch him destroy teams (most often his own) anymore.

Good riddance. Enjoy the scoring titles and piles of cash.

Spoiler Spoiler:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

pacer4ever, "where" means a location. "wear" means to put something on.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    pacer4ever, "where" means a location. "wear" means to put something on.
    i k but some times if im typeing i get them mixed up. It doesnt make it unreadable if you just look at the context i used.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

i k but some times if im typeing i get them mixed up. It doesnt make it unreadable if you just look at the context i used.
    I'm just telling you what people are responding to in your post.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm just telling you what people are responding to in your post.
    but it was still understandable they dont have to be dicks about it.

Here is a post I made in 2004 that should pretty much tell you my thoughts on the entire situation.

I understand that some of you are fans of his and out of respect for you I have held off posting on this.

But...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=allen+iverson

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    NBA teams will take anyone that can help them win, their quality of person standards aren't known to be high.

What they don't like to do is overspend on troublesome vets who might not have the goods anymore. See the aforementioned Spreewell and how his career ended.
    Yeps. Too much drama for what he'd bring to the table production-wise, even if he'd be playing for the minimum salary.

If there was a team and a roster that could use Iverson it'd be precisely the Bobcats and Brown.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    Yeps. Too much drama for what he'd bring to the table production-wise, even if he'd be playing for the minimum salary.

If there was a team and a roster that could use Iverson it'd be precisely the Bobcats and Brown.
    It still makes it sad

The guy will be remebered more for his "practice" line , unfortuanltely , than for him giving 110% on the court and being one of the toughest SOB under 6 feet to ever play the game
    Sittin on top of the world!