Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 129

Thread: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Brandon, on the other hand, seems to be pretty much the same or only marginally better from what he was when he was drafted. He, as mentioned numerous times on here, is not the emotional player Roy is, nor is he a leader by any means.

    Man, if only Brandon had the mentality of Roy.
    Should be noted that Rush was already 23 years old when drafted. He was an older college wing player. Hibbert was a younger, less physically mature college bigman. It's natural that Hibbert would have more room to improve.

    Now of course Hibbert should be credited for actually taking the initiative to make those improvements, but the points sort of stands: 23 year old college wing players picked in the late lottery pretty much are going to turn out to be what you saw them as in college. Those guys are already close to what they're going to end up as.

    Note that all of Rush's flaws on court that Pacer fans complain about are pretty much what Kansas fans moaned about several years ago.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  3. #52

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where Rush was drafted and who was passed on is irrelevant to the player that Brandon Rush is NOW. A player that is one of the top three point shooters in the league and can defend at a very high level is a valuable player to have coming off your bench no matter what team you are. He's never going to be an aggresive scorer, but a guy who can defend and spot up for three is a valuable asset.

    Rush not living up to draft expectations is a very poor reason to punt a high quality role player that can help you win. Especially when his value is at an all time low and gettting minimal value is a foregone conclusion.
    don't think that's true because all it takes is a little bit of solid scouting to see that brandon has never been there mentally. he's struggled from high school on through college and now in the nba to get it right in his head. so yes, it's very relevant who we passed on to draft this guy imo. we passed on players with far more potential and desire and at a more valuable position of need for a guy with zero desire.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it doesnt prove that you like the guy b/c you have an autographed jersey on your wall... Just sayin...
    Then why the heck do i have one too?! I didn't get it for my health...
    If we trade brandon and someone for help at the 4 or 5... I accept that. Its like the Murphy trade, maybe it hurts us now... but ultimately i think we get better from it.

    I'd love to part with the Jones boys for ANYTHING worth something in the big man dept. but i agree with mellifluous in that if Hibbert goes down at all (HEAVEN, GOD, LORD help us) we'll be screwed
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  6. #54
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    James isnt fast enoght to guard micheal beasley at the 3 what makes you think he can guard Kobe lol
    The sad thing is, O'Brien will put Danny on Kobe. Every night.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can group all the wings into one position if you like, but the fact remains we are still going to need somebody to guard the opposing teams' twos. George might be able to do that, Granger can't or won't, Dunleavy can't, and Jones has fallen so far off JOB's radar that I think we will be seeing him in a suit pretty much every night if he's still on the team come opening night.

    I don't think it's fair to call Brandon Rush an offensive liability while mentioning Jones as a defensive specialist. Rush is a better defender, and is a much better offensive player than Jones. Why wouldn't you want Rush to fill this role instead of Jones? His finishing at the basket has left much to be desired, no doubt, but he's a much better outside shooter than you give him credit for. He's shot a very high percentage from three for the most part.

    He's only 25 years old, I hope we don't cut bait on him just yet. If we were to get something of value back for him in return, that is a different story, but just to trade him to trade him seems like cutting off the nose to spite the face.
    I'll agree to disagree. When Rush can't hit the broad-side of a barn between November and March, I call that a liability.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 10-15-2010 at 01:10 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think D. Jones is a better defender than Rush

    I think we're able to get more back if we package Rush in the trade.
    Im kind of with you on this MillerTime

    DJ has already proven to be an elite defender, if nothing else

    Rush has done nothing but tease me like my prom date in highschool

    Oh they talk a good game, get you real excited only to be let down when the buzzer sounds

    Overall I think B Rush is a better player than DJ but I think DJ is a master of perimeter D, while Brandon is a jack of all trades, good at a lot of things, but not great in anything
    Sittin on top of the world!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Under no circumstances should Posey play any minutes at the 2. Other than being able to hit a 3, he has 0 guard skills. He is not a better shooter than Brandon (who is the 2nd best 3 point shooter on the team behind healthy Dunleavy). Posey's also having trouble guarding 3's so far in the preseason, I don't think we want to see try and guard guys who are even quicker.

    Posey at the 2 is a terrible idea, and I'd venture to guess that he'll play 0 minutes there over the course of the season.

    I'm a Rush fan, but if George is close to equal right now, then we can move Rush as long as we get value in return.

    Rush's situation reminds me a lot of Thabo Sefolosha when he was with the Bulls. He was a very good defender who never put up enough offense to justify his draft slot. The Bulls were patient and ended up getting a late 1st round pick for him. Now he's a starter on a very good team where no one cares that he's not an offensive dynamo.
    I agree it's probably best if James was to play SF and I'd rather us use Paul at SG to backup Mike if Paul is ready to slide over to the 2.

  13. #58
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll agree to disagree. When Rush can't hit the broad-side of a barn between November and March, I call that a liability.
    I think you are exaggerating his shooting struggles a little but that's not the point. The question is, how can you call Rush a liability and at the same time call Jones a defensive specialist?

    Isn't it possible that the best role for Rush is as a defensive specialist, since he's already a better defender than Jones, and is also a better offensive player?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  15. #59
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I dont know how you say someone "struggles" when they shot 41.5% form 3 last year
    Sittin on top of the world!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  17. #60
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are exaggerating his shooting struggles a little but that's not the point. The question is, how can you call Rush a liability and at the same time call Jones a defensive specialist?

    Isn't it possible that the best role for Rush is as a defensive specialist, since he's already a better defender than Jones, and is also a better offensive player?
    Who is better at defense is a matter of perception. I see Dahntay being a better defender than Rush. You see the opposite. I'm calling Rush an offensive liability because we cannot rely on him to finish at the basket or find his jump shot consistently. He is way too passive. I want my starters to excel in all aspects of the game, not just one or two. I like Dahntay coming in towards the end of the game if we need a stop or have the game in reach to win.

    I'm not the only one who has "exaggerated" Rush's offensive struggles.

  18. #61

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    He's a better option, even if it's just a backup 3, than Posey.

  19. #62
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is better at defense is a matter of perception. I see Dahntay being a better defender than Rush. You see the opposite. I'm calling Rush an offensive liability because we cannot rely on him to finish at the basket or find his jump shot consistently. He is way too passive. I want my starters to excel in all aspects of the game, not just one or two. I like Dahntay coming in towards the end of the game if we need a stop or have the game in reach to win.

    I'm not the only one who has "exaggerated" Rush's offensive struggles.
    Duke just curious if you feel the way I do about DJ

    I feel with a different coach, someon like a Skiles, LB, Pop, Sloan, that he would excell and be even more valuable than Rush
    Sittin on top of the world!

  20. #63
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I would much rather keep Dahntay than Brandon mainly for defensive purposes.

    Although Dahntay can't really shoot, he can still score more consistently than Brandon and I find that Dahntay is always on the money defensively whenever he's playing. Plus he's a really tough player who can get to the line and make his free throws.

    We brought him in strictly for defense and Bird even said we have plenty of shooters don't worry about shooting, but the sad thing is JOB won't use Dahntay because he can take 3 pointers mean while every single one of our wing players can, but some can't defend that well.

    So I think we should keep Dahntay out of the 2 for 1 trade and make it Brandon and Solo for 1.

  21. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would much rather keep Dahntay than Brandon for defensive purposes.

    Although Dahntay can't really shoot, he can still score more consistently than Brandon and I find that Dahntay is always on the money defensively whenever he's playing. Plus he's a really tough player who can get to the line and make his free throws.

    We brought him in strictly for defense and Bird even said we have plenty of shooters don't worry about shooting, but the sad thing is JOB won't use Dahntay because he can take 3 pointers mean while every single one of our wing players can, but some can't defend that well.

    So I think we should keep Dahntay out of the 2 for 1 trade and make it Brandon and Solo for 1.
    Brandon is better at D look at the stats

  22. #65
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon is better at D look at the stats
    What stats?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Brandon might be a good defensive specialist, like D.Jones, but they both have offensive issues. Rush is too timid and passes up on open shot and D.jones isn't the greatest shooter and will tend to chuck up a lot of shots.

  25. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What stats?
    i will have to find them they keep stats on everything Brandon was a top 10 player last year on D

  26. #68

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I think Rush is an overall better player than Dahntay. But to be fair to Dahntay in terms of defense last season..he was being asked to guard players quite a bit bigger than himself. Which I'm sure decreased his effectiveness.

  27. #69
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i will have to find them they keep stats on everything Brandon was a top 10 player last year on D
    http://alwaysmillertime.com/2010/07/...sh-an-apology/

    Our Venezuelan friend has already posted them twice in this thread.

  28. #70
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duke just curious if you feel the way I do about DJ

    I feel with a different coach, someon like a Skiles, LB, Pop, Sloan, that he would excell and be even more valuable than Rush
    I am reserving my opinions about the coach. So unfortunately I don't think I can answer your question. Think of it as a 3/4 years resolution.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  30. #71
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I have nothing against Brandon as a guy. He's a cool guy and I have a signed jersey by him framed and he can be a good all around player at times, but it's not all the time or at least close to all the time.

    His shooting form looks good, but I have no clue as to why he doesn't shoot more or why they he can't consistently make them.

  31. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://alwaysmillertime.com/2010/07/...sh-an-apology/

    Our Venezuelan friend has already posted them twice in this thread.
    Don't worry it seems like they don't want to see this because they are afraid of maybe changing their minds.

  32. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have nothing against Brandon as a guy. He's a cool guy and I have a signed jersey by him framed and he can be a good all around player at times, but it's not all the time or at least close to all the time.

    His shooting form looks good, but I have no clue as to why he doesn't shoot more or why they he can't consistently make them.
    Have you ever ask yourself that maybe Brandon is not as agressive in the offensive end because he is expending most of his energy guarding the other team best player? not just that he is also taking pressure of Danny letting him do what he does best and that is score.

  33. #74
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you ever ask yourself that maybe Brandon is not as agressive in the offensive end because he is expending most of his energy guarding the other team best player? not just that he is also taking pressure of Danny letting him do what he does best and that is score.
    I recall O'Brien putting Granger on the best player of the opposing team last season most of the time.

  34. #75
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,305

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I'm so tired of all the Brandon Rush hate on here. I'm far from his biggest supporter, but a lot of you are severely underrating what he does for this team.

    How can a terrible shooter shoot over 40% from three FOR THE SEASON? Talk all you want about him only showing up in April, but the numbers contradict that.

    Dahntay's defense is overrated. Don't confuse being aggressive with good defense. He's good when it comes to pushing around smaller players like Chris Paul, but he gets beat and fouls too often. Rush on the other hand, is much more mechanically sound. You don't notice his defense because it's not in your face aggression. It's simply proper position, hand in the face of the shooter.

    But whatever, I'm just so tired of people not appreciating Rush's game. It's gotten to the point where I hope he does get traded or we don't pick up his option so he can flourish on another team. Not only will people never appreciate it here, which is funny because I thought Indiana knew their basketball, but if he does turn it around, I'd hate to see all the people who wanted him gone all of a sudden jump on the bandwagon. Let him go. Larry Brown or Popovich would love to take him off our hands.

  35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. A Digest Carol Revisited...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
  3. Replies: 234
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •