Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 129

Thread: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    For those that keep saying that Rush is a decent defender read this:

    http://alwaysmillertime.com/2010/07/...sh-an-apology/

  2. #27
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon has all the skill needed to be a stud. Problem is, it's not his skills that need improving, it's his heart. You can't teach aggressiveness and passion. You either have it or you don't, and Brandon definitely doesn't.


    And I'm not bashing on Rush because I don't like him. I have the kid's autographed jersey hanging on my wall at home for Christ's sake. I have just given in to the fact that he's never going to be what he has the potential to be, because he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to make it happen.
    I agree that you cant teach passion and aggression... But I do believe that there are certain events that happen which awaken said attributes inside of a person... Could possibly be this suspension; we could see BRush playing aggressively this season b/c of it...

    And it doesnt prove that you like the guy b/c you have an autographed jersey on your wall... Just sayin...

  3. #28
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Sounds like BRush is taking responsibility for his actions thats good. It also sounds like it's a bruise to his fragile ego, thats bad.

    I mean, honestly, at some point you have to be able to stand up and not be scared of taking control of your own destiny.

    I wouldn't cut him or trade him just to trade him. But I certainly wouldn't pick up his contract. It's an on the court/mental toughness thing at this point, for me.

    Not sure a light bulb ever goes on for him. No thats the wrong way to say it. You aren't going to change his nature at this point, is probably more accurate.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's really been a disappointment and I'd rather us play James at backup SG. He's can defend and can shoot better than Brandon.
    No. Under no circumstances should Posey play any minutes at the 2. Other than being able to hit a 3, he has 0 guard skills. He is not a better shooter than Brandon (who is the 2nd best 3 point shooter on the team behind healthy Dunleavy). Posey's also having trouble guarding 3's so far in the preseason, I don't think we want to see try and guard guys who are even quicker.

    Posey at the 2 is a terrible idea, and I'd venture to guess that he'll play 0 minutes there over the course of the season.

    I'm a Rush fan, but if George is close to equal right now, then we can move Rush as long as we get value in return.

    Rush's situation reminds me a lot of Thabo Sefolosha when he was with the Bulls. He was a very good defender who never put up enough offense to justify his draft slot. The Bulls were patient and ended up getting a late 1st round pick for him. Now he's a starter on a very good team where no one cares that he's not an offensive dynamo.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I should say that I still relish the prospect of seeing a Rush-George-Granger 2/3/4 combo.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  8. #31
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I am.
    Why? You would rather take 10 cents on the dollar than keep a young potentially very good player at a position of extreme need?

    I would need to see some elaboration before I could even consider understanding that.

  9. #32
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that you cant teach passion and aggression... But I do believe that there are certain events that happen which awaken said attributes inside of a person... Could possibly be this suspension; we could see BRush playing aggressively this season b/c of it...

    And it doesnt prove that you like the guy b/c you have an autographed jersey on your wall... Just sayin...
    Why would someone spend $200 on an autographed jersey of a player if they didn't like that player?
    Grown Man Ball

  10. #33
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Also, he's a good defender, not a great defender. He doesn't have the meaness to be a great one. He has the quickness and athleticism, but without the want-to it can't happen. There's no fire in the belly in this one, I fear.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  12. #34
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Last thing for me, I guess I would pick up his option if you consider 2.9 million cheap for what he does bring. It's still a business, if you think he can be a rotation guy for that price, it sounds like a relatively good deal.

  13. #35
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last thing for me, I guess I would pick up his option if you consider 2.9 million cheap for what he does bring. It's still a business, if you think he can be a rotation guy for that price, it sounds like a relatively good deal.
    It's essentially the same salary as Dahntay's. I'd rather pay that for Rush that Dahntay.
    Grown Man Ball

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those that keep saying that Rush is a decent defender read this:

    http://alwaysmillertime.com/2010/07/...sh-an-apology/
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, he's a good defender, not a great defender. He doesn't have the meaness to be a great one. He has the quickness and athleticism, but without the want-to it can't happen. There's no fire in the belly in this one, I fear.
    Read this please and let me know what you think.

  16. #37
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    see: "if that player's value is enough to take the "risk" on"
    Are you implying that the reward outweigh the risks associated with BRush?? I am just curious as to why you think that, yet you would want to trade him?? Just playing devils advocate here, but dont you think that if you are correct, and teams see the rewards outweighing the risk... Then why should we trade him, and be able to benefit from the possible rewards??

  17. #38
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? You would rather take 10 cents on the dollar than keep a young potentially very good player at a position of extreme need?

    I would need to see some elaboration before I could even consider understanding that.
    I don't consider the wing position to be a position of "extreme need". I would go as far as calling the PF position that, but not our wings.

    We have a defensive specialist in Dahntay. We drafted Paul George, who by local reporters have cited him as progressing faster in his development than Danny was in this stage and Mike Dunleavy is healthy and not doing too shabby of a job right now.

    Sure, Brandon has potential, but he also is an offensive liability. He cannot finish at the basket and is way too inconsistent with his jump-shooting. I'm tired of waiting around until April for his shots to fall. By then it's too late.

    How is that for elaboration?

  18. #39
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you implying that the reward outweigh the risks associated with BRush?? I am just curious as to why you think that, yet you would want to trade him?? Just playing devils advocate here, but dont you think that if you are correct, and teams see the rewards outweighing the risk... Then why should we trade him, and be able to benefit from the possible rewards??
    I'm not implying that at all. What I originally said was "Teams don't give a crap that a guy got suspended for 5 games for weed, if that player's value is enough to take the "risk" on. Brandon just hasn't proven himself to hold a lot of value thus far in his career."

    So, IF his value (reward) was high enough, then a team would take a chance and trade for him without any real care about his apparent weed addiction. But I don't feel that his value IS high enough to tempt teams to give up much value for him.
    Grown Man Ball

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  20. #40
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't consider the wing position to be a position of "extreme need". I would go as far as calling the PF position that, but not our wings.

    We have a defensive specialist in Dahntay. We drafted Paul George, who by local reporters have cited him as progressing faster in his development than Danny was in this stage and Mike Dunleavy is healthy and not doing too shabby of a job right now.

    Sure, Brandon has potential, but he also is an offensive liability. He cannot finish at the basket and is way too inconsistent with his jump-shooting. I'm tired of waiting around until April for his shots to fall. By then it's too late.

    How is that for elaboration?
    This, plus, 'potential' means nothing if your mind's not right. I'm not even talking about the suspension, I'm talking completely about on-court application of abilities.

    Tried to find the 'deer in the headlight' image to insert here; couldn't find it, but if I did you'd be pretty much understanding my point in a picture sort of way.......

  21. #41

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's really been a disappointment and I'd rather us play James at backup SG. He's can defend and can shoot better than Brandon.
    Are you saying James-over-the-hill-Posey is a better shooter and defender than Brandon?? I guess we all see the game differently, but I don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  23. #42

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    and the pacers were in perfect position to select my guy jason thompson, or even randolph, speights, hickson, lopez, mcgee etc at that number 11 position. but bird just had to have his man brandon rush...

    i said it then and i'll say it now, the pacers should have never passed on bill walker. he's brandon rush but with better athleticsm and far more desire.
    Last edited by croz24; 10-15-2010 at 11:59 AM.

  24. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying James-over-the-hill-Posey is a better shooter and defender than Brandon?? I guess we all see the game differently, but I don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion.
    James isnt fast enoght to guard micheal beasley at the 3 what makes you think he can guard Kobe lol

  25. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and the pacers were in perfect position to select my guy jason thompson, or even randolph, speights, hickson, lopez, mcgee etc at that number 11 position. but bird just had to have his man brandon rush...
    Brandon is a nice player he is a elite defender in this league

  26. #45
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't consider the wing position to be a position of "extreme need". I would go as far as calling the PF position that, but not our wings.

    We have a defensive specialist in Dahntay. We drafted Paul George, who by local reporters have cited him as progressing faster in his development than Danny was in this stage and Mike Dunleavy is healthy and not doing too shabby of a job right now.

    Sure, Brandon has potential, but he also is an offensive liability. He cannot finish at the basket and is way too inconsistent with his jump-shooting. I'm tired of waiting around until April for his shots to fall. By then it's too late.

    How is that for elaboration?
    You can group all the wings into one position if you like, but the fact remains we are still going to need somebody to guard the opposing teams' twos. George might be able to do that, Granger can't or won't, Dunleavy can't, and Jones has fallen so far off JOB's radar that I think we will be seeing him in a suit pretty much every night if he's still on the team come opening night.

    I don't think it's fair to call Brandon Rush an offensive liability while mentioning Jones as a defensive specialist. Rush is a better defender, and is a much better offensive player than Jones. Why wouldn't you want Rush to fill this role instead of Jones? His finishing at the basket has left much to be desired, no doubt, but he's a much better outside shooter than you give him credit for. He's shot a very high percentage from three for the most part.

    He's only 25 years old, I hope we don't cut bait on him just yet. If we were to get something of value back for him in return, that is a different story, but just to trade him to trade him seems like cutting off the nose to spite the face.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  28. #46

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon is a nice player he is a elite defender in this league
    but supposedly losing his spot in the rotation...given our current power forward situation and the development of the players we passed on, would you say that any of those players i listed could be had for just brandon rush via trade? imo no way would those teams trade their guys for brandon alone...

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  30. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but supposedly losing his spot in the rotation...given our current power forward situation and the development of the players we passed on, would you say that any of those players i listed could be had for just brandon rush via trade? imo no way would those teams trade their guys for brandon alone...
    most teams that win championships have players like B rush

  31. #48
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    most teams that win championships have players like B rush
    Most teams that win championships also have at least 1 superstar player and a 2nd star player, and a great coach, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Pacers passed on a lot of much better players when they got Rush in that draft.
    Grown Man Ball

  32. #49
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    I think the frustrating thing with Brandon is that we have a direct growth comparison on our own team with Roy Hibbert. You look at Roy, and every season we have seen him grow and continue to grow in front of our eyes, both physically, as a leader, as a player, and even as a member of the community. He has become the face of the franchise.

    Brandon, on the other hand, seems to be pretty much the same or only marginally better from what he was when he was drafted. He, as mentioned numerous times on here, is not the emotional player Roy is, nor is he a leader by any means.

    Man, if only Brandon had the mentality of Roy.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  34. #50
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most teams that win championships also have at least 1 superstar player and a 2nd star player, and a great coach, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Pacers passed on a lot of much better players when they got Rush in that draft.
    Where Rush was drafted and who was passed on is irrelevant to the player that Brandon Rush is NOW. A player that is one of the top three point shooters in the league and can defend at a very high level is a valuable player to have coming off your bench no matter what team you are. He's never going to be an aggresive scorer, but a guy who can defend and spot up for three is a valuable asset.

    Rush not living up to draft expectations is a very poor reason to punt a high quality role player that can help you win. Especially when his value is at an all time low and gettting minimal value is a foregone conclusion.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 10-15-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. A Digest Carol Revisited...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
  3. Replies: 234
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •