Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

Default Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

Pacers guard Brandon Rush excelled at the end of last season, but he appears to have found himself out of the team's rotation.

Rush will miss the first five regular-season games because he failed the NBA's mandatory drug test three times.

"It's all on me," he said. "I put myself in this position by messing up."

The third-year player has logged a total of 38 minutes in four preseason games.

He may not play anymore in the preseason because coach Jim O'Brien plans to use rotation players in the final three games.

"There are two issues," O'Brien said. "There would be the issue of where he would be in the rotation if he wasn't suspended. That is an issue separate from the suspension. He has to earn a rotation spot, number one. Number two, clearly he can't be in it the first five games so I'm thinking in terms of obviously other people.

"And depending on how the other people do in the first five games, we'll see how he fits back in."
    By Mike Wells
    Indy Star
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...on-out-of-sync
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Rush Falls Out Of Pacers' Rotation

I think we're better off packaging Rush in those 2 for 1 trade that we want to make.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good. Get rid of him. "False Hope" should be his nickname.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we're better off packaging Rush in those 2 for 1 trade that we want to make.
    Your thinking wrong...

Can we get that two for one on djones and rush instead of soloman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Your thinking wrong...
    what do you mean?

I mean Rush is the best defender this team has. He is the perfect compliment to tge rest of our starters. I get it - he doesnt put up 20 points per game, that doesnt mean that he is a bad player. Defense is important, I dont understand why soooooo many people overlook that.

Trading Rush now woukd be selling low and I think everyobe here knows that. Dont ever sell low.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I mean Rush is the best defender this team has. He is the perfect compliment to tge rest of our starters. I get it - he doesnt put up 20 points per game, that doesnt mean that he is a bad player. Defense is important, I dont understand why soooooo many people overlook that.

Trading Rush now woukd be selling low and I think everyobe here knows that. Dont ever sell low.
    I think D. Jones is a better defender than Rush

I think we're able to get more back if we package Rush in the trade.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

I agree with you that defense is important and trading Rush now probably isn't at the height of his trade value.

However, I think George will be a better defender, a much better and more aggressive offensive player and just a better player overall. I think by next year at this time George and Granger will have the 2 and 3 positions locked up for years to come

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

All I care about is who gives us the best chance to win. It is pretty obvious that if you cant stay on the court due to stupid mistakes then you are not giving your team the best chance to win. he may be the best defender the team has, but how is that going to help us if he gets himself suspended and is not in the game?

I am sure VNZLA will have an opinion on this thread. He is Rush's biggest supporter.
    JOB is a silly man

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

I still like Rush and think he could be a very good contributor to this team. PG and DG might lock up the starting wing spots, but adding Rush to that rotation, that's pretty good.

I think Larry knows that Rush is quite talented but needs to work through some issues and he won't pull the trigger unless an offer that would improve the team came along...
    I don't think those offers are going to come along until Brandon does show that he's worked through the issues.

I could see a team interested in TH and BRush if TH shows he's past the vertigo and the Pacers would want a PF to slide in with Roy, DG, PG, and DC2.

I'm not sure we know what we have with TH yet and would be hesistant to trade him or Rush.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post

I could see a team interested in TH and BRush if TH shows he's past the vertigo and the Pacers would want a PF to slide in with Roy, DG, PG, and DC2.

I'm not sure we know what we have with TH yet and would be hesistant to trade him or Rush.
    I don't see us trading TH unless we were receiving a serviceable PF in return. We don't have enough bodies at that position to really play around with that spot in trade talks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In regards to "selling low" on Rush, it's not like his value is going to go up drastically once he's back on the court. If he has proven anything in his 2 years in the NBA, it's that he can't be depended on to be more than a role player who can occasionally break out for a 20 point game. But more times than not, he's going to give you about 6-10 points and decent defense.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    Can we get that two for one on djones and rush instead of soloman
    Even though I mildly disagree on dealing Rush in the first place; IF he were to be packaged with a Jones, I would prefer it to be the other one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's really been a disappointment and I'd rather us play James at backup SG. He's can defend and can shoot better than Brandon.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I don't see us trading TH unless we were receiving a serviceable PF in return. We don't have enough bodies at that position to really play around with that spot in trade talks.
    Agreed.

But I don't see teams willing to trade really goood, young PFs very often.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    ...If he has proven anything in his 2 years in the NBA...
    So no one can improve after 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    So no one can improve after 2 years?
    Brandon has all the skill needed to be a stud. Problem is, it's not his skills that need improving, it's his heart. You can't teach aggressiveness and passion. You either have it or you don't, and Brandon definitely doesn't.

And I'm not bashing on Rush because I don't like him. I have the kid's autographed jersey hanging on my wall at home for Christ's sake. I have just given in to the fact that he's never going to be what he has the potential to be, because he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to make it happen.
    Last edited by SMosley21; 10-15-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Grown Man Ball

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

In regards to "selling low" on Rush, it's not like his value is going to go up drastically once he's back on the court. If he has proven anything in his 2 years in the NBA, it's that he can't be depended on to be more than a role player who can occasionally break out for a 20 point game. But more times than not, he's going to give you about 6-10 points and decent defense.
    The bolded part of your quote is the most important part. He's only been in the league 2 years!!

I don't think you can expect him to get 20 points every night. That's not the type of player he is, and not the type of player that he needs to be in order to be effective, especially as Collison, Granger, McRoberts, and Hibbert continue to grow offensively. You really undervalue his defense by calling it "decent" in my opinion. He's potentially an elite level defender in the future. He's already shown signs of being able to get there. He shoots the 3 at very high percentage.

He needs to be more aggressive and assertive offensively, I agree, but he is still young and could be an important asset to this team as the other starters get better offensively as well. You can't expect every position to have a 20 point a night guy manning it.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Anyone who watched last season knows Rush is a much better defender than Jones.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Banned

I know I posted this in another thread but I was listening to the DD show on 1070 the fan and he was talking about how some people he knows in the Pacers organization were telling him how impressed they were about Rush this season, (it looks like he was working out with Watson in LA) they told him that he came back bigger and better, that he is more agressive and that he is shooting the ball better.(remember that the drug issue was during the season last year)

Edit: again I don't understand what many of you guys want, Danny needs the ball in his hands, Collison needs the ball in his hands, Roy needs the ball also, how many basketball are you going to play with? you want the guy to be agressive but then you complaing about DJ for been too agressive and become a black hole?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    The bolded part of your quote is the most important part. He's only been in the league 2 years!!

I don't think you can expect him to get 20 points every night. That's not the type of player he is, and not the type of player that he needs to be in order to be effective, especially as Collison, Granger, McRoberts, and Hibbert continue to grow offensively. You really undervalue his defense by calling it "decent" in my opinion. He's potentially an elite level defender in the future. He's already shown signs of being able to get there. He shoots the 3 at very high percentage.

He needs to be more aggressive and assertive offensively, I agree, but he is still young and could be an important asset to this team as the other starters get better offensively as well. You can't expect every position to have a 20 point a night guy manning it.

I'm not saying I WANT the team to trade Rush or that I expect him to drop 20 every night. I'm just saying that the whole theory of "selling low" doesn't make sense to me because he hasn't shown that his high point is that much different than right now. Teams don't give a crap that a guy got suspended for 5 games for weed, if that player's value is enough to take the "risk" on. Brandon just hasn't proven himself to hold a lot of value thus far in his career.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

I'm not saying I WANT the team to trade Rush or that I expect him to drop 20 every night. I'm just saying that the whole theory of "selling low" doesn't make sense to me because he hasn't shown that his high point is that much different than right now. Teams don't give a crap that a guy got suspended for 5 games for weed, if that player's value is enough to take the "risk" on. Brandon just hasn't proven himself to hold a lot of value thus far in his career.
    But I am.

Some dont... Some do... In fact, most do I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    Some dont... Some do... In fact, most do I believe...
    see: "if that player's value is enough to take the "risk" on"
    Grown Man Ball