Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Area 55 Wednesday Night

Default Area 55 Wednesday Night

You guys were outstanding! Well, other than that jerk in the blue (I think) shirt with the pom pom hanging from his hat... what was his deal??? Chanting M-V-P while Danny was shooting free throws? What was that all about? I still can't believe he had the nerve to stand up all game, while yelling as loud as he could.... like that's what Roy got the tickets for. I was under the impression that it should be 55 calm "fans" who just stand up all game and cheer when something good happens.

Also, forget about the Darko Polo chant or the DE-FENSE chant or the fact that a representative wanted to film a 30 second clip with that jerk in the blue (I think) shirt... he was still a jerk. He had no right to be as loud as he possibly could. It's just not right.

Also, his fatheads are lame

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Area 55 Wednesday Night

Couldn't hear you guys as well as on Friday.

Although, I cracked up on the Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right chant. Hilarious.

Rack me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't hear you guys as well as on Friday.

Although, I cracked up on the Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right chant. Hilarious.

Rack me.
    They did it! YES. That's my favorite college chant.

You should be able to be as loud as you want. Wish I could have made it tonight, from the looks of the "first half video" on nba.com it seems like the place was empty. How was the Area55 crowd? How did the chants go? Any good ones? Did we continue to do the 4 syllable clap clap clap clap chant?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought the idea that Roy had was to create a crazy/loud environment. Isn't that what they rewarded in the audition videos? I thought crazy fans was the intent.
    Last edited by focused444; 10-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    I thought the idea that Roy had was to create a crazy/loud environment. Isn't that what they rewarded in the audition videos. I thought crazy fans was the intent.
    Something tells me that dgranger17 is the jerk in blue (i think) shirt. That or he knows him on a personal level.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Something tells me that dgranger17 is the jerk in blue (i think) shirt. That or he knows him on a personal level.
    That crossed my mind as well. If so carry on with your tricky antics dgranger17.

shakes fist...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    You should be able to be as loud as you want. Wish I could have made it tonight, from the looks of the "first half video" on nba.com it seems like the place was empty. How was the Area55 crowd? How did the chants go? Any good ones? Did we continue to do the 4 syllable clap clap clap clap chant?
    2much 4 you was new. Darko "Polo" was good we are getting better but still need work.

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    You guys were outstanding! Well, other than that jerk in the blue (I think) shirt with the pom pom hanging from his hat... what was his deal??? Chanting M-V-P while Danny was shooting free throws? What was that all about? I still can't believe he had the nerve to stand up all game, while yelling as loud as he could.... like that's what Roy got the tickets for. I was under the impression that it should be 55 calm "fans" who just stand up all game and cheer when something good happens.

Also, forget about the Darko Polo chant or the DE-FENSE chant or the fact that a representative wanted to film a 30 second clip with that jerk in the blue (I think) shirt... he was still a jerk. He had no right to be as loud as he possibly could. It's just not right.

Also, his fatheads are lame
    I don't know if the guy in blue is the same guy I'm thinking of, but there's a guy in area 55 that I'm not sure about.

I was at the opening preseason game and I believe he was wearing yellow, and everyone was trying to get away from him. At least that's what it appeared like from my viewpoint.

It was the same guy that was at a home game against the Bulls last year in Feb. I remember b/c we had just gotten back from the Super Bowl in Miami and had Row 1 club level tickets. Well me and my g/f show up and there's 4 guys in our seats. Not a big deal, there were plenty of seats open so we sat in row 3 behind them.

3 of the guys were fine, but one was annoying as h$!!. He wreaked of alcohol and yelled, screamed and dance the entire game just trying to get on the TV/Jumbotron. His friends were totally embarrassed, but put up with him.

I remember him from that night and I know he had on yellow during the Magic games and folks were moving away from him. I saw like the last 6 minutes on TV tonight and they showed him and I think he had something on his head tonight.

I have nothing against the guy, but I think he could tone it down a bit if we're talking about the same guy?

He was the Area 55 guy with his face painted like a basketball. Was there only one of them?

The too much for you chant i thought they were saying We are IU. I was so confused because that would make no sense. My buddy and I got tix to move down to area 55 and for those that wondered about being behind the fat heads.... It sucked. We went back to our normal seats where I can like the fat heads I dig the fat heads, just not being behind them. And it was an excuse to go back to our seats.
    Photobucket
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonnyB83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon7501 View Post
    The too much for you chant i thought they were saying We are IU. I was so confused because that would make no sense. My buddy and I got tix to move down to area 55 and for those that wondered about being behind the fat heads.... It sucked. We went back to our normal seats where I can like the fat heads
    Photobucket
    I see the game perfectly from that pic.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon7501 View Post
    The too much for you chant i thought they were saying We are IU. I was so confused because that would make no sense. My buddy and I got tix to move down to area 55 and for those that wondered about being behind the fat heads.... It sucked. We went back to our normal seats where I can like the fat heads I dig the fat heads, just not being behind them. And it was an excuse to go back to our seats.
    Photobucket
    thats me holding it sorry

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I don't know if the guy in blue is the same guy I'm thinking of, but there's a guy in area 55 that I'm not sure about.

I was at the opening preseason game and I believe he was wearing yellow, and everyone was trying to get away from him. At least that's what it appeared like from my viewpoint.

It was the same guy that was at a home game against the Bulls last year in Feb. I remember b/c we had just gotten back from the Super Bowl in Miami and had Row 1 club level tickets. Well me and my g/f show up and there's 4 guys in our seats. Not a big deal, there were plenty of seats open so we sat in row 3 behind them.

3 of the guys were fine, but one was annoying as h$!!. He wreaked of alcohol and yelled, screamed and dance the entire game just trying to get on the TV/Jumbotron. His friends were totally embarrassed, but put up with him.

I remember him from that night and I know he had on yellow during the Magic games and folks were moving away from him. I saw like the last 6 minutes on TV tonight and they showed him and I think he had something on his head tonight.

I have nothing against the guy, but I think he could tone it down a bit if we're talking about the same guy?

He was the Area 55 guy with his face painted like a basketball. Was there only one of them?
    Yea that guy is embarrasing

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Kick him out. I'll take his spot.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

he kept saying we are weak at cheering. "i am gonna go back to the balcony" lol and every1 was like then go. He had a little bit 2 drink lol

The fat head guys should move to the last row in Area 55, that way they aren't blocking.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I see the game perfectly from that pic.
    Not when the ball was at the other end.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Looks like a sell out or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    The fat head guys should move to the last row in Area 55, that way they aren't blocking.
    Don't hate guy.

he kept saying we are weak at cheering. "i am gonna go back to the balcony" lol and every1 was like then go. He had a little bit 2 drink lol
    From what I remember that guy gave you the fathead that you were holding up all game. And he probably wanted to go back to the balcony because Area 55 is "weak." You were there... Roy has to feel let down. I don't have twitter but if I did I would ask the big fella if it's acceptable to chant "MVP" during Granger's free throws or "A55" during Roy's. Also, I was 2 rows behind this "jerk" and he was the only one yelling all game long... he probably just got sick and tired of everybody else thinking they knew what was best. I didn't have a problem with him nor do I think he was out of line. I just hope he actually comes back and not to the balcony. We need him

It's cool. We easily could have moved over but I think we were just looking for a reason to go back to our seats.
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    From what I remember that guy gave you the fathead that you were holding up all game. And he probably wanted to go back to the balcony because Area 55 is "weak." You were there... Roy has to feel let down. I don't have twitter but if I did I would ask the big fella if it's acceptable to chant "MVP" during Granger's free throws or "A55" during Roy's. Also, I was 2 rows behind this "jerk" and he was the only one yelling all game long... he probably just got sick and tired of everybody else thinking they knew what was best. I didn't have a problem with him nor do I think he was out of line. I just hope he actually comes back and not to the balcony. We need him
    I am the one who said it is ok. I understand that is how it is done in most places. But the other people dont like it for some reason so i quit doing the chant.

Mood

Looks like a sell out or close to it.
    LOL NO NO ONE WAS THERE LOL

I wonder what this is like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ur-Llqmurg

Maybe instead of going to the balcony, that guy should move to Milwaukee and be a Bucks fan. He'd fit right in

All I know is I had fun and Roy liked it!