Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Had hopes, but

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    150

    Default Had hopes, but

    When i see the cleveland cavs beat the same houston team we got blew out by, my hopes began to fade.... no james, and they beat the rockets when we lost.... should we have such high hopes?

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    back to back no yao and it was in cleveland
    nothing to be worried about

  5. #4
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    PRE-SEASON.

  6. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Have you voted in the "not freaking out because it is preseason thread"

    Yeah, the Rockets looked really good against the Pacers. So either the Pacers are beyond terrible, or maybe the Cavs are really good and never needed Lebron in the first place and their owner is correct they will win the championship before the Heat.

    This is so confusing

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2k11 has cavs @ 74, and the pacers @ 67. maybe they know something we dont.
    I never base a team's level off a video game.

  9. #7
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOVE IT!

  12. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2k11 has cavs @ 74, and the pacers @ 67. maybe they know something we dont.
    They play better D

  13. #10
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, GOTTA have this as a smiley.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. #11
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    NO 1 PICK NO 1 PICK NO 1 PICK
    Thank you Jeff.

  15. #12
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Why is it wrong to expect more from the coach, and the team , and to be concerend with their level of play so far, even if it is preseason?

    If I was the coach it would bother me. If practice, yes were talking about practice is important, then why is preseaason not?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  16. #13
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it wrong to expect more from the coach, and the team , and to be concerend with their level of play so far, even if it is preseason?

    If I was the coach it would bother me. If practice, yes were talking about practice is important, then why is preseaason not?
    Nothing wrong with that, but this thread is about "having lost hope" ...after three preseason games.

    This is a new team with a new point guard, lots of players that came back from injury-plagued seasons. Just give 'em some time!
    Thank you Jeff.

  17. #14
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    I still think Cleveland will be a bottom 5 team when the real games start.

  18. #15
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with that, but this thread is about "having lost hope" ...after three preseason games.

    This is a new team with a new point guard, lots of players that came back from injury-plagued seasons. Just give 'em some time!
    Good ppoint

    I don think the sky is falling, in fact, regardless of the coach or even potential record, I amvery excited to watch this year, moreso than any year since 04
    Sittin on top of the world!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    I think JOB is being smart by limiting the starter's minutes.

    It's not a big deal. Maybe Cleveland is using their starters like Houston did.

    Don't judge our entire regular season based on a preseason.

  21. #17
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good ppoint

    I don think the sky is falling, in fact, regardless of the coach or even potential record, I amvery excited to watch this year, moreso than any year since 04
    Agree 100 %. Two more weeks
    Thank you Jeff.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Had hopes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDLOCKHART40 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When i see the cleveland cavs beat the same houston team we got blew out by, my hopes began to fade.... no james, and they beat the rockets when we lost.... should we have such high hopes?
    Yao didnt play it was a back to back watch the game before you say things i watched it clevlend played good. Back to backs are hard on a team early in the season

Similar Threads

  1. Bulls boost playoff hopes with win over Bobcats [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
  2. Granger hopes to play tonight
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
  3. Diaw helps Bobcats keep playoff hopes alive [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
  4. Mavs' Terry hopes to start shooting next week [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •