Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PD Ideas for Area 55

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Default PD Ideas for Area 55

Here is the thread for Area 55 chants and ideas. No idea is a bad one... so I tried to compile every idea so no efforts are wasted. (Not sure if this was a good or bad idea.) If your idea was missed, please add it.

I was thinking you could quote an idea if you liked it, we could thank it, and then maybe realize which are the better ideas. Or if that's dumb we can do whatever.

Please also add new ideas!!!
    Area 55 could use your help.

IndyHoya
    Eye of the Tiger / Eye of a Pacer Song
    I like this chant. Utah State before a game: "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQywmNxCd8E
    And this one from Howard University when someone fouls out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYWm...eature=related
    How about "No touch fouls on Roy! No touch fouls on Roy!" ?
    I also like the "This is our house" chant to sort of set the stage before the game starts and let an opponent know we don't like them on our turf.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6jO...eature=related

Kielbeze
    I was thinking Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55 - You can't drive on 55! lol
    Hoya Saxa / Thunder Struck : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEd9pl4QfQ
    Winning Team / Losing Team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVmA...eature=related

Bender
    Thunder Struck
    Replace the "ahh ahh ahhh" with "rooyyy rooyyy rooyyy"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZKFd29RBk
    (And, replace "Thunder" with "Pacers!" - via Brad8888)

Greenway84
    Boom Baby
    This is pretty funny for someone who fouls out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R29PW8RroM

Kemo
    SITUATION:
    The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..
    Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
    "I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
    or somethin like that...well do the chant to that same style
    THE CHANT:
    "I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."

Speed
    How about on Wednesday, everytime Ridnour or Flynn shoot a free throw you start a chant of "Ric Ky Rubio"
    When Beasley shoots a free throw "no more, pod casts" clap clap clap clap clap.
    Or a sign that says, # of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never. / # of years until David Kahn is fired = 1
    When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).
    For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).
    Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.
    Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)
    Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)
    Jason Kapono: One dimensional
    Spencer Hawes: Career back up

BillS
    Try coming up with some catchphrases for all the players. "Dun Dun!" or similar along with the "hib hib hooROY!:" would be great.

tsm612
    Make a fathead out of this pic for when we play Minnesota. I don't care if they understand it or not. It would make my day. (William Shatner yelling Kahn pic)

pacergod2
    Maybe they could throw up a picture of McBeard with the full beard and give out a bear growl whenever he throws down a nasty dunk. Or possibly start with a picture of regular JMac and then morph it into a picture of him with "The Beard", while playing the noise from Transformers when they morph. Just an idea. You guys could chant from one side... JMAC!!! Then the other side would respond with "The Beard".
    Anytime Hans does something tough, you guys could do the noise from Psycho. (I think it was Psycho with the loud screeches).
    Also, from Roy's Wikipedia site... "Since Roy is an avid Pokémon fan, his teammates would often say, 'Power up, big fella,' to help him play harder." This may be a joke, but it might be hilarious to incorporate into a chant.
    TJ stands for Terrance Jerod.
    Foster and "Eat It" from Weird Al. Hopefully he continues to gobble up rebounds like in the past.
    When I say Magnum, you say PI, Magnum, PI.
    Professional Intimidator.

Diamond Dave
    Also I feel that the whole area should be holding sacks of marbles and begin shaking them whenever Roy decides to softly lay one up instead of throwing it down. For all those who have seen Major League 2.
    Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse. (What about Detroit BasketFAIL? via El Pacero)

El Pacero
    One of my favorites that Prim did was “Puh, Puh, Puh - Puh, Pacers” or something like that.
    He also suggested we turn our backs when the other team was announced. I liked that. Other schools will say “Who Cares?” or similar after each name is called.
    If we’re ever killing another team, I thought it might be funny to chant “Travis Deiner” or “Freddy Hoiberg” - or not.
    Or when the Jumbotron shows us again we could say, “Jumbotron we love you.”
    We need rhythmic clap kinda distraction for free throws and something awesome for when we're on camera!

Random chants I found:
    When opposing team is at free throw line yell “Pass the Ball” and once they shoot it say “You’re so Selfish.”
    Turn it over... *clap* Turn it over... *clap* Turn it over *clap*
    Also when a player on the other team shoots an air ball, everyone will chant "Air ball, Air ball, Air ball" the whole time that particular player gets the ball for the rest of the game.
    When someone fouls out: We chant as the player is walking off the court... "Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right, SIT DOWN." (I think Prim mentioned this, too)
    "You can't guard him. clap clap, clap clap clap" When a player on our team is lighting it up.
    D-D-D-Defense! (claps on each D)
    We picked out the guy who doesn't normally shoot the ball, usually a starter, and everytime he caught the ball, no matter where he was on the floor, the whole student section would yell SHOOT IT!!! but only when he had the ball.
    "hey hey, ho ho, lets take that ball and shove it in"
    "Over-Rated" Chant. If you play someone at home higher ranked and are winning...here comes the chant.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

Default Re: PD Ideas for Area 55

How about when someone hits a theee, we say, "Threeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Or, in honor of Reb Porter, when someone hits a 3, you yell "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMERUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

After a Pacer hits a three, wait for the initial cheering and Grady's call, then as things die down yell BOOM BABY!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

J O B! J O B! J O B!........?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

All no-brainer and classic three point chants, we just need to signal the next one. I'm not above chanting for our coach with "our" nickname.

I've really liked the "I Believe That We Will Win" chant before the game, but thought we could do:

"Pacers know that we will win."

I remember we used to run some "start the buses" chants or the classic "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye"

those were always fun

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Josh-Mc-Rob-erts!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Here are a few chants for teams or players

Miami Heat- Lebron James "Wrong De-cis-ion"

Philadelphia 76ers- Evan Turner "Mis-ses Col-lege"

Minnesota Timberwolves- "One more point guard"

New York Knicks & Cleveland Cavs- "Where's Le-bron?"

New Jersey Nets- "Where's Car-mello?"

New Orleans Hornets- "Dar-ren Collison"

Toronto Raptors- "Where's Chris Bosh?"

Detroit Pistons- "You're no bad boys"

Washington Wizards- Gilbert Arenas "Guns aren't funny"

Charlotte Bobcats- Stephen Jackson "No more Strip Clubs"

San Antonio Spurs- Tony Parker "Where is E-va?"

Denver Nuggets- "Me-lo's leav-ing"

OKC Thunder- "Poor Se-attle"

LA Clippers- "The worse fran-chise"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

I thought the chants for Dwight were funny but I don't know if I would suggest a bunch of derogatory chants for players. We don't want to look like Philly football fans...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

I like the OKC, Denver and Miami ones. We should only do the Miami chant at the end of the gameif we're up.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Told Stacy Paetz about her sexy fathead that we have....she responded, StacyPaetz - saw them... loved them!!! yay, one of me, too! So glad to hear it's a good pic ;-) I don't feel very photogenic. thank u for including me

How about using a fathead of CigarGuy?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AustinWind For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the OKC, Denver and Miami ones. We should only do the Miami chant at the end of the gameif we're up.
    that is a big if lol

Mood

When Minnesota comes to town, there HAS to be a Capt. James T. Kirk Fathead and just one, big, long, loud "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!" chant.

Loy-al-ty chants for Lebron

My feeling is that it has to be something unique to Pacers basketball. It's easy to take something some other team uses and chant it. I want it to be something Indiana Pacers fans are known to chant. Also, i'd love to see more of a college atmosphere as far as chanting. Have chants non stop. Examples...

When on offense.

SCORE THE ROCK SCORE THE ROCK SCORE THE ROCK

or on defense maybe

GET THAT BALL GET THAT BALL GET THAT BALL

both with the 3 beats over the loud speaker.

It's not about what you say or how funny it is. It's about how much you do it and how passionate it is.

Difficult chants dont resonate through out the the arena. Simple but good chants catch on. And the whole arena will be chanting them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

BigJon7501 came up with this on Friday night and I think I heard others saying it afterwards so it must have caught on a little:

Saying "Juuuuuuuuuice!!!" after AJ makes a shot or a great pass like when Reds fans yell "Bruuuuuuuuuce" when Jay Bruce is at the plate.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Josh-Mc-Rob-erts!
    Josh needs a section called the "McBob Squad" or something.

Maybe in your section Duke.

@ Lebron "No third person"

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I don't see a Kaaaaaahn! chant being at all meaningful. It's not like the t'wolves players are going to be bothered because we're making fun of their President of basketball ops.

Would it really bother Pacers enough to affect their game, if we went to some other city and their fans started making fun of David Morway or Larry Bird?
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I don't see a Kaaaaaahn! chant being at all meaningful. It's not like the t'wolves players are going to be bothered because we're making fun of their President of basketball ops.

Would it really bother Pacers enough to affect their game, if we went to some other city and their fans started making fun of David Morway or Larry Bird?
    Agreed. Too obscure. Too "inside basketball"

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's probably just me, but I'd rather see the section focus on cheering FOR the Pacers rather than jeering AGAINST the opponent. Keeping positive fires everyone up, getting negative can too easily devolve into an insult battle and nobody feels good after it.

Non-specific distractions (I very much enjoy the various free-throw dribble counts used by the Drum Corps, for example) are fine. Calling out a specific player, especially for off the court issues, is low class at best and risks firing them up at worst. Remember "Che-ryl, Che-ryl" anyone?

I am a believer in the Woof Gods and the Anvil of Basketball Karma.

Speaking of the Drum Corps, if they are at games this year be sure to coordinate with them on some stuff. They are always involved and rowdy and cool (Nothing against the Pep Band, I think the drummers fall through a loophole in the "distracting music" NBA rule).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I'm getting these all down. Secretary of Chants is setting up a data base of stuff we will consider using at games. I'll pass it on to him for consideration and inclusion.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread. Kudos to everyone. As Kielbeze said, "There are no bad ideas." What seems simple or trite, with some tweaking, could be developed into great cheers or chants.

It seems to me that Area 55 ought to have a couple of goals:

(1) We want to be a catalyst -- We want to do at least some things that will be joined in by the crowd. We need to get the whole arena involved in at least some of our stuff. We need at least some simple cheers that everyone will join in on just to make the place raucous and loud. The idea is make Conseco a "pit' where no one wants to come to play against us.

(2) We want to have some clever, innovative, and funny stuff. Stuff that people will leave the arena grinning about.

(3) We want stuff that fires up our own players. When one of our players gets a hot hand, we want to reinforce the damage, chant his nickname, reward him for what he's doing.

(4) We DO want to get in an opposing player's head! We don't need to be vulgar, profane, or crude. We don't need to be talking about their criminal issues or family life. But if they have some other sort of weakness, well too bad for them. I'm all for exploiting it.

(5) We don't need to ride the referees. But I say no really bad call should go unnoticed. Personally, I hate it when Roy gets benched on touch fouls. When O'Brien gets T-eed for defending his players, we need to join in. When Granger or Dunleavy gets hacked and there's no call, well, I see it as part of our mission to respond and have their back.

(6) At all times we must be squarely behind our Players, our staff, and our management. We should never do anything that could be remotely construed as dissing anyone connected with them.

(7) The way I see it, Hibbert was kind enough to give me a season pass and the least I can do is be there at the games, giving what's happening on the floor my full attention, and doing my best to make him proud of selecting me for the favor. I do nothing to embarass him or the Pacers. I do everything I can to be loud, raucous, and crazy.

Just thinking out loud. But I regard some of the above things as my own personal Area55 Mission Statement.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

I really like everyone falling down when a Pacer makes a three.

Also, for AJ Price, someone shouts

"You wanna know what we say in the club?"

and everyone else says

"AY JAY JAY!"

This is of course like the horrible and popular song a couple years ago "Aybaybay"
    DG for 3