Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McRoberts Out

Default McRoberts Out

Josh did not travel with the team to tonights game. He was injured in the neck
    by an elbow from Dwight Howard.
    The Pacers are going to need a physical enforcer someday to return some of the pain
    to other teams. Roy needs to return some of the pain that Howard puts into him.
    An elbow to the chest once in awhile would not be a bad thing.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Default Re: McRoberts Out

This is not good for Josh. Given the fact that IndyStar (Mike Wells) just devoted his whole game story to Hansborough's return, barely mentioning Collison's 18 points and not even mentioning A.J. Price's contribution, I have to think that OB will show his favorites early on. McRoberts getting hurt relegates him to bench status in the OB system.
    I pray I'm wrong, that it's just one game, but given the coach's history...and Wells' story...Yikes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I like Hans too, so it won't bother me too much.

But Josh was showing something special early on, and this will make it much easier for JOB to remove him from the starting spot.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

There isn't much to this IMO. JOb knows what he has with Josh at this stage and is simply determining the pecking order for the PF position. I expect to see a healthy dose of Rolle and Solo out there in the next game. He may need to give them some burn to see who gets cut. He also wants to give Tyler minutes to get him back in the flow. In any event, I'm not worried about Josh sitting on the bench this season.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There isn't much to this IMO. JOb knows what he has with Josh at this stage and is simply determining the pecking order for the PF position. I expect to see a healthy dose of Rolle and Solo out there in the next game. He may need to give them some burn to see who gets cut. He also wants to give Tyler minutes to get him back in the flow. In any event, I'm not worried about Josh sitting on the bench this season.
    Exactly...... 100% agreed upon.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will say that I think the decision of who should get cut is easy, I think Rolle out played Soloman last night, he jumps out the roof, and he runs the court like a small forward, I also think he is more aggressive down low getting boards and being a defensive presence as Ryan Anderson saw, lol

McBob is not getting benched, JOB would be moronic to make such an adjustment because he got hurt preseason. The energy first unit played with before McBob had to come out was amazing, we were killing the Magic and made Howard almost non-existant out there, only reason they were still in the game was the fact we couldn't close out on the shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    McBob is not getting benched, JOB would be moronic to make such an adjustment because he got hurt preseason
    "This is moronic, therefore JOB wouldn't do it" is not a working syllogism.

Lots of guys lost their starting position last year after an injury. Except Murphy, of course.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post

Lots of guys lost their starting position last year after an injury. Except Murphy, of course.
    IT IS THE PRESEASON

nothing is going to happen to McRoberts starting spot

Name them. We have so much Jim hyperbole right now this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Name them. We have so much Jim hyperbole right now this is ridiculous.
    Well, it wasn't an injury, but TJ replaced Watson after he had to miss two games for personal reasons.

AJ got replaced by TJ, I think, after he had a concussion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Fun with freeze frame.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    IT IS THE PRESEASON

nothing is going to happen to McRoberts starting spot
    I have always liked the hometown kid, but truthfully, He hasn't earned the starting spot yet. We have three positions set pg,sf c. If tyler earns the starting spot no one should be all that surprised. In fact, assuming it is earned, People should be happy to have one of the best college players ever contributing after the many times people here have proclaimed his career over. If Mcroberts backs up Hansbro no one should really have that much to complain about, I do feel like Mcroberts has earned a spot in the rotation.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 10-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Who is this Murphy guy, and why should we care?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

It doesn't surprise me that he didn't travel. After the game he was walking around dazed, and the team left straight from the game to the airport. I'm not sure a flight would've been good for a fresh concussion, but i'm no doctor.
    Last edited by larsondjs; 10-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, Solo and Rolle ..... this is your chance to fight for your roster spot.

LETS GET IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I have always liked the hometown kid, but truthfully, He hasn't earned the starting spot yet. We have three positions set pg,sf c. If tyler earns the starting spot no one should be all that surprised. In fact, assuming it is earned, People should be happy to have one of the best college players ever contributing after the many times people here have proclaimed his career over. If Mcroberts backs up Hansbro no one should really have that much to complain about, I do feel like Mcroberts has earned a spot in the rotation.
    If Tyler earns the starting spot that is fine, but I just have not really seen anything that says Josh is in jeopardy of it anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I would prefer that Tyler overtake Josh, but at this point the job is Josh's to lose. I think the fact he's out is at most a precaution and probably nothing. There's no way the Pacers can put their eggs in the Tyler or Foster baskets due to their injuries. If Foster messes his back up this year, his career might be immediately over. Same with Tyler. One more bang to the head and he might be gone. Solo and Rolle are nowhere near ready. These are the reasons why I expect to see Josh as the listed starter at PF. It's also why we need to work toward getting a better quality PF.

None of the PFs on this team have "earned" anything, especially not in real, meaningful games against starters. Josh's biggest advantage was that he was healthy, and that is now in question.

Its Josh's spot to lose, but I don't think it will take a whole lot for him to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I don't know what it is, but Howard is starting to **** me off with how hard he goes at our guys. He's always hurting our guys. He has no respect for any of our big men. I'm really looking forward to Hansbrough and Hibbert banging with him this year. Hopefully Dwight won't throw any cheap shots. He better be ready, the boys are gonna bring it.

I'm thinking back to the post game after Hibbert manned him up and he said something like "when the big lights come we'll see then." I can't wait to see Hibbert and Hansbrough doubling him with Paul George swinging out to keep Lewis from Hitting the three.

Good things for us this year my friends, good things...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    None of the PFs on this team have "earned" anything, especially not in real, meaningful games against starters. Josh's biggest advantage was that he was healthy, and that is now in question.

Its Josh's spot to lose, but I don't think it will take a whole lot for him to lose it.
    Yes, that's true. While Josh brings needed athleticism and savvy to the floor, Tyler brings force....another thing this team is short on. But the health issue might override everything simply to keep some continuity to the starting lineup. I don't think Foster is going to be the listed starter. I would hesitate to list Tyler but instead use him off the bench. In the end, who starts doesn't matter. Whoever is available to end the game is the important part.

Yes, that's true. While Josh brings needed athleticism and savvy to the floor, Tyler brings force....another thing this team is short on. But the health issue might override everything simply to keep some continuity to the starting lineup. I don't think Foster is going to be the listed starter. I would hesitate to list Tyler but instead use him off the bench. In the end, who starts doesn't matter. Whoever is available to end the game is the important part.
    I find it hard to believe Tyler will be starting as there is nothing to suggest his health problems are completely behind him..His minutes will be purposely limited and perhaps later he will grow into the starting PF.

The point i wanted to make was that if Tyler wins the starting position it is not a demotion for Josh. At this point no one has been named starting PF.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he's okay.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    What is it with Dwight Howard injuring our players??

last year it was Foster.. now it is McRoberts .. I mean WTF?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."