Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thoughts: First home Pre-season game of 2010 [The Front Page]

Post Odd Thoughts: First home Pre-season game of 2010 [The Front Page]

First of all I want to make certain that we all understand that everything I am going to type tonight must be read with the understanding that this was the first home pre-season game of the year. In other words what we saw during the game may or may not be what we see during . . . → Read More: Odd Thoughts: First home Pre-season game of 2010

More...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoboHicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: First home Pre-season game of 2010 [The Front Page]

vince did give us a weird look he stared for about 5 seconds lol. with a puzzled look.

I took that posey was talktive in he huddle which i liked. and that if VC is open he isnt gonna miss much(so how bout we dont let him get wide open looks)
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-09-2010 at 03:15 AM.

you know this might explain why it looked like why Vince was trying tonight.

PROPS to my man TJ soldiering on. he's been great.

I missed the fourth quarter, so kep in mind what I am saying applies to the first thre quarter

I thought Granger's shot selection was beyond bad. I udnerstand he's the best ofensive player we have, but so many times I thought he took bad shots. Won't suggest he was being selfish, but really Dunleavy not getinga shot until the third quarter?

The starting 5 is very interesting. Between Mike, Roy and Josh we have three excellent passers, all who can make the pass that leads to a score. I like the combo of Josh and Roy I think that wil be better than roy and Tyler.

Defense looked OK at best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I missed the fourth quarter, so kep in mind what I am saying applies to the first thre quarter

I thought Granger's shot selection was beyond bad. I udnerstand he's the best ofensive player we have, but so many times I thought he took bad shots. Won't suggest he was being selfish, but really Dunleavy not getinga shot until the third quarter?

The starting 5 is very interesting. Between Mike, Roy and Josh we have three excellent passers, all who can make the pass that leads to a score. I like the combo of Josh and Roy I think that wil be better than roy and Tyler.

Defense looked OK at best.
    So it's improved from last season?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    what I am saying applies to the first thre quarter
    UB, your textspeak is difficult to decipher.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Peck, I appreciate you giving props to Dwight Howard for his interaction with the fans, etc. We get so wrapped up in basketball, we sometimes forget that there is a more important world beyond it. Dwight is doing us all a great service by being a great ambassador for the NBA and basketball at large.

Let's talk about Collison and this thing of "our system isn't designed for point guards to make assists." That's the second or third time I've heard this.

What the freak is that supposed to mean? Aren't all systems supposed to be designed to have the offense take the highest percentage shot possible? Doesn't that almost always come from a pass to the open man? If our system isn't designed to lead to the open man getting the pass, should we not change the system?

I really don't get it. In a similar vein, what I have seen so far does not convince me that Collison will be a good pass-first point guard. He can score, and it's fun to watch him penetrate (thanks Clark), but I am hoping to see more passes leading to an excellent shot, especially since our projected starting five has a bunch of great passers.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anyone else see Paetz interview Dwight after the game, he was great and friendly and then she asked him about what he thought about Roy's improvement, his whole demeanor changed, he lost his positive tone of voice and said something like, "You know, he had an OK game tonight, but when they lights come on, that's what it's really all about, come regular season, then we'll see." And that was it...Is Dwight starting to develop the "Shaq complex" that all other centers must bow before his greatness or is he still bitter from the game where Roy lit him up like a Christmas tree?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Did anyone else see Paetz interview Dwight after the game, he was great and friendly and then she asked him about what he thought about Roy's improvement, his whole demeanor changed, he lost his positive tone of voice and said something like, "You know, he had an OK game tonight, but when they lights come on, that's what it's really all about, come regular season, then we'll see." And that was it...Is Dwight starting to develop the "Shaq complex" that all other centers must bow before his greatness or is he still bitter from the game where Roy lit him up like a Christmas tree?
    Yeah, I saw that.

I think its good. I think Dwight doesn't want to give Roy too many props. Roy's not a youngin needing encouragement anymore. He's arguably a true competitor now.

Also, Dwight is being careful not to throw around accolades. Preseason, whatever. Let's see it when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Yeah, I saw that.

I think its good. I think Dwight doesn't want to give Roy too many props. Roy's not a youngin needing encouragement anymore. He's arguably a true competitor now.

Also, Dwight is being careful not to throw around accolades. Preseason, whatever. Let's see it when it counts.
    I seen that too! I was like Oooh Howard giving Stacy the "eh whatever" when it comes to Hibbert. Might be a bit of a rivalry developing, becuase Roy has been able to get him in Foul Trouble the past few games I believe.

Or maybe it was, well I put my shoulder into him and he fell down. Weightroom!

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

I find myself deflated today. I had higher hopes for the Pacers even at this early stage, and having seen them actually playing, in person, the following stood out for me. I recognize that the game would have been played much differently if it had been a regular season game, possibly resulting in better overall play due to the players playing for longer periods together, but I still thought things would be better than they actually are on the court.

For the first quarter, the ball at least moved sometimes, though not always, and players seemed to move without the ball unless the play was for Roy to shoot his hook shot, and not always very effectively even taking Howard's presence out of the equation.

I don't think I have ever seen Granger look less engaged mentally, and he looks like he has lost a step from a quickness standpoint. If this is what he brought to Team USA, no wonder he did not sniff the floor. He almost seems as if there are major things going on in his personal life at the moment that keep him from being able to concentrate, but who knows? His performance is a huge concern for the success of the franchise, and I also wonder if he is having a difficult time handling the pressure of that aspect of his role with the Pacers.

Otherwise, we saw very specific things being displayed by Jim O'Brien for the home fans.

First, Hibbert got passes down low even against Howard (shouldn't be surprising because Roy did OK against Howard last year, too). What he was able to do with them ranged from OK to "where is the improvement that we have been promised?" or "What Would Walton Do?".

Second, McRoberts was shown to be a high post passer, not a three point chucker, despite not being actually involved in the offense as much as I would have expected for the "best player in camp".

Third, Collison was shown to be a score first, pass second point guard who will probably get time due to being able to finish in traffic where Ford hasn't been able to. Also, yes, Collison plays PnR, but the rest of the team isn't very effective at that yet due to not utilizing it much in the past.

In my very likely lonely opinion, AJ Price should start at the point guard position. He is just better than Collison at this point due to his ability to involve teammates in the offense more than Collison, and overall seems to have a much better feel for the game. I know it won't go that way, but it should in my opinion, despite Collison being the "chosen one" at the point, when I view him basically as TJ Ford + PnR = Collison.

"Born Ready" was not close to ready, other than ready to shoot at any opportunity. Seems a step slow compared to what I expected, but that might be the conditioning gap that has happened that O'Brien referred to as a result of his ongoing off court issues. He also is clueless about anything but scoring in my opinion. But, off the bench, he could put up points in a hurry if that is what is needed against an opponent's second string. Just better hope they don't run right through him and score even more.

Paul George is who Bird said he was, and likely not a contributor for quite a while. He is not ready to play NBA basketball, and it is not surprising that he was second team All-WAC instead of first. I won't mind at all if he sees the same limited minutes that our rookies have in past years, or possibly fewer, because he just isn't aware of his surroundings on the court, especially on offense. He does play some defense, though.

Magnum at least seemed mentally prepared to play basketball even if he overall wasn't terribly effective. He was the second best pf on the floor for the Pacers last night behind McRoberts (I don't count Solomon Jones because I believe the Pacers will buy him out despite his effectiveness in the game last night when the team played a little defense).

Hansbrough did the best he could given the circumstances of not having been on a basketball court playing actual basketball for as long as it has been, but he is a long way from being a contributor except in select second string stints for short periods at a time, but that is to be expected. My guess is that Hansbrough will be brought along quickly and be the starter by Thanksgiving because of Josh not being placed in a position to succeed despite being gushed over by O'Brien in the media so far during the preseason.

The guys did exactly as they were being told to, and hopefully they will improve during the rest of the preseason.

Side note. The officials flexed their muscles with respect to the players not being able to react to questionable calls. Neither technical that was called on the players would have even been a blip on the officials' radar prior to now, and both were completely ridiculous calls. The techs on O'Brien and Van Gundy were both well deserved, and O'Brien actually should get a little extra credit for standing up for his guys in the face of a little questionable officiating and being demonstrative enough with his ball kick that he might end up getting a little extra fine from the league out of the deal. Van Gundy's was pretty laughable with the Magic "clinging" to a 15 point margin that was not being threatened whatsoever in a completely meaningless preseason game for the Magic. The final score was much closer than the game actually was.

Peck, I appreciate you giving props to Dwight Howard for his interaction with the fans, etc. We get so wrapped up in basketball, we sometimes forget that there is a more important world beyond it. Dwight is doing us all a great service by being a great ambassador for the NBA and basketball at large.

Let's talk about Collison and this thing of "our system isn't designed for point guards to make assists." That's the second or third time I've heard this.

What the freak is that supposed to mean? Aren't all systems supposed to be designed to have the offense take the highest percentage shot possible? Doesn't that almost always come from a pass to the open man? If our system isn't designed to lead to the open man getting the pass, should we not change the system?

I really don't get it. In a similar vein, what I have seen so far does not convince me that Collison will be a good pass-first point guard. He can score, and it's fun to watch him penetrate (thanks Clark), but I am hoping to see more passes leading to an excellent shot, especially since our projected starting five has a bunch of great passers.
    Because in this offense, if there's no transition, the ball is taken out of the PGs hands quickly, and everyone shares in the passing to get a good shot. So often times, the next time the PG gets the ball is typically for a shot (or a bail out) Basically, the PG doesn't create much in this offense.

Then you add in the fact that Collison is a score first PG anyway. AND he's on the floor with three fantastic passers (Josh, Dun and Roy) So even if Collison does set Josh up, Josh might pass to someone else for a better shot. And in AJ's case, even if AJ makes a pass to set someone up for a shot, the rest of the bench leaves a lot to be desired in terms of shooting percentage..so the odds of an assist are not good. :P

So I wouldn't judge either's assist numbers because their job in this offense is the same as everyone else's..to move the ball to get a good shot and to score. (Of course, they have the added on "bail out")

Also, I agree completely about Josh. I think without him our offense stalls because he's such a fantastic passer. He also bring a lot of energy (and defense) to the table.

edit: Starting PGs? Well you know I'd like that :P But seriously, a motion offense isn't going to showcase Collison, whereas AJ can fit in any offense you'd like to throw him in. He's also had a year of experience in it. I'm not quite sure which would be the better fit in terms of which one should start v. which one should come off the bench. However, I think when it matters, we'll see both in the game. As both are better scorers than Rush, and better defenders than Dun, and you know how much JOB likes to have an extra small backcourt. :P For right now, I can tell that AJ isn't 100% (He's not able to jump as high, he's a little slower, and he looks like he doesn't have as much stamina), and so it'd just be better to give Collison more minutes. To me though, it's just a matter of who is a better fit with which group. Collison may be a better fit with the starters because Roy, Josh, Dun/Rush (And I hope Rush ends up starting, because I think Dun is better off the bench) are such good starters, that his job there will definitely be to score. But then you could also say that Collison might be better off the bench to provide a scoring punch. Regardless, it's not a bad problem to have. I think you could argue that last night our two point guards were the best two players on the floor, when's the last time that was said?
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

The highest percentage shot possible will likely still come from a pass to the open man, but the one making that pass very well could be someone other than the PG. This is a passing offense, and with two very good passing big men, no less, who will both touch the ball often. Usually because the PG gives them the ball.

If the ball comes back to the PG, it's usually in a position where the PG is primed to either take an open shot or attack the defense himself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The highest percentage shot possible will likely still come from a pass to the open man, but the one making that pass very well could be someone other than the PG. This is a passing offense, and with two very good passing big men, no less, who will both touch the ball often. Usually because the PG gives them the ball.

If the ball comes back to the PG, it's usually in a position where the PG is primed to either take an open shot or attack the defense himself.
    I'm cool with that.

But it seemed to me last night that Collison and A.J. didn't pass much and just went to the hole and their own and tried to finish.

Obviously, could be the yips of preseason. I liked it the few times the ball got to the big men, but it didn't seem often enough to me, and Dun passed it inside as much as the points.

I'm cool with that.

But it seemed to me last night that Collison and A.J. didn't pass much and just went to the hole and their own and tried to finish.

Obviously, could be the yips of preseason. I liked it the few times the ball got to the big men, but it didn't seem often enough to me, and Dun passed it inside as much as the points.
    That's their job though. They do it later in the shot clock to get off a shot. I think JOB wants his PGs to score. I watched Price play for years (obviously :P) and I can say that honestly, whatever he's doing on offense is what the coach wants him to do. Then add in the fact that Collison is doing the exact same thing..

I think there will be more ball movement when the rotation isn't as large, and starters and bench are mixed. However, I still believe we'll see both of them looking to score.

Yeah, I saw that.

It was an interesting shift in Dwight's demeanor. This is what he said about Roy after Roy lit him up in January:

"‎He was just on fire tonight. He had an unbelievable game and I’m proud to see him mature into the player he is. I’m very happy for him.”-Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    It was an interesting shift in Dwight's demeanor. This is what he said about Roy after Roy lit him up in January:
    Dwight is constantly told by some of his vet friends (primariely Kobe) That he's just too nice, and needs to view players, even if you like them, as competition.

Maybe he's just trying to put himself in that mentality and sees Roy as competition (a good thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    I find myself deflated today. I had higher hopes for the Pacers even at this early stage, and having seen them actually playing, in person, the following stood out for me. I recognize that the game would have been played much differently if it had been a regular season game, possibly resulting in better overall play due to the players playing for longer periods together, but I still thought things would be better than they actually are on the court.

For the first quarter, the ball at least moved sometimes, though not always, and players seemed to move without the ball unless the play was for Roy to shoot his hook shot, and not always very effectively even taking Howard's presence out of the equation.

I don't think I have ever seen Granger look less engaged mentally, and he looks like he has lost a step from a quickness standpoint. If this is what he brought to Team USA, no wonder he did not sniff the floor. He almost seems as if there are major things going on in his personal life at the moment that keep him from being able to concentrate, but who knows? His performance is a huge concern for the success of the franchise, and I also wonder if he is having a difficult time handling the pressure of that aspect of his role with the Pacers.

Otherwise, we saw very specific things being displayed by Jim O'Brien for the home fans.

First, Hibbert got passes down low even against Howard (shouldn't be surprising because Roy did OK against Howard last year, too). What he was able to do with them ranged from OK to "where is the improvement that we have been promised?" or "What Would Walton Do?".

Second, McRoberts was shown to be a high post passer, not a three point chucker, despite not being actually involved in the offense as much as I would have expected for the "best player in camp".

Third, Collison was shown to be a score first, pass second point guard who will probably get time due to being able to finish in traffic where Ford hasn't been able to. Also, yes, Collison plays PnR, but the rest of the team isn't very effective at that yet due to not utilizing it much in the past.

In my very likely lonely opinion, AJ Price should start at the point guard position. He is just better than Collison at this point due to his ability to involve teammates in the offense more than Collison, and overall seems to have a much better feel for the game. I know it won't go that way, but it should in my opinion, despite Collison being the "chosen one" at the point, when I view him basically as TJ Ford + PnR = Collison.

"Born Ready" was not close to ready, other than ready to shoot at any opportunity. Seems a step slow compared to what I expected, but that might be the conditioning gap that has happened that O'Brien referred to as a result of his ongoing off court issues. He also is clueless about anything but scoring in my opinion. But, off the bench, he could put up points in a hurry if that is what is needed against an opponent's second string. Just better hope they don't run right through him and score even more.

Paul George is who Bird said he was, and likely not a contributor for quite a while. He is not ready to play NBA basketball, and it is not surprising that he was second team All-WAC instead of first. I won't mind at all if he sees the same limited minutes that our rookies have in past years, or possibly fewer, because he just isn't aware of his surroundings on the court, especially on offense. He does play some defense, though.

Magnum at least seemed mentally prepared to play basketball even if he overall wasn't terribly effective. He was the second best pf on the floor for the Pacers last night behind McRoberts (I don't count Solomon Jones because I believe the Pacers will buy him out despite his effectiveness in the game last night when the team played a little defense).

Hansbrough did the best he could given the circumstances of not having been on a basketball court playing actual basketball for as long as it has been, but he is a long way from being a contributor except in select second string stints for short periods at a time, but that is to be expected. My guess is that Hansbrough will be brought along quickly and be the starter by Thanksgiving because of Josh not being placed in a position to succeed despite being gushed over by O'Brien in the media so far during the preseason.

The guys did exactly as they were being told to, and hopefully they will improve during the rest of the preseason.

Side note. The officials flexed their muscles with respect to the players not being able to react to questionable calls. Neither technical that was called on the players would have even been a blip on the officials' radar prior to now, and both were completely ridiculous calls. The techs on O'Brien and Van Gundy were both well deserved, and O'Brien actually should get a little extra credit for standing up for his guys in the face of a little questionable officiating and being demonstrative enough with his ball kick that he might end up getting a little extra fine from the league out of the deal. Van Gundy's was pretty laughable with the Magic "clinging" to a 15 point margin that was not being threatened whatsoever in a completely meaningless preseason game for the Magic. The final score was much closer than the game actually was.
    alot of words there. We led at half-time. Take away vince getting hot and one giant run and the game would have been very close. You obviously put effort into this so i won't criticize to much, however your being pretty negative and opinionated about the second preseason game.Your seriously ready to start dissing our second year point guard a week into learning the system, and seeing him play once. If you plant a garden you won't get vegetables in a day.

I liked it the few times the ball got to the big men, but it didn't seem often enough to me, and Dun passed it inside as much as the points.
    I have mixed feelings about it. I want Collison and AJ to score. Collison is very efficient and takes good shots. He had a better FG% than every Pacer except Hibbert, McRoberts and Foster. That's pretty remarkable for a point guard (8th in the NBA for PGs).

But it's pretty clear to me that our offense stalled last night when we stopped running the offense through the post.

Our offense stalled in the 3rd quarter. Anyone want to guess how many times we ran our offense through the post in the 3rd quarter?

0!

We had four post touches in the quarter.

1. Hibbert enters the low post late in the clock (10:47 game, :09 shot) with a kickout to Danny.

2. Hibbert receives an entry pass in the low post (8:49 game, :13 shot) and shoots a turnaround (misses).

3. S. Jones pick and roll with Granger (5:39 game, :14 shot). Solo catches the pass and shoots an awkward airball hook shot.

4. Dunleavy flashes into the low post and receives a pass from Hibbert (0:38 game, :14 shot). Dunleavy turns it over trying to pass to a lane-cutting Hibbert.

Orlando's defense was terrific in the quarter, but this is unacceptable IMO. Is anyone really shocked that our offense didn't work? Four post touches?

We spent the quarter running numerous pick and rolls which were defended well by Orlando. A good chunk of them were with Granger as the dribbler as O'Brien tried to get him going. We should've adjusted after pick and roll #5 didn't work, let alone pick and roll #11.

Our first possession in the fourth quarter went into the post and Hansbrough scored. We were also in the post when we made our late run. Part of our success was because Howard was no longer in the game, but part of it is because post offense works.

It's a shame that we have such a talented low post player that's not getting the touches when we need them. It's just one preseason game, but the leopard hasn't changed its spots. We'll see how our offense looks 10-15 games into the season.
    Last edited by imawhat; 10-09-2010 at 03:04 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I think part of the reason for that was no Josh.

But it is something to note that for two games we've had poor third quarters.

I have mixed feelings about it. I want Collison and AJ to score. Collison is very efficient and takes good shots. He had a better FG% than every Pacer except Hibbert, McRoberts and Foster. That's pretty remarkable for a point guard (8th in the NBA for PGs).

But it's pretty clear to me that our offense stalled last night when we stopped running the offense through the post.

Our offense stalled in the 3rd quarter. Anyone want to guess how many times we ran our offense through the post in the 3rd quarter?

0!

We had four post touches in the quarter.

1. Hibbert enters the low post late in the clock (10:47 game, :09 shot) with a kickout to Danny.

2. Hibbert receives an entry pass in the low post (8:49 game, :13 shot) and shoots a turnaround (misses).

3. S. Jones pick and roll with Granger (5:39 game, :14 shot). Solo catches the pass and shoots an awkward airball hook shot.

4. Dunleavy flashes into the low post and receives a pass from Hibbert (0:38 game, :14 shot). Dunleavy turns it over trying to pass to a lane-cutting Hibbert.

Orlando's defense was terrific in the quarter, but this is unacceptable IMO. Is anyone really shocked that our offense didn't work? Four post touches?

We spent the quarter running numerous pick and rolls which were defended well by Orlando. A good chunk of them were with Granger as the dribbler as O'Brien tried to get him going. We should've adjusted after pick and roll #5 didn't work, let alone pick and roll #11.

Our first possession in the fourth quarter went into the post and Hansbrough scored. We were also in the post when we made our late run. Part of our success was because Howard was no longer in the game, but part of it is because post offense works.

It's a shame that we have such a talented low post player that's not getting the touches when we need them. It's just one preseason game, but the leopard hasn't changed its spots. We'll see how our offense looks 10-15 games into the season.
    For those of us who were unable to see the game thanks for pointing this out. I was wondering why Roy didn't take more shots. Touches are very important but I feel Roy will have to take about 15 shots per game to help this team, and most of those shots MUST come in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I think part of the reason for that was no Josh.
    Yes.

The best offensive set we ran last night was with McRoberts at the elbow with Hibbert near the weakside baseline. It created better opportunities than any set we've run in the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    But it is something to note that for three seasons we've had poor third quarters.
    I changed your post because you haven't followed the Pacers for that long. The third quarter has been a problem since O'Brien's been here.

We've typically been a good first half-team. We come out with very good energy and score as teams figure us out. Teams make adjustments at half, our lack of discipline becomes a factor and we get killed in the 3rd quarter. Rinse and repeat. We make it really easy because we're not working the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KennerLeaguer
    Touches are very important but I feel Roy will have to take about 15 shots per game to help this team, and most of those shots MUST come in the paint.
    I don't even think it has to be 15 shots (though there is no reason Roy shouldn't shoot 15/game). If given the opportunity, teams will figure out how good he is in the post and then he'll become a threat. Once that happens, the double teams arrive and the post touches turn into wide open perimeter shots, cuts, and good player movement. We cannot do that with limited touches, especially when the majority of those touches are at the elbow. He can shoot a hook shot over anyone. He should be closer to the basket, IMO.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Also it should be noted for those who were wondering when the starting unit was in together the offense was nowhere near what it has been the previous seasons. There was a lot less emphasis on the perimeter and both Roy & Josh had the ball in their hands several times including several post up attempts for Roy. In fact I had almost forgotten this was an O’Brien coached team after the first quarter as the offense looked nothing like it has recently.
    - Peck

-imawhat

Considering the post play happened in the first quarter, are we going to see more post play if in fact our offense ran smoother?

And if the pick n' roll doesn't work with the ball in Danny's hand, then why can't he be the roller?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Considering the post play happened in the first quarter, are we going to see more post play if in fact our offense ran smoother?
    Let's hope so. It looked really good in the first quarter. Really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    And if the pick n' roll doesn't work with the ball in Danny's hand, then why can't he be the roller?
    He's our best weapon as a roller. As a combination, he can shoot and finish at the rim better than anyone on the team. Still waiting to see Danny as the roller, after three seasons.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

He's our best weapon as a roller. As a combination, he can shoot and finish at the rim better than anyone on the team. Still waiting to see Danny as the roller, after three seasons.
    I can see him as a roller. When the opposition adjusts using him in slips and pops will only get Roy, Josh, and Dunleavy better shots. I really think that Rush's scoring would go up if Danny was in this role. Being a set shooter, Rush would be open after the defense rotates.