Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92

Thread: area 55

  1. #51
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    the entire "argument" was juvenile and unnecessary. The guy wasn't bothering any1, wasn't being loud at all, and was complaining about both teams.

    But a group of 13 guys pestering him (and the alcohol i presume) just pissed him off. But hey, whatever makes u guys feel cool


    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  2. #52
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: area 55

    Only Area 55 members belong in Area 55.

  3. #53

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only Area 55 members belong in Area 55.
    For reals. Or at the very least, Pacers fans. I didn't see the incident, but if this guy wasn't a fan of either team, he still didn't belong.

    I am hoping for a better turnout on Wednesday as well, but if you check out the picture of Area 55 by heywoode, there are actually more than 55 people in the two sections. It looks like we shouldn't be using Section 102 at all.

  4. #54
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    [QUOTE=Robertmto;1072677]the entire "argument" was juvenile and unnecessary. The guy wasn't bothering any1, wasn't being loud at all, and was complaining about both teams.

    But a group of 13 guys pestering him (and the alcohol i presume) just pissed him off. But hey, whatever makes u guys feel cool




    It made me feel awesome! Thats why were in Area 55 because we love the pacers don't sit in area 55 and talk trash and you wont get pestered lol.
    Thats like wiping before you poop! Just does not make sense.

  5. #55
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by zwb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For reals. Or at the very least, Pacers fans. I didn't see the incident, but if this guy wasn't a fan of either team, he still didn't belong.

    I am hoping for a better turnout on Wednesday as well, but if you check out the picture of Area 55 by heywoode, there are actually more than 55 people in the two sections. It looks like we shouldn't be using Section 102 at all.
    I heard word We might be changing our seating situation so we can all be together but just talk right now.

  6. #56

    Default Re: area 55

    Yea not real sure what the deal with that guy was. I just remember all of you turning around and giving him ***** so I decided to chime in...I won't be able to make it Wednesday but kyle will be there and ill be giving my ticket to one of our friends, who will be a diehard pacers fan. All the fatheads will be taken Wednesday.

  7. #57
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,968

    Talking Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    I got an idea for a situational chant..

    SITUATION:

    The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..


    Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
    "I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
    or somethin like that...

    well do the chant to that same style

    THE CHANT:
    "I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."



    that was just an example.. but you get the point ..

    Should come up with some funny ones that will throw their game off .. lol



    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got an idea for a situational chant..

    SITUATION:

    The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..


    Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
    "I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
    or somethin like that...

    well do the chant to that same style

    THE CHANT:
    "I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."



    that was just an example.. but you get the point ..

    Should come up with some funny ones that will throw their game off .. lol



    .
    We cant use names lol thats what the people told us from the pacers. maybe nicknames lol or maybe they wont care and will let us use the players namelol.

  9. #59
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    I liked the energy from Area55, but man, the "clap clap clap clap clap" thing got old. I'll give y'all a pass since it was the first pre-season game. I'm sure you guys have a lot more up your sleeve.

    By the way, I'm facilitating the Josh McRoberts chant this season as I did last season. You guys following me on that Friday was a riot.

  10. #60
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,495

    Default Re: area 55

    How about on Wednesday, everytime Ridnour or Flynn shoot a free throw you start a chant of "Ric Ky Rubio"

    or

    When Beasley shoots a free throw "no more, pod casts" clap clap clap clap clap.

    Maybe not the last one, that's pretty tough. Kinda funny though, imo.

  11. #61
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,495

    Default Re: area 55

    Or a sign that says,

    # of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never.

    # of years until David Kahn is fired = 1

  12. #62
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    First, kudos to Area 55, I will get to see you in action for the first time on Wednesday as I had to miss Friday's game.

    Second, try coming up with some catchphrases for all the players. "Dun Dun!" or similar along with the "hib hib hooROY!:" would be great.

    Finally, harassing other attendees of the game is classless, no matter where they are sitting. I hope that's not something that becomes a feature of Area 55. There's a difference between that and good-natured banter - if the other person is feeling or acting threatened, it isn't banter any more.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  13. #63
    Member tsm612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Noblesville
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or a sign that says,

    # of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never.

    # of years until David Kahn is fired = 1
    Make a fathead out of this pic for when we play Minnesota. I don't care if they understand it or not. It would make my day.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsm612 For This Useful Post:


  15. #64
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Should we maybe start a thread asking for input into different chants and ideas for area 55? I think that would provide some great synergy for ideas and basically a brainstorming session of sorts for area 55 going into the games. I don't know, but it is just a suggestion.

    I still love McBeard as a nickname... Maybe they could throw up a picture of McBeard with the full beard and give out a bear growl whenever he throws down a nasty dunk. Or possibly start with a picture of regular JMac and then morph it into a picture of him with "The Beard", while playing the noise from Transformers when they morph. Just an idea. You guys could chant from one side... JMAC!!! Then the other side would respond with "The Beard".

    Anytime Hans does something tough, you guys could do the noise from Psycho. (I think it was Psycho with the loud screeches).

    Also, from Roy's Wikipedia site... "Since Roy is an avid Pokémon fan, his teammates would often say, 'Power up, big fella,' to help him play harder." This may be a joke, but it might be hilarious to incorporate into a chant.

    TJ stands for Terrance Jerod.

    Foster and "Eat It" from Weird Al. Hopefully he continues to gobble up rebounds like in the past.

    DG would need a really good chant.

    These are probably terrible ideas and might require working with the team personnel. But just trying to come up with some ideas.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  17. #65
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    pacergod2 Thats exactly what people need to do just throw us a bone here lol.
    No idea is a bad one if everyone did that on here i thing we could get some good ammo built up. Besides in area 55 or not you should all be somewhere in CFH to join in if not you can still hear some of our stuff on tv and be proud that it was your idea.

  18. #66
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,495

    Default Re: area 55

    Here's a couple ideas for the opener.

    When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).

    For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).

    Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.

    Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)

    Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)

    Jason Kapono: One dimensional

    Spencer Hawes: Career back up

    Wow, I can only think of really mean stuff, sorry.

  19. #67
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: area 55

    Some good ideas here. I think a separate thread like "PD Ideas for Area 55" would be good to focus on just that and hopefully get ideas from non-Area 55ers. We could probably use all the help we can get.

    One of Roy's main rules for Area 55 is Pacers fans only, pretty simple. If someone else starts talking trash about Pacers players and Area 55 members inside of Area 55, I hope we start another good-hearted chant. Especially if they also say Josh McRoberts should move back to Carmel.

  20. #68
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some good ideas here. I think a separate thread like "PD Ideas for Area 55" would be good to focus on just that and hopefully get ideas from non-Area 55ers. We could probably use all the help we can get.

    One of Roy's main rules for Area 55 is Pacers fans only, pretty simple. If someone else starts talking trash about Pacers players and Area 55 members inside of Area 55, I hope we start another good-hearted chant. Especially if they also say Josh McRoberts should move back to Carmel.
    Why not just get an usher or someone to move that person and keep Area55 focused on the game?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. #69
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not just get an usher or someone to move that person and keep Area55 focused on the game?
    Probably not a bad idea for the future, but the intent honestly wasn't to get them kicked out, just call them out for trash talking. We were in chant mode for the Pacers and so that's what happened. I guess he did the rest.

  22. #70

    Default Re: area 55

    I started this chant for Magnum Rolle...I think its a good one...

    XL, XL, XL, XL, XL!!!! And cross your arms above your head like an X.

    Or Mag Num XL Mag Num XL Mag Num XL...no pauses in between just keep saying Mag Num Xl...

  23. #71
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started this chant for Magnum Rolle...I think its a good one...

    XL, XL, XL, XL, XL!!!! And cross your arms above your head like an X.

    Or Mag Num XL Mag Num XL Mag Num XL...no pauses in between just keep saying Mag Num Xl...
    Or even do PI PI PI PI PI.

    Who doesn't love Magnum PI. Maybe he can make a cameo driving to the game in a Ferrari 308. Or maybe we can get Higgins to make an appearance.

    When I say Magnum, you say PI, Magnum, PI.

    Professional Intimidator.



    Or what about a little Magnum Malt Liquor

    Last edited by pacergod2; 10-11-2010 at 01:35 PM.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  25. #72
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    I have to say that the Fat Head of Shatner yelling Kahn may be funniest idea on here.

    Also I feel that the whole area should be holding sacks of marbles and begin shaking them whenever Roy decides to softly lay one up instead of throwing it down. For all those who have seen Major League 2.

    Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  26. #73
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,495

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse.
    Absolutely, I've been practicing this at home for years!!

  27. #74
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse.
    I think I'd have to if I heard that inside Conseco Fieldhouse, even as a joke.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: area 55

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a couple ideas for the opener.

    When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).

    For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).

    Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.

    Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)

    Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)

    Jason Kapono: One dimensional

    Spencer Hawes: Career back up

    Wow, I can only think of really mean stuff, sorry.
    Stating the ovbious lol or maybe say LA Clippers or Baron Davis. That one would work better when the clippers come to town. Chant Elton Brand because he backed out on the clippers and his buddy Baron Davis.

    Idont think i have it in me to make a chant about Eric Gordon .But i have a couple in mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. PD Members in Area 55...
    By I Love P in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
  3. Tickets NOT Available Tonight -Area 55-
    By I Love P in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 11:58 AM
  4. Size of Cities Metro Area
    By Old as Dirt in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •