Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: area 55

Default Re: area 55

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    El Pacero, you also met the infamous ZepZach. I didn't mention PD when I talked to ya, but I was the short dude you sat next to during shootaround. It was cool meeting you!
    Cool, I think I met you as well. You were the guy that thought I was joking when I said I was Zach, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zwb View Post
    Cool, I think I met you as well. You were the guy that thought I was joking when I said I was Zach, right?
    Haha. Yeah that was me.

I think area 55ers should look up to the Bucks' Super 6. This is what our fans should be doing.

Last edited by imawhat; 10-09-2010 at 04:19 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw people using their phones and not paying attention the few times the camera showed area55 on the tv broadcast. Not using a phone (during playing time) was one of Roy's rules. I know there is a handful of absolutely crazy fans in area55, but if you're gonna take the tickets from Roy I thought it was a trade off for absolutely bananas behavior (in good taste) the entire game.

For the guys trying to make it work in area55, you should look into some soccer type chants that are more of making melodic noise then saying a particular message.

Still preseason though...

Coach em up Roy!
    Last edited by focused444; 10-09-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually said the same thing, last night during the game, that a few people are saying here. More chants with different cadences and rhythms is a must, otherwise the whole idea will get very stale quickly. Get creative with it guys.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I actually said the same thing, last night during the game, that a few people are saying here. More chants with different cadences and rhythms is a must, otherwise the whole idea will get very stale quickly. Get creative with it guys.
    we do 3 new chants each game

Mood

I got my mohawk gonna dye it blue or gold cant decide.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I got my mohawk gonna dye it blue or gold cant decide.
    blue or a mix of both...

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    blue or a mix of both...
    blue and yellow tiger striped!
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Was everyone there? It looked like it was only partially filled all game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

blue and yellow tiger striped!
    good idea ill have my girl do it im not good with hair lol

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    That's because they had spread out so much. As I already complained about. Mostly because I was all alone. Lol. By the way just want to say thanks and how much I appriciatte the entire staff that's a part of this. The fact that they know our names and everything is awesome. They are really working for us out there.
    im pretty sure they will fix that come reg.season. We will all be sitting together i hope make it louder

Found this on eightpointsnineseconds.com What I liked about the game in general – The first unit looks sound, and Roy Hibbert and Darren Collison are establishing themselves as foundation players on this roster. If this team gets good, then Area 55 will irritate the living she-poopie out of visiting teams.
    Kinda liked this one

Can't wait til Wednesday. I had my girlfriend and two guests with me on Friday so I sat with them in 102 instead of 101 where my ticket is. Starting Wednesday, I am all on my own, so I will be sure to bring it the whole game right in the thick of things.

Mood

Can't wait til Wednesday. I had my girlfriend and two guests with me on Friday so I sat with them in 102 instead of 101 where my ticket is. Starting Wednesday, I am all on my own, so I will be sure to bring it the whole game right in the thick of things.
    can we bring guest to the rest of the presesaon?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    can we bring guest to the rest of the presesaon?
    Troy called me and said they had some free tickets for the first game, but I don't think they are giving any away for the rest of them.

Mood

Troy called me and said they had some free tickets for the first game, but I don't think they are giving any away for the rest of them.
    that sucks i wanted my friend to come

Hey guys, I just set up a Tumblr account for Area 55. We can upload photos, videos, mp3's, text, or whatever to this blog.

I figure everyone can submit their own stuff and we can keep it as a sort of online scrapbook of season 1 of Area 55. I already added a great photo from heywoode. I know a lot of people in A55 have Twitter, but this is a better way to keep organized media from the games.

To submit stuff, go to: http://area55.tumblr.com/submit

To just go to the homepage, http://area55.tumblr.com

I will be working on a better theme this week.
    Last edited by redfoster; 10-10-2010 at 02:04 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hey guys, I just set up a Tumblr account for Area 55. We can upload photos, videos, mp3's, text, or whatever to this blog.

I figure everyone can submit there own stuff and we can keep it as a sort of online scrapbook of season 1 of Area 55. I already added a great photo from heywoode. I know a lot of people in A55 have Twitter, but this is a better way to keep organized media from the games.

To submit stuff, go to: http://area55.tumblr.com/submit

TO just go to the homepage, http://area55.tumblr.com

I will be working on a better theme this week.
    thats tight good work

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I was thinking the same thing 2nd half, and have been worried for a while. Hopefully our numbers improve, but we need more crazy fans. There are some people basically sitting the entire game.

Then after the game I heard all the positive reaction from other Pacers fans and was surprised how loud we were. It was basically our first day of training camp and we have tons of work to do.

What about using a "who who" two-count to replace the "clap, clap, clap-clap-clap" four-count sometimes? We could do other stuff, too.

Did anyone notice the Houston Fan Section during last night's game?

(ZepZach - yup recognized you when I first saw you. And kielbeze - now we know what to do when another Greg invades Area 55!)

When the chants start getting into things that aren't basketball related, it turns from being roudy fans to being utter douchebags. Even if it's a player from an opposing team, I don't think there should be any chants about a player's off court issues. We don't want to be seen in the same light as the a-holes in Philly, Detroit, or Boston. At least I don't want to be seen in that light.

Overall, I thought Area 55 did an admirable job last night, and my buddy and I (in Section 208) spent a good chunk of the game being amused by the Area 55 bunch. Can't wait to see what kind of carry over effect there will be when there are more people in Conseco to join in on the fun.
    I agree with you about our players' off-court issues. We shouldn't ever needle our own players. I'm less charitable when it comes to the opposition. For example, getting on DH about his foul shooting was great. I loved "Can't Shoot Free Throws" and especially "In Your Head". We can be a little funny and edgy without being profane or too personal.

Other thoughts:

We have to be quiet when our own people shoot FTs.

We shouldn't be using cell phones and be texting while the game is going on.

We might want to consider getting more compact from a seating perspective. A lot of times different people in A55 were doing different chants simply because we were so spread out. Consequently, we were out of sync sometimes. Maybe that'll change with the season and when both Sections 101 and 102 get filled up.

I was also wondering if we were really that loud. Maybe we were. It's nice to get feedback from those seated elsewhere actually hearing us. It's kind of hard to gauge A55's effects on the Arena as a whole when you're right there in the middle of it.

Also, does anybody know any remedies for hoarseness? It's Sunday and my voice is still less than 100%. The day after the game with Orlando I couldn't talk at all.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 10-10-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    I agree with you about our players' off-court issues. We shouldn't ever needle our own players. I'm less charitable when it comes to the opposition. For example, getting on DH about his foul shooting was great. I loved "Can't Shoot Free Throws" and especially "In Your Head". We can be a little funny and edgy without being profane or too personal.
    Agreed.

We have to be quiet when our own people shoot FTs.
    Amen.

We shouldn't be using cell phones and be texting while the game is going on.
    I will sadly admit I was freaking out 1st quarter because I forgot to tivo the game and was holding my phone in my hand trying to get the directv app to connect. Never got to watch the game again to hear us on TV. Won't happen again and you can deduct me a point.

We might want to consider getting more compact from a seating perspective. A lot of times different people in A55 were doing different chants simply because we were so spread out. Consequently, we were out of sync sometimes.
    Agreed and agreed. Some of us in 102 finally moved over to 101 where there are more people are to begin with.

Also, does anybody know any remedies for hoarseness? It's Sunday and my voice is still less than 100%. The day after the game with Orlando I couldn't talk at all.
    I could barely talk yesterday. Someone on twitter told me to use my diaphragm next time. I've heard of singers using honey, salt water and pickle juice, yum!

Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    I think having the ques on the big screen helped a lot. The first 2 min 2 ahh wasa a disaster, then they put it up on the screen and it was perfect. I think if we give a few chant idea including hib hib hooroy. And they throw them up there it will help. I watched a buck 6 section say that they do that. So it also gets every other fan into it.
    Good ideas! Coordinating with the big screen worked great on the 2nd Two-Ah! That got a lot of positive feedback BTW. The Hib Hib HooROY could be put up on the screen every time Roy gets a bucket and the chanting could be so much more coordinated that way.

Mood

No one got that guy kicked out, he got kicked out cuz he yelled " you"
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    No one got that guy kicked out, he got kicked out cuz he yelled " you"
    yeah but el pacero bated him lol