Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: area 55

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default area 55

Conrad gives us the shout-
    Area 55 is a hoot. The fans in that section were on their feet all night, offering chants for Dwight Howard's free throw shooting and Rashard Lewis' playoff woes, among other things. They also had giant cutout heads of Roy Hibbert, who is the guiding force behind that section and paid for the season tickets, Larry Bird and Slick Leonard. If this was preseason form for Area 55, I can't wait for the regular season. They're going to need a new cutout of Hibbert's head, though. It looked disturbingly like Cheryl Miller.
    The best teamwork of the night came from the Area 55ers and new P.A. voice Michael Grady. When the time came, Grady would simply say, "Two minutes " and the Area 55ers, right in cue, would respond, "Two-wah." Grady showed massive class by setting up the tribute to the man he replaced, Reb Porter, with a major assist from the Area 55ers.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Default Re: area 55

ReggieMillerTNT Reggie Miller
    Watching Pacers vs Magic, love that Roy Hibbert has bought that section called *Area 55*, giving back and making it loud in Conseco.

Mood

ya it was amazing 2nite i think it affected dwight lol. im glad im in it this season is gonna be really fun. Thanks Roy and the pacers for making it possible!

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

First game was pretty good. I gotta admit, I was a little scared about the force Area 55 could bring, but it was a decent first showing. I will be honest and say that if we didn't have the Carmel, IU and a certain fan named Will Prim (@prince0812) we wouldn't have been half of what we are. They all brought it big time.

We need a lot more organization and experience, but this was our first day of Training Camp. If you look at it that way, it was a total success. I talked to PD members after the game and they could TOTALLY hear us and loved the chants. That made me feel really good. We don't really know how loud we are or what we are effecting. I guess the Pacers bench was cracking up (I heard Rush may have been in tears) over our playoff chant.

It's a start, but just like the Pacers, we have a long way to go.

(edit: forgot to say that I confirmed kielbeze was cool for a second time, and I met the infamous pacer4ever. I don't know if I'm the 1st PD member to meet him, but I will say that he is a very cool kid with his head together and just has been taken the wrong way on here. And maybe types sloppy on his phone. Huge Pacers Fan.

2nd edit: Also forgot I finally met Bender. Him and his posters were a hit all night. Slick signed a foreheard, Mark wanted a picture with his (and I think wanted it) and Roy was carrying them around as well. Really cool guy. However, therefore, please do note - I think the loud screaming while OUR PACERS were shooting free throws might have came from his area!!! #throwunderbus #pointsdeducted #area55suspension)
    Last edited by El Pacero; 10-09-2010 at 03:34 AM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First game was pretty good. I gotta admit, I was a little scared about the force Area 55 could bring, but it was a decent first showing. I will be honest and say that if we didn't have the Carmel, IU and a certain fan named Will Prim (@prince0812) we wouldn't have been half of what we are. They all brought it big time.

We need a lot more organization and experience, but this was our first day of Training Camp. If you look at it that way, it was a total success. I talked to PD members after the game and they could TOTALLY hear us and loved the chants. That made me feel really good. We don't really know how loud we are or what we are effecting. I guess the Pacers bench was cracking up (I heard Rush may have been in tears) over our playoff chant.

It's a start, but just like the Pacers, we have a long way to go.

(edit: forgot to say that I confirmed kielbeze was cool for a second time, and I met the infamous pacer4ever. I don't know if I'm the 1st PD member to meet him, but I will say that he is a very cool kid with his head together and just has been taken the wrong way on here. And maybe types sloppy on his phone. Huge Pacers Fan.)
    lol infamous i like that lol. Did u see me talking to lance born ready after the game or did u already go off to party? i swear you are more famous than the players it took u a long time to get out of the arena. everyone wantd 2 talk to you.

Best area 55 chant of the night: "In your head" to Howard after a few free throw misses. Since the only Area 55 guy I talk to on twitter is El Pacero I'll say it again here, you guys HAVE to get the other *cough* fans *cough* under control during our free throws. I understand it's preseason for everyone and it did improve as the night went on.
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I missed the game last night, but I turned on SportsCenter to try to catch the highlights. In the opening video clips that they throw together before the show really starts, I'm fairly certain there was an Area55 tryout video or something of the sort. Somebody in a Hibbert jersey with their face painted going bananas in a gym somewhere. That was pretty awesome.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Were the heads on tv? Cant waitto bring them all. We need to think of a new way to chant. that chant, clap clap clap clap,.really gets old.

I like the playoff no show chant at Rashard Lewis.

I also notice there was some guy in yellow that everyone tried to get away from? What was that about?

I also saw this chick I use to mess around w/ in college in area 55. I tweeted El Pacero for confirmation b/c she was right by him on the jumbotron...needless to say my g/f didn't respond with me asking if that was her.

I believe I saw a few of you while I was leaving CFH b/c I remembered faces with some of the pics that have been posted here

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I missed the game last night, but I turned on SportsCenter to try to catch the highlights. In the opening video clips that they throw together before the show really starts, I'm fairly certain there was an Area55 tryout video or something of the sort. Somebody in a Hibbert jersey with their face painted going bananas in a gym somewhere. That was pretty awesome.
    I came home from the game and watched it on DVR and the heads made the FSN telecast and the "can't shoot free throws" chant nearly killed QB he was laughing so hard.
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Area 55 was, without a doubt, the best thing about the game. Loved the "Can't Hit Freethrows" for Howard. Also loved the chants of "Jim O'Brien" when O'Brien willfully chose to kick the ball and make it roll to the other end of the court. "Thank you, Roy" was also a very nice touch.

The "TWO-wah" following Grady's "Two Minutes" was prompted for the entire crowd to join in on by the Pacers on the big screens above the court, and everyone who attended the game throughout the arena helped with that fitting tribute to Reb Porter.

All in all, without Area 55 last night, the 3000 or so of us who actually attended the game would have been far less entertained and into the game, and the building would have had virtually no energy except during the sporadic times when the team showed flashes of playing decent basketball.

Watching the game on TV, the noise I heard from Area 55 made it feel like a college game. That's a good thing.

El Pacero, you also met the infamous ZepZach. I didn't mention PD when I talked to ya, but I was the short dude you sat next to during shootaround. It was cool meeting you!

Mood

the funniest thing was when we got the magic fan kicked out lol

I asked roy via twitter if he could see the fatheads from the floor... he said yeah that was great. Going to post a couple pix soon

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    the funniest thing was when we got the magic fan kicked out lol
    He was not even a magic fan That would be understandable. He was back there just talking trash about everyone on both teams. Mcroberts sucks Granger sucks bal bla bla carter sucks. But I will say one more time El Pacero is the man for going up there and getting his name lmao Dude gets so many points in my book for that one that was crazy!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    He was not even a magic fan That would be understandable. He was back there just talking trash about everyone on both teams. Mcroberts sucks Granger sucks bal bla bla carter sucks. But I will say one more time El Pacero is the man for going up there and getting his name lmao Dude gets so many points in my book for that one that was crazy!
    lol ya But also before the game they relocated the kid who had a magic jersey on. He was only like 10 but him and his dad had to switch sections. lol

Mood

the fat heads were awesome!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54260568@N07/5064879655/

^ Slick signed the fathead at half.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54260568@N07/5064884525/

^ Mark Boyle....he said he wants one of him.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Yea "superfan" is a funny dude. Glad we are standing next to him. Hopefully I'll run into him at Colts games.

We were 24-27 (88.9%) from the charity stripe... I don't think we affected our players. Lance is innocent. On that note, I will be staying away from any legal related issues going forward, just wanted to express my opinion for the 1st game. Lance has gotta know we have his back unlike the not so glory days when our fans would openly boo at Tinsley, Jackson, etc... that's definitely not good. At least we were positive. Plus, it's not like anybody else was yelling. I thought that's what we were here for. Pacers 107 Rockets 79

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When the chants start getting into things that aren't basketball related, it turns from being roudy fans to being utter douchebags. Even if it's a player from an opposing team, I don't think there should be any chants about a player's off court issues. We don't want to be seen in the same light as the a-holes in Philly, Detroit, or Boston. At least I don't want to be seen in that light.

Overall, I thought Area 55 did an admirable job last night, and my buddy and I (in Section 208) spent a good chunk of the game being amused by the Area 55 bunch. Can't wait to see what kind of carry over effect there will be when there are more people in Conseco to join in on the fun.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Agreed we need a leader and i think area 55 should be general admission seating so we can get all of us who want to be what area 55 was meant to be all in one group.

I liked Area 55. Kinda felt like they were a "student section". I hope they keep it respectable.