Thread: This is Why I think we will win next year

Default This is Why I think we will win next year

Q. Like a lot of people, I was happy with the Pacers' acquisition of Stephen Jackson. If I remember correctly, he was supposed to help with perimeter scoring. One problem I do see is that almost all of the Pacers' great adversaries such as the Spurs, Timberwolves, Heat (Dwyane Wade can be considered a shooting guard) and especially the Pistons (we all remember a certain somebody named Hamilton) have a prominent shooting guard that requires special attention. Now I know dealing with a problem such as this could be as easy as giving (Ron) Artest the defensive assignment but that would force the shooting guard to defend the small forward and in the case of the Pistons that would be the 6-9 Tayshaun Prince.

You saw what difficulty Reggie had guarding him. Do you think Stephen playing the shooting guard could alleviate this problem while Artest has his hands full with Hamilton? The Pacers need to get past the Pistons in the playoffs so this has to happen. Also, since we are on the subject I have a more general question, the Pacers didn't just have problems in special cases like this they had a general problem with backcourt defense. Do you think Stephen can help? (From Mahad in Minneapolis)

A. Though Jackson isnít considered a lock-down defender, he does have the size and athleticism to upgrade that area. As you mentioned, in situations where Artest is assigned to defend a high-scoring shooting guard, he usually does an admirable job, but it can cause matchup problems elsewhere. Reggie has long been unappreciated as a defender but Jackson gives the coaching staff more flexibility when it comes to switching the small forward/shooting guard matchups. As good as he is, Artest isnít at his best against lithe, quick players like Hamilton (or Prince). Heís much better against guys he can use his strength against. Having Jackson will allow the coaches to be more selective when using Artest in those situations. Rather than guarding a Hamilton or Tracy McGrady for the full game, he can now be used as a situational stopper, defending players of that ilk in clutch situations. Jackson has been primarily known as a scorer but the 6-8, 215-pound swingman could have just as big an impact on the Pacers with his ability to strengthen the team defense.

Barring any injuries, we will win in my opinion.

We almost beat them last year, with a flawed strategy and alot of injuries and Artest having a bad few games.

Now we have adjusted our strategy where as they have just kept digging their grave by not.

Default Re: This is Why I think we will win next year

"Now we have adjusted our strategy where as they have just kept digging their grave by not. "

What does this refer to concerning both the Pacers and the Pistons?

I like the idea of when we have to put Ron on a 2, instead of leaving Reggie on the 3, we can put Stephen there instead. That should noticably help.

Yeah it is about the Pacers and Pistons. Sorry, I live in my own little world.

I thought them, so I typed them

I think you are miss-understanding me.

I am asking what the quoted statement is refering to when it says "we [the Pacers] have adjusted our strategy where as they [the Pistons] have just kept digging their grave by not."

Are you just referering to the addition of Jax and so the added scoring and defensive flexibility from the 2 or have the Pacer coaches talked about some sort of large scale change in how they are playing the game? As far as I knew the basic strategy of both teams hadn't changed much.

[edit=390=1092769850][/edit]
    [edit=390=1092769923][/edit]

Well we focused our strategy out of the Inside. The Pistons shut the inside down to well. Will perimeter shooting we can avoid their strategy a bit more.

Ok, I was having trouble reading your initial post as I thought the entire post was taken out of an article or live chat or something. I just now figured out where your comments are and where you are quoting an outside source.

Its much clearer now that I see who is saying what. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, but we don't have Brad Miller, so all hope is lost...at least for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but we don't have Brad Miller, so all hope is lost...at least for the next 10 years.
    Are you gonna follow me thread to thread acting like a child, or are you going to grow up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Are you gonna follow me thread to thread acting like a child, or are you going to grow up?
    Are you going to lighten up, or are you going to take everything so damn seriously your entire life?

I would have posted that whether you had posted on this thread or not.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you going to lighten up, or are you going to take everything so damn seriously your entire life?

Let me ask you some serious questions, bullet.

Do you intentionally refuse to use emoticons because you like to see if it'll get a rise out of people, or what? And why do you have to be so snide and look down on other people's opinions all the time? nd why, when you disagree with someone, do you feel the need to mock them at every opportunity? You do realize that this isn't RealGM or the IndyStar board, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade

why do you have to be so snide and look down on other people's opinions all the time? And why, when you disagree with someone, do you feel the need to mock them at every opportunity
    ^^ Exactly what I think every time I read a BP post.

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Why I think the Pacers will win next year?

Manifest Destiny

---
    BTW, I don't have a problem with bulletproof. Everyone has his or her own style.

I just looked at Shade's post count number.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I added back my old post counts from PDs past.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I added back my old post counts from PDs past.
    in other words, he cheated.

Mood

oh and we have a much cooler

Do you intentionally refuse to use emoticons because you like to see if it'll get a rise out of people, or what? And why do you have to be so snide and look down on other people's opinions all the time? nd why, when you disagree with someone, do you feel the need to mock them at every opportunity? You do realize that this isn't RealGM or the IndyStar board, right?
    Listen (insert epithet of choice here), I don't start things, I merely push back harder. And I like to do that with humor and wit. A popular poster here, who shall remain unnamed, PM'd me and said he thought my post was funny and entertaining. Some people get it, some don't. You're obviously in the latter group.

Before you make a generalization like this, why don't you go do a little research and look up the invectives Hicks hurled at me yesterday. Or should I just tell you to shut the hell up now? You obviously have a problem with the way in which I say things...that I state things in a matter-in-fact manner and won't back down. That's your problem, not mine. Guess what? I don't back down from facts when others are speculating. And if you want to air this out in the open versus addressing me privately, then yes, it's going to get ugly fast. I don't take kindly to being sniped at. Your opinion means nothing to me when presented like this.

That goes for you, too, SoupIsGood. I tried to address you privately, but you you're obviously not mature enough to talk to me one on one.
    [edit=27=1092797566][/edit]

Mood

Listen (insert epithet of choice here), I don't start things, I merely push back harder. And I like to do that with humor and wit. A popular poster here, who shall remain unnamed, PM'd me and said he thought my post was funny and entertaining. Some people get it, some don't. You're obviously in the latter group.

Before you make a generalization like this, why don't you go do a little research and look up the invectives Hicks hurled at me yesterday. Or should I just tell you to shut the hell up now? You obviously have a problem with the way in which I say things...that I state things in a matter-in-fact manner and won't back down. That's your problem, not mine. Guess what? I don't back down from facts when others are speculating. And if you want to air this out in the open versus addressing me privately, then yes, it's going to get ugly fast. I don't take kindly to being sniped at. Your opinion means nothing to me when presented like this.

That goes for you, too, SoupIsGood. I tried to address you privately, but you you're obviously not mature enough to talk to me one on one.

I understand what you're saying here but i think that you set your self up to be the antagonist in a lot of conversation. Sometimes it looks like you're playing devils advocate which is good most of the time. But sometimes you push buttons because you can. I think you could stop that and still be a great and funny and witty poster.

You're joking, right? All you do is drag people into stuff publically.

And this is far from an isolated incident. There's a difference between being witty and being an ***. And you clearly appear to be in the latter, whether that's your intention or not.

I asked the questions because I wanted legitimate answers. I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or seriously trying to stir the pot. But I will tell you one thing I won't tolerate, and that's threats. You don't back down? Well I don't either. And seeing as how I have rules to enforce, and you toe the line very dangerously, I would suggest treading lightly. You don't have to kiss my ***, but you do have to abide by the rules that everyone else does if you want to continue posting here. Even if that means abandoning some aspects of your vague sense of humor.

Take your pick.

I'm not mature cause I don't check my PM's? Okay buddy. Those things are stupid anyway.

Well, you think you state things matter-of-fact like, and I think you state things a little too harsh. I suppose it's all how different people percieve things, and we can't do much about about that can we? Let's just forget the whole thing. The whole she-bang.

You're joking, right? All you do is drag people into stuff publically.

And this is far from an isolated incident. There's a difference between being witty and being an ***. And you clearly appear to be in the latter, whether that's your intention or not.

I asked the questions because I wanted legitimate answers. I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or seriously trying to stir the pot. But I will tell you one thing I won't tolerate, and that's threats. You don't back down? Well I don't either. And seeing as how I have rules to enforce, and you toe the line very dangerously, I would suggest treading lightly. You don't have to kiss my ***, but you do have to abide by the rules that everyone else does if you want to continue posting here. Even if that means abandoning some aspects of your vague sense of humor.

Take your pick.
    Oooo, enforce your rules. Use your muscle. Ban me. Before you do, here's the post Hicks made yesterday that I'm referring to:

*sigh* I've gotten caught back up in this again after wanting to stop. I'm trying to be reasonable, but I mainly have bullet being Donnie's puppet with his responses, such as saying/doing anything to make him look right, including knocking Brad by either making fun of where he comes from, or saying his game and value to the team was less close to Jermiane O'Neal than it was to Jamison Brewer That's not someone worth wasting more time arguing about this. I enjoy talking w/ him in general, but if there's an issue where Walsh's opinion is known, he's gonna go into full puppet mode and say anything to try to support Donnie's opinion instead of having an opinion of his own (or at least being open to a different idea), and it's predictable enough that I'm going to try hard not to waste my time with debating anymore. It's like talking with a wall.
    Now, if you think there's anything I've posted here and on that other thread I started that is beneath that, you need a reality check.

theres some tension in here with a capital T.

You obviously have a problem with the way in which I say things...that I state things in a matter-in-fact manner and won't back down. That's your problem, not mine. Guess what? I don't back down from facts when others are speculating. And if you want to air this out in the open versus addressing me privately, then yes, it's going to get ugly fast. I don't take kindly to being sniped at. Your opinion means nothing to me when presented like this.

Well I won't back down
    No I won't back down
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell
    But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
    And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
    gonna stand my ground
    ... and I won't back down

Chorus:
    (I won't back down...)
    Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
    (and I won't back down...)
    hey I will stand my ground
    and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
    in a world that keeps on pushin me around
    but I'll stand my ground
    ...and I won't back down

(I won't back down...)
    (and I won't back down...)
    (I won't back down)
    and I won't back down...

(I won't back down...)
    (I won't back down)
    hey I won't back down
    (and I won't back down)
    hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
    (and I won't back down)
    (and I won't back down)
    and I won't back down
    (I won't back down)
    No I won't back down...

-----
    Bball was here
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden