Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 169

Thread: Dealing with Generation Text

  1. #51
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cuz the story is told by Huck Finn.
    And he ain't too sivilized.

    ---

    But more generally, what I'm protesting is making the link between p4e's choice to write as he does and a putative lack of intelligence or education. It's just not there. Verbal facility is unrelated to how and when one deploys a variant dialect; this has been proven over and over and over. [Zadie Smith--an eloquent SWE writer--has written about her own speaking cockney at home.)

    And honestly, it's a jackass-ish link to make. Should we assume everyone who speaks differently than us is stupid??
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    5,353

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he ain't too sivilized.

    ---

    But more generally, what I'm protesting is making the link between p4e's choice to write as he does and a putative lack of intelligence or education. It's just not there. Verbal facility is unrelated to how and when one deploys a variant dialect; this has been proven over and over and over. [Zadie Smith--an eloquent SWE writer--has written about her own speaking cockney at home.)

    And honestly, it's a jackass-ish link to make. Should we assume everyone who speaks differently than us is stupid??
    Not speech, but typing... Yes, I think that is fair. Who the hell types out their eubonics? That is if english is your first language.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 10-07-2010 at 05:56 PM.

  4. #53
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not speach, but typing... Yes, I think that is fair. Who the hell types out their eubonics?
    Typing ebonics would be a stretch. But typing text has a practical motive: it's quicker and faster.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  5. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,252

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you implying that in order to type properly you need to be college educated? Have our public schools failed us that much? I never went to college, but I am not a freakin moron.
    No, actually based on the comments about his employers judging him and the pictures thing- reminds of stuff taught in most "business" related majors. Seems like he's attacking this from that kind of angle.

    Of course if you are getting interviewed for a less "corporate" job the criteria he mentions become a lot less important.

  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, actually based on the comments about his employers judging him and the pictures thing- reminds of stuff taught in most "business" related majors. Seems like he's attacking this from that kind of angle.

    Of course if you are getting interviewed for a less "corporate" job the criteria he mentions become a lot less important.
    I would argue that is not necessarily true (all you have to do is look at one of of Los Angeles posts talking about when he hires part time helpers).

    Also I have many friends who have a find arts major (or a couple) and I see what you are saying, but even they have to be careful because normally they need a job, even if short term, where they have to be able to write and speak properly.

    *BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING*

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but you get judged. And you get judged by people that has zero consequence to your life, and you get judged by people that can literally make or break your life.

    Facebook is a perfect example, and one that you've probably not had to deal with on a larger basis.

    Example: I hang out with college athletes. They're above 21. They drink at a party, people take pictures, pictures are posted on Facebook. The university has people who surf facebook looking for things, either major infractions or minor it doesn't matter. It's against the NCAA rules for athletes to drink. Alcohol is on their banned substance list.

    Who cares if they drink? They're 21, they're legally allowed too. But yet I know people who got suspended because of it.

    Second case in point: Employers look you up on facebook. If you go out and seem "wild" either in photos or in the way people write on your wall, they use that to evaluate whether or not you will get the job.


    I agree that it's stupid, and what people do on their own time shouldn't reflect on your ability to do a job. But that's just not reality.

    You might not fully understand it, but this is actually advice. You might not think it matters, but it does.
    i dont use facebook and typeing on PD wont break or make my life lol wow

  9. #57
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    I wont call anyone out but I remember when a rather big deal was made about people replying "no problem" to "thank you" instead of "you're welcome". This just kind of reminds me of that instance.

    That being said, I was looking over some job applications that came into my store and was amazed at how many people under the age of 20 think that shorthand and text language are acceptable in everyday life. I am not the one that does the hiring in my store because I am a full-time student first and foremost, but I am regularly asked to give input on applicants. If anything is taken from this post let it be this: if you write your resume and/or fill out an application in shorthand or text language the employer WILL laugh at you, think you are an idiot, and throw your application away. I would assume the same goes for college and graduate school applications would be reviewed in similar ways.

    If you don't like the way someone posts IGNORE them. If you're not sure how just PM Hicks. I ignored someone just a week or so ago for the first time in my five plus years as a member of this board and had to ask Hicks to figure out how. It's simple and saves quiet a bit of headache if you can't stand the way someone posts.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:


  11. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wont call anyone out but I remember when a rather big deal was made about people replying "no problem" to "thank you" instead of "you're welcome". This just kind of reminds me of that instance.

    That being said, I was looking over some job applications that came into my store and was amazed at how many people under the age of 20 think that shorthand and text language are acceptable in everyday life. I am not the one that does the hiring in my store because I am a full-time student first and foremost, but I am regularly asked to give input on applicants. If anything is taken from this post let it be this: if you write your resume and/or fill out an application in shorthand or text language the employer WILL laugh at you, think you are an idiot, and throw your application away. I would assume the same goes for college and graduate school applications would be reviewed in similar ways.

    If you don't like the way someone posts IGNORE them. If you're not sure how just PM Hicks. I ignored someone just a week or so ago for the first time in my five plus years as a member of this board and had to ask Hicks to figure out how. It's simple and saves quiet a bit of headache if you can't stand the way someone posts.
    I just gradauted college, but from my other thread I had a similar experience.

    I saw two resumes last week from people fresh out of college, one person write his resume in crayon, and another printed out the resume but used textspeak. Needless to say neither person got the job

    random sidenote: What Since86 said is true. I remember when my school was hiring a intern to manage the 4 person team I was on to plan new student orientation. One person was shot down because of what she was waering in her facebook profile picture (he status was private so we could not see any other pictures). Of course, this is why many of my friends (both male and female but esp female) are making their facebook private, and some are even going as far as to use a fake name so when you search for them you can not find them

  12. #59
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he ain't too sivilized.

    ---

    But more generally, what I'm protesting is making the link between p4e's choice to write as he does and a putative lack of intelligence or education. It's just not there. Verbal facility is unrelated to how and when one deploys a variant dialect; this has been proven over and over and over. [Zadie Smith--an eloquent SWE writer--has written about her own speaking cockney at home.)

    And honestly, it's a jackass-ish link to make. Should we assume everyone who speaks differently than us is stupid??
    Well, this is going off on a tangent.

    But yes, my first post in this thread shows how I'm not going to hire someone who uses pacer4ever's manner of writing when asking for a job. So there you go.

    In these situations, the assumption can go one of two ways: 1) this person is unable to write a simple sentence without terrible spelling or grammar mistakes regardless of the venue (aka - this person is likely uneducated) or 2) this person doesn't understand that this is neither the time or the place to write like he's texting his date to the junior prom (aka - this person is likely a fool).

    As far as message boards language goes, PD is one of the most high-falootin' boards out there. There are plenty of boards in the universe where p4e can post in this style to his heart's content with nary a wayward notice.

    Pacer4ever is in Rome. He should adapt somewhat and try to write as the Romans do. I don't think he'd ever go all the way, but a little adaptation wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 10-07-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:


  14. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this is going off on a tangent.

    But yes, my first post in this thread shows how I'm not going to hire someone who uses pacer4ever's manner of writing when asking for a job. So there you go.

    In these situations, the assumption can go one of two ways: 1) this person is unable to write a simple sentence without terrible spelling or grammar mistakes regardless of the venue (aka - this person is likely uneducated) or 2) this person doesn't understand that this is neither the time or the place to write like he's texting his date to the junior prom (aka - this person is likely a fool).

    As far as message boards language goes, PD is one of the most high-falootin' boards out there. There are plenty of boards in the universe where p4e can post in this style to his heart's content with nary a wayward notice.

    Pacer4ever is in Rome. He should adapt somewhat and try to write as the Romans do. I don't think he'd ever go all the way, but a little adaptation wouldn't hurt.
    lol why r u so serious if i write a paper i edit it this whole board doest care about the pacers i guess they jst want to teach gramer lol wat a joke

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  16. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wont call anyone out but I remember when a rather big deal was made about people replying "no problem" to "thank you" instead of "you're welcome". This just kind of reminds me of that instance.

    That being said, I was looking over some job applications that came into my store and was amazed at how many people under the age of 20 think that shorthand and text language are acceptable in everyday life. I am not the one that does the hiring in my store because I am a full-time student first and foremost, but I am regularly asked to give input on applicants. If anything is taken from this post let it be this: if you write your resume and/or fill out an application in shorthand or text language the employer WILL laugh at you, think you are an idiot, and throw your application away. I would assume the same goes for college and graduate school applications would be reviewed in similar ways.

    If you don't like the way someone posts IGNORE them. If you're not sure how just PM Hicks. I ignored someone just a week or so ago for the first time in my five plus years as a member of this board and had to ask Hicks to figure out how. It's simple and saves quiet a bit of headache if you can't stand the way someone posts.
    is this place really like that wow why do u call it pacers Digest u should call it PERFECT DIGEST cause if u aint perfect u arent accepted

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  18. #62

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    I am going to dip my toe in the water. I am a new member on the forum. I am sitting in my chair wondering what on Earth is going on here.

    Is this about a group of adults picking on a kid over the internet? As I read this and other threads about how Pacer4Ever is wasting our valuable time, I just have to ask myself, "Can't they see the irony of this point of view?". If you have time to bully a kid over the internet, your time just isn't that valuable.

    Or if not that, maybe this is about a group of adults being well intentioned and wanting to bestow some advice. This would be commendable, but if this is the case, these posts and threads hardly come across to me as being in the spirit of education. I think putting someone on the defensive is not the way to get your point across or to educate.

    Either way this seems mean spirited and inappropriate. There are plenty of other avenues to deal with Pacer4Ever if he bothers you. Use the ignore feature.


    To Pacer4Ever -- I'd like to say that your attitude about what I perceive to be attempts to shame or embarrass you in to writing in a more formal style is commendable. However, LA has made a pretty good point. That is to say that there is a good deal of value in the ability to communicate, especially in writing. Once you post something on the internet whether it is on forums, twitter, facebook, or other sites, whatever you post becomes a public record. People are able to make judgments about you based on your postings without ever having met you. I encourage you to bear that in mind when posting here and other places.


    Okay that is it from me. Please take my thoughts as friendly, they certainly aren't intended to be anything else. My post here is intended only to point out that most of us are adults, and we wouldn't be picking on this kid in person (I hope), we shouldn't be doing it here.

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BBQ For This Useful Post:


  20. #63

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be clear about one thing - a lot of kids think that "any" is spelled "ne" or that the two spellings are interchangeable in any setting. I'm talking about the kids who are not paying attention in school (oblivious), or worse, believe that what is being taught in school doesn't matter (willfully ignorant).

    I occasionally have to put out ads to get part-time help in my studio. The gig doesn't pay much, so I get all sorts of folks from all walks of life applying. It would shock you - SHOCK YOU - how many young applicants can't form a coherent sentence. It's just plain embarrassing. Do they ever get hired? HELL NO. Not by me. No way.

    Fact is, even if a job doesn't involve any language skills whatsoever, language skills are needed to get the job in the first place. And once the job is acquired, language skills will certainly be necessary to rise up.

    One fascinating aspect to this situation is that a micro trend is forming: a larger number of children in the poorest neighborhoods - without means to own a cell phone or computer - are actually leap-frogging over the underperforming kids that have greater access to these devices.

    I think I remember this being the subject of a Radio Lab show, do you listen to that on NPR?

  21. #64
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text


  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  23. #65
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    I love me some Pulp Fiction

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:


  25. #66
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    In these situations, the assumption can go one of two ways: 1) this person is unable to write a simple sentence without terrible spelling or grammar mistakes regardless of the venue (aka - this person is likely uneducated) or 2) this person doesn't understand that this is neither the time or the place to write like he's texting his date to the junior prom (aka - this person is likely a fool).
    Well, yeah. Like I said earlier, making informed decisions about the rhetorical situation you're in is what's important, not automatically conforming to "Correct English." Awareness. If I send you a resume in textspeak, maybe I'm doing it as a joke, or maybe I'm trying to prove some kind of point. But if I actually want you to give me a job I'm going to write in the dialect that'll impress you.

    p4e is in Rome. But the Romans are not giving p4e a job. The Romans do not even know p4e's real name. The benefits of conforming to the linguistic expectations of PD's SWE-hawks is extremely low in this case. He should write as he pleases.

    And for what it's worth I think he's handled all this quite well. At his age I would've told you to F-off already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For non-conformity the world whips you with its displeasure.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:


  27. #67
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,259

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Every generation has their preferred vernacular from the 20’s Daddy O speak to the Valley Girls of the 80’s to today’s texting.

    They all think that it is their thing and it’s kind of a way of sticking it to the man, so to speak.

    Pacer4ever is a young man and as time goes on his tastes will change and someone younger than him will be talking some strange language that he isn’t familiar with and it will be odd and strange to him.

    But that is not today.

    He appears to be a nice person who is passionate about the Pacers and has taken some steps to change his style to meet the rest of the board. He wants to be taken seriously and as time goes on I believe he will adjust more to meet the masses but for now I just enjoy that he is a passionate Pacers fan and will encourage him to keep expressing himself and maybe we can all learn something from each other.

    Believe me when it comes to spelling and proper grammar I am about as dense as they come and I’m sure I drive many people up the wall with my common misspellings of common words (Anthem).


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. #68
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya man if like there was a real problem u had wit the way he writes then y do dis in such a public forum if it aint meant 2 b sum kind of haterate or nothin. jus sayin.

    if dis was such a big problem as u say it is then mayb sumone come in and jus stop it but no need to go out and disrespect so much.
    What did the hater eat?

  29. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, yeah. Like I said earlier, making informed decisions about the rhetorical situation you're in is what's important, not automatically conforming to "Correct English." Awareness. If I send you a resume in textspeak, maybe I'm doing it as a joke, or maybe I'm trying to prove some kind of point. But if I actually want you to give me a job I'm going to write in the dialect that'll impress you.

    p4e is in Rome. But the Romans are not giving p4e a job. The Romans do not even know p4e's real name. The benefits of conforming to the linguistic expectations of PD's SWE-hawks is extremely low in this case. He should write as he pleases.

    And for what it's worth I think he's handled all this quite well. At his age I would've told you to F-off already.
    i did once lol but that is my point im not at my job at my job i act pro. because i have to but PD is suppose to be fun
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-07-2010 at 09:56 PM.

  30. #70
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,543

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    I didn't think I would actually post in this thread, but I will anyways.

    I have no issue with P4E and his "textspeak". There is nothing wrong with typing that way over the internet.

    What this boils down to is not picking on the guy. I'm not sure anyone here has anything personal against him. The so called "textspeak" is simply annoying and hard to decipher at times, but nothing more.

    Should he type out his words? Probably. Does he have to? No. Do you have to read his posts? No.

    My advice to P4E though, and you won't break my heart if you don't use this advice, is to actually take the time to type words out if you're on a computer. If you're on a blackberry, phone, ipod, or whatever then "textspeak" is fine. But for people to understand your opinions on the Pacers, if you truly want to engage in good discussions, just take the time to type the words.

    Just my 2 cents. If you don't care for it, don't take it to heart.

    Now, back to the Pacers

  31. #71
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Geez people...

    I just finished reading this whole thread. I think it's pretty obvious that p4e is saying he posts this way on PD because he enjoys it, he knows the difference between what he's writing here and standard written English, and he uses SWE when it's called for (i.e. job, school). Can we agree on this at least?

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  33. #72
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i did once lol but that is my point im not at my job at my job i act pro. because i have to but PD is suppose to be fun
    This. If you could just start typing like THIS, that'd be a great start.

  34. #73
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,505

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Them people that talk funny on the internet is fans too.

    Signed,
    Larry Bird
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  36. #74
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That being said, I was looking over some job applications that came into my store and was amazed at how many people under the age of 20 think that shorthand and text language are acceptable in everyday life. I am not the one that does the hiring in my store because I am a full-time student first and foremost, but I am regularly asked to give input on applicants. If anything is taken from this post let it be this: if you write your resume and/or fill out an application in shorthand or text language the employer WILL laugh at you, think you are an idiot, and throw your application away. I would assume the same goes for college and graduate school applications would be reviewed in similar ways.

    I do a lot of the hiring for my job and I do laugh at them and file them in the do not bother to interview pile. If they cannot be bothered to properly fill out a job application, they cannot be bothered to properly do what they are hired to do.


    If you don't like the way someone posts IGNORE them. If you're not sure how just PM Hicks. I ignored someone just a week or so ago for the first time in my five plus years as a member of this board and had to ask Hicks to figure out how. It's simple and saves quiet a bit of headache if you can't stand the way someone posts.

    For those that don't know how, I will summarize:
    Go to User CP
    Under Settings and Options, select Edit Ignore List
    Find the Add Member to Your Ingore List box and type in the first few letters of the posters name. The field will auto populate with a list of names that correspond with the letters you've typed.
    Double click the user name you wish to ignore and select OK.
    Done.

    ...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  37. #75

    Default Re: Dealing with Generation Text

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cuz the story is told by Huck Finn.


    "Cuz"?




    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
  2. Who's Watching Generation Kill?
    By JayRedd in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
  3. Bennett admits mistakes in dealing with Seattle [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. HELP! I need ways of dealing with such a tough loss
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •