Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Game Thread: Pacers vs. Magic Preseason Game 2

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Game Thread: Pacers vs. Magic Preseason Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one talking about the minutes we got from Jeff Foster's corpse? Could that guy be anymore done if he tried?
    I completely forgot he played. Perhaps I was a little too hard on Danny earlier. At least he was able to leave a ****ty impression.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Got through only 4 pages before realizing there were 13 total devoted to a pre-season game. Gotta love the passion.

So this may have already been pointed out, but George looks like he could be special, even in a game where nothing really went right for him.

His ballhandling is pretty loose, but I was impressed by how natural he seems with the ball. If he works to tighten it up, he can be a really, really good 2 guard. His aggressiveness is such a welcome change from Rush's passiveness last year.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KennerLeaguer View Post
    For those who saw the game did it look like a cheap shot from D. Howard?
    No.

Just the usual. DH reached up to scratch his head and six Indians around him went flying.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    Got through only 4 pages before realizing there were 13 total devoted to a pre-season game. Gotta love the passion.

So this may have already been pointed out, but George looks like he could be special, even in a game where nothing really went right for him.

His ballhandling is pretty loose, but I was impressed by how natural he seems with the ball. If he works to tighten it up, he can be a really, really good 2 guard. His aggressiveness is such a welcome change from Rush's passiveness last year.
    I didn't see all that. But I hope you're right.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    No one talking about the minutes we got from Jeff Foster's corpse? Could that guy be anymore done if he tried?

And to think he's being paid 6.6 mil this year!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    I thought Paul made up for his poor shooting with tremendous hustle.
    He was all over the place on D wasn't close to what I expect from him on D, he is one of the reasons Carter was hitting so many threes, his off ball D isnt as good as it could be, he tries to help others too much in zone leaving his guy wide open....

Potential out the roof but man he will need some time, I know people probably don't want to hear this but I can't wait to see his progress from the first season to the second.

Mood

Lol,

You guys must have forgot how good VC can be, not just dunking but he has been making 3's since he came into the league. Give him a little space and he might make it, its not like Dunleavy's D was super bad all the time, he did slip up a few times, but judging from this game it is his offense that you should be worried about.

While a good many of you were snuggled warmly in bed this early morning, I went to garage sales. I didn't find anything of interest to buy, but what I did find interesting was listening to 2 older ladies talking about the Pacers game last night. One stated they just didn't know about the Pacers, but felt the Pacers problems was the "COACH." My 1st thought was about the conversations already on this board about Jimmy. Here are two ordinary ladies discusiing the Pacers and their perception that Jimmy is the problem. Maybe the Pacers FO should take note on how the general public sees the Pacers.

I just thought it was funny hearing this, and thought I'd pass on the view of others that don't post on PD. My tongue is still sore from bitting it so hard trying not to voice any Jimmy comments.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    While a good many of you were snuggled warmly in bed this early morning, I went to garage sales. I didn't find anything of interest to buy, but what I did find interesting was listening to 2 older ladies talking about the Pacers game last night. One stated they just didn't know about the Pacers, but felt the Pacers problems was the "COACH." My 1st thought was about the conversations already on this board about Jimmy. Here are two ordinary ladies discusiing the Pacers and their perception that Jimmy is the problem. Maybe the Pacers FO should take note on how the general public sees the Pacers.

I just thought it was funny hearing this, and thought I'd pass on the view of others that don't post on PD. My tongue is still sore from bitting it so hard trying not to voice any Jimmy comments.
    I'm thinking if you had hung around a bit longer you would have heard the phrase "hair coloring."
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 10-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Banned

Soooooo, can we put to rest that Mike Dunleavy is a good defender and that he could be the answer at SG? he was horrible last night(and the last two years), I know we blame Murphy for the Pacers bad defense in the last three years, but I still think that part of the problem is been Mike Dunleavy too.

Can we also stop hoping for Foster to be the old Foster? I am starting to think that this is his last year, he looks really old out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Lol,

You guys must have forgot how good VC can be, not just dunking but he has been making 3's since he came into the league. Give him a little space and he might make it, its not like Dunleavy's D was super bad all the time, he did slip up a few times, but judging from this game it is his offense that you should be worried about.
    For whatever reason Vince Carter see's the Indiana Pacers and the lights turn on for him.

I can't remember where I read this but I think I remember reading that he has scored more points against the Pacers than vs. any other team. This goes back to the days we were great (late 90's to 2000) all the way up until now. He's been lighting us up for over a decade.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned

I also forgot to mention that Posey does not look good, like Robo said he looks out of shape and in my opinion he is not even close to the old James Posey we saw three years ago as a celtics, if we are expecting him to get significant minutes we are going to be in trouble.

Mood

You guys need to calm down. This is a very new team, with a new point guard, in the second preseason game. Danny ALWAYS looks like **** in the preseason. ALWAYS. And every year he comes around once it actually matters, based on history it makes no sense to roast him at this point.

Secondly Vince carter was on fire, orlando is an elite team ,AND they haven't lost a preseason game in two years. They actually put effort into them, probably more than we do. The streak is more to play for the win than we had.

I wonder if you guys will "obrien" the game and call it irrelevant if the pacers look good tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Secondly Vince carter was on fire, orlando is an elite team ,AND they haven't lost a preseason game in two years. They actually put effort into them, probably more than we do. The streak is more to play for the win than we had.
    I agree-we were clearly outclassed. They are title contenders, we are rebuilding (finally?), which I am completely cool with. The Magic and the Pacers are at two distant points in the competitive cycle.

I was pretty impressed they played like they had something to lose. That's coaching. Eventually that level of expectation maybe burns them out, but they have a pride and confidence that championship-level teams have.

All I have to say is the lineup we ran at the end of the game was stellar defensively. And I think we got in Howard's head a little.

I enjoyed watching Tyler and Magnum together. Two blenders.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    I agree-we were clearly outclassed. They are title contenders, we are rebuilding (finally?), which I am completely cool with. The Magic and the Pacers are at two distant points in the competitive cycle.

I was pretty impressed they played like they had something to lose. That's coaching. Eventually that level of expectation maybe burns them out, but they have a pride and confidence that championship-level teams have.
    My counter argument would be that we have alot more to work out with our roster than theirs. We have one of if not the deepest team of young talent in the league in my opinion. Alot of room for growth with us. Preseason means nothing in terms of W-L to us right now, but means alot more for player development.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I enjoyed watching Tyler and Magnum together. Two blenders.
    I know both players have a long way to go....but if Tyler can become the "muscle" down low defensively, Magnum would be a perfect partner for him if he can become that help defender threat.

Gotta Play Big

This team reminds me of very early in the Reggie years. I see the talent now in Hibbert, George, Granger and Collison. The piece that is missing is experience.

What we see on the floor is a team that might lose...but they will no longer be toyed with during the first 3 quarters of most games...because doing so will put the opposition in too big of a hole. IOW, this team is going to be one capable of actually competing with some of the best teams in the league. Definitely not this year, but within a couple years they will start giving teams problems. What will be most evident is when the team starts beating decent NBA teams that are truly trying to beat us. That will be the first sign of real growth as opposed to how we might compete against the Magic or Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    My counter argument would be that we have alot more to work out with our roster than theirs. We have one of if not the deepest team of young talent in the league in my opinion. Alot of room for growth with us. Preseason means nothing in terms of W-L to us right now, but means alot more for player development.
    You and I are saying the same thing, I think. We are very young, and that means we're going to take some lumps, now and during the regular season. I agree also about the roster- even with the potential we have in place, it's not a complete team where all of the roles are filled yet. Should be fun to see how it shakes out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Preseason games. Serious buisiness.
    Pacers,baby!