Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promise keepers? Let's hope Pacers can change their world/Bob Kravitz

Default Re: Promise keepers? Let's hope Pacers can change their world/Bob Kravitz

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Defensive Rating and opponents' FG%, from Basketball Reference:

in 99-00

97.2 (3rd)

in 09-10

106.8 (14th)

It looks like there was a bit of difference. I never saw the 2000 team play, though, and I'm sure Buck's and Anthem's assessment has something to it, but these figures suggest a difference.
    The 99-00 Def Rating was 103.6, or 13th.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2000.html

The numbers you're showing for 2000 are actually for 2004.
    Last edited by count55; 10-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Promise keepers? Let's hope Pacers can change their world/Bob Kravitz

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I just remember one of there members being all over the news in the last year or so. I think it was the guy hiking the Appalachian trail in Argentina.Really just found the articles title humorous.
    Wrong group. You are talking about The Fellowship in D.C.

The PromiseKeepers, led by the former Colorado football coach, never had those scandals. In fact, they are kind of defunct now, as the coach didn't want to found an institution. It was just a movement for a time.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Wrong group. You are talking about The Fellowship in D.C.

The PromiseKeepers, led by the former Colorado football coach, never had those scandals. In fact, they are kind of defunct now, as the coach didn't want to found an institution. It was just a movement for a time.
    And of course the Fellowship isn't necessarily a Republican phenomenon. Definitely crosses the aisle.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    The 99-00 Def Rating was 103.6, or 13th.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2000.html

The numbers you're showing for 2000 are actually for 2004.
    Nice find.

So the 2000 team was 13th, and last year's team was 14th. Nice job, Bob.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    lol I wouldn't call Kravitz one of the best PnR guards in the game. Really Kravitz? come on now. That's hyperbole.

And versus those Euro-Centers- bah come on. Do you really think Hibbert can guard them? For every three they make Roy scores 2- and thats how we win the game right?

And hey Kravitz- we would have grown if we drafted good players. Rush? Tyler? smh.

Come on Kravitz- you can cry all you want but come back to reality a bit.
    What then do you recommend?

I think Kravitz' point was: stop being the jelly fish who matches up with his opponent. You make your opponent match up with you. That is exactly what the 2000 team did. They didn't start Antonio Davis in order to make up for Smits' defensive liability. Rather, they said, "You deal with our freaking 7'4" giant."

On the issue of Collison Kravitz' is 100% correct. O'Brien has an opportunity to win me here (I know, that doesn't mean much. Though I do invest a lot of cash in the organization each year). I want O'Brien to show me that he is not about a system. I want O'Brien to show me he is about winning basketball games. If he will adapt to win, then I will support the guy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Kravitz has provided a pretty nice summary....most of which is accurate. The fact he questions what comes out of JOb's mouth is not a new idea folks...and is not exactly surprising. Did he get that view from PD? Who knows? If he did, he probably agreed with whoever pointed it out....as have many others on PD who don't write for a rag.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    On the issue of Collison Kravitz' is 100% correct. O'Brien has an opportunity to win me here (I know, that doesn't mean much. Though I do invest a lot of cash in the organization each year). I want O'Brien to show me that he is not about a system. I want O'Brien to show me he is about winning basketball games. If he will adapt to win, then I will support the guy.
    This will determine whether JOb is extended or not. Whether you want to point to the inexplicable substitutions last year, the irrelevant garbage minute McBob transformation this year, DJones playing PF, the statements around the benching of Rush in favor of Stephen Graham...etc. Lots of stuff did not make sense last year or were things hardly believable. We (i.e. the fans) need this season to make more sense than last...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We (i.e. the fans) need this season to make more sense than the previous three seasons...
    Fixed...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden