Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh No Rumors are circulating that the new system isn't exactly gelling with Collison

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: Oh No Rumors are circulating that the new system isn't exactly gelling with Collison

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What will you say if this team makes the playoffs and is as fun to watch as they CAN be??
    I will say right on, and watch with pleasure!!!

Of course I will still want Obie canned
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: Oh No Rumors are circulating that the new system isn't exactly gelling with Collison

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Tyson Chandler just had a bowel movement. It shook all of Southern California.

OMG, I just wrote about an NBA player. I don't have any credentials.
    weak dude

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I will say right on, and watch with pleasure!!!

Of course I will still want Obie canned
    And if you were Bird or Morway, who would you choose to replace him?

Banned

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    It happens all the time.

What "access" does he have? Can you say for sure? If you think he had access to people who have "echoed DC situation" don't you think people like Mike Wells would have had at least as much access, and would have been all over that story?
    Cool

and what will you say Tom , if a month or so we start hearing the grumbblings that DC is not happy

Will people come back and admit there was a smiggin of truth? Or will there be more justification of why it happened and how its not Jims fault

For the record, I earnestly hope I am wrong

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who cares what this guy has to say. Does anyone even know who he is?

Based on the scrimmage videos, it looks like Darren is comfortable playing in this system and with the team.

I am one of the main writers at 3 Shades of Blue, a Memphis Grizzlies fan blog, and I cover the Southwest Division of the NBA for About.com. I am a Certified Financial Practioneer (CFP) and have a practice in Memphis, TN. That is my job. The writing is just a hobby
    That was the "writer's" bio

Now let me enjoy that hot plate of crow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Anybody?
    You'll ***** and complain about them, too.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Well at least it's nice to see that both sides of the O'Brien support/hate group are already up to full speed in their pre-season grenade throwing/diving on positions.

I figure give us about two weeks into the season and we will all be at mid season form for sure.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Agreed. Everything I've read is that no one can stay with DC on defense when he has the ball in his hands and that he has been money with the mid-range jumper whenever they run the pick-and-roll.
    I think he's a smart player and will be just fine and if he's killing the opposition in pick-and-roll or isolation sets, Jimmy will call those plays. Just look at how many isolation plays they ran with Jack and Ford the past 2 seasons.
    Lance Stephenson, TJ Ford, and AJ Price have been defending Collison in practice....That's bad defense, lazy defense, and injured defense. I would hope Collison would chew them all up.

As much as we want to take negative things with a grain of salt, we should probably take the positive with a grain of salt too, and just see how he does. Collison seems like he's a smart player, and even if the offense isn't a natural thing to him or doesn't make him as effective, I'm sure he'll work through it. He's only got a year of it anyway.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

and what will you say Tom , if a month or so we start hearing the grumbblings that DC is not happy

Will people come back and admit there was a smiggin of truth? Or will there be more justification of why it happened and how its not Jims fault
    Some men you just can't reach.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

I understand that, but I doubt the writer, regardless of how well he is connected would just bite off another article that was already written
    The media does that all the time.

To have access to the NBA you need credentials, credentials I'm sure are not given away so I think he must have spoken or heard from people who echoed DC situation
    Who said he had credentials? And for that matter, remember that other guy who we know has credentials and is paid to follow the Pacers, Mike Wells? The same guy supporting the idea that there's no "rumor of not gelling"?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Thanks for posting. I'm not buying it yet. From our end we have heard nothing and seen nothing to believe this. In fact, Darren is living up too or exceeding expectations in camp. A person who is playing really well isn't likely to not understand or dislike a system. Wouldn't it be the player who is underperforming that would be rumored to not gell with the system? I'll keep this in mind simply based off of JOB's history, but that is all.
    I agree, we have no reason to believe that there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Who the H is Chip Crain. And how in the H would he have any idea.

IMO and in only my opinion this type of thread is why I sometimes dislike this forum. Here we are likely going to pick apart a throw away line from some out of town reporter. They haven't even played a pre-season game yet.

And everything we have seen and heard is that Collison has had a great first week, so why let Chip ruin that
    Chip, like me, is a writer for the True Hoop Network - on the Memphis Blog "3 Shades of Blue." He is not one of the guys that I have interacted with much, so I can't comment a lot on him overall. I'm pretty sure that 3SOB is credentialed.

That blog is relatively well connected with the Memphis organization, but, this is almost certainly a throw-away line, and almost certainly a condensed re-reporting of Wells comments about Collison adjusting to having the ball in his hands less.

Out of necessity, most beat reporters in the NBA (and credentialed bloggers) heavily use the work of other beat reporters. It takes too much time and effort to keep up with your own team to be able to do anything else. For example, much of Wells' reporting of the Murphy-to-Cleveland rumors last year consisted of what Brian Windhorst (the Cavs beat reporter) either reported or told him.

In any case, I've got an e-mail into Chip asking for clarification.

Besides, he also said this:

Memphis has improved their bench from last season with the rookies and Tony Allen but Indiana's bench has established players in most positions. T J Ford at the point is a great start. Brandon Rush and Dahntay Jones will be backing up Granger and Dunleavy and Greg Foster is still an excellent big off the bench. If Hansbrough can return to full health their bench is very strong.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

As opposed to the "let's burry are head in the sand and pretend evreything is ok"
    My head isn't buried anywhere. I'm not suggesting everything or anything is OK. I'm suggesting how does some low level reporter from Memphis have any idea what is going on with the pacers.

And excuse me if everytime we get a drop of rain I don't panic and start building an ark.

Most of all can we wait until an actual game is played.

I give up.

"rumors are circulating" based on what - certainly not what Chip has written here.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Anybody?
    That could be considered both a question, and an answer.

Jeff Van Gundy or Tyrone Corbin

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Well at least it's nice to see that both sides of the O'Brien support/hate group are already up to full speed in their pre-season grenade throwing/diving on positions.

I figure give us about two weeks into the season and we will all be at mid season form for sure.
    I'm not supporting anyone, how can I as I have not seen this years team yet. That is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Some men you just can't reach.
    Oh great one of wisdom

care to elaborate

That was the "writer's" bio

Now let me enjoy that hot plate of crow
    You can't really be held fully to blame. I mean, you read it on the internet, right? Everyone knows that EVERYTHING written on the internet has to be 100% factual truth, right? I mean, you surely must have to have some kind of credentials to write on the internet, don't you?

Yeah I LOL'd at the "Greg" Foster reference.

I wonder if this is the same guy who made that mistake last year

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    My head isn't buried anywhere. I'm not suggesting everything or anything is OK. I'm suggesting how does some low level reporter from Memphis have any idea what is going on with the pacers.

And excuse me if everytime we get a drop of rain I don't panic and start building an ark.

Most of all can we wait until an actual game is played.

I give up.

"rumors are circulating" based on what - certainly not what Chip has written here.
    Its Cool Buck

Dont want to go back and forth either

I truly hope your right and Im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    You can't really be held fully to blame. I mean, you read it on the internet, right? Everyone knows that EVERYTHING written on the internet has to be 100% factual truth, right? I mean, you surely must have to have some kind of credentials to write on the internet, don't you?

Your correct in the fact that the internet has allowed anyone to claim to be a NBA "writer"

That being said even the weakest connected writer can catch a lucky break some time. It doesnt mean he is right or wrong necessarly

Like I said I hope he is off base and you gentlemen are corredt

Banned

I'm not sure if this is true but I remember that last year we heard that the pacers locker room was not a happy place, even some names came up about who were the players that were unhappy, again not saying that this is true but is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post

If the Pacers make the playoffs, OB isn't likely to be going anywhere.

Bite your tongue.

I never liked the hiring of Jimmy, but I understand the reason was a coach to hold down the fort until Bird could change things. I don't care if the Pacers make the playoffs, O'Brien has no more usefulness as the Pacers coach. A new coach that can take the Pacers to the next level is what is required. A coach who is not stubborn with a terrible case of tunnel vision that his system/style is the the only way. A coach who doesn't think the ultimate game is one with a score of 135-127 with no "D" and 3 pt shooting galore.

4 years of Jimmy is more than enough, and as far as I'm concerned 1 year too many! I want to see the Pacers do well this year, but I want ownership and Bird to understand Jimmy's usefulness has passed. It's time to go forward with a different coach for the future.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: