Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller now on Twitter.....

Default Reggie Miller now on Twitter.....

I'm sure most of you twitter users have already seen it, but just in case....

@reggiemillertnt
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Reggie Miller now on Twitter.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure most of you twitter users have already seen it, but just in case....

@reggiemillertnt

https://twitter.com/#!/reggiemillertnt
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    link is actually http://twitter.com/reggiemillertnt

So a little update on this...

There may be a chance that this is due to some sort of technical glitch... But probably not.

So I am a regular Twitter user ( http://www.twitter.com/tmjonsson )

Obviously I began following Reggie the minute I learned that he had joined.

I immediately mentioned him in a message:
    http://twitter.com/#!/TMJonsson/status/26522573341

Then a day or so later, some random Heat fanboy started sending Reggie @ messages
    saying that he should join the Heat if he really wants a ring...

It was pretty ridiculous.

I replied (to this random person AND to Reggie) sticking up for Reg, basically saying he had
    a chance to do that with the Celtics, but he is loyal and a Pacer for life...
    And that if Reggie did that he would be no better than LeBron... etc.

I wasn't rude or mean, but clearly stated that it was dumb to even suggest Reggie
    do something like that when he already passed up that opportunity once.

Fast forward a couple hours... The person who posted that tweet ended up sending
    an @ message to me saying "good point" (In reply to my reasons for why that was a dumb idea)
    http://twitter.com/#!/jzking/status/26677528615

Fast forward again a couple more hours... And someone from PD that I follow via Twitter
    (forget who, I follow many) had RT'd (retweeted) a message Reggie had posted that I did not recognize...
    Which was weird because I had been regularly reading Reggie's tweets.

So I went to his profile, and found that I was no longer Following him,
    and he was no longer listed in my "Pacers" list (all Pacer fan/player/employees go in this list).

I thought perhaps it was a database issue, so I tried to Follow Reggie again, but I now get the following message:

"Could not follow user: You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user."

Is this because of some random technical issue... Perhaps

Is it because Reggie somehow got offended that I stuck up for him in front of
    some random dude saying he should join the Heat to become a ring-chaser... More likely...

It's the 2nd quarter of the first televised pre-season Pacers game Vs the Magic...
    I was really excited to finally be watching Pacers ball again... But now I've found out that my idol has basically "blocked me"
    from contacting him or even reading his messages on a public website...
    I have to admit I am pretty devastated... I've pretty much lost my excitement for the rest of this game.

I really hope this isn't what I fear it is... I know that Reggie doesn't owe me anything,
    and that for me to "expect" him to interact with me personally isn't realistic...

But even with that in mind, I am not going to lie... This hurts like hell.
    Last edited by TMJ31; 10-08-2010 at 08:27 PM.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    So a little update on this...

There may be a chance that this is due to some sort of technical glitch... But probably not.

So I am a regular Twitter user ( http://www.twitter.com/tmjonsson )

Obviously I began following Reggie the minute I learned that he had joined.

I immediately mentioned him in a message:
    http://twitter.com/#!/TMJonsson/status/26522573341

Then a day or so later, some random Heat fanboy started sending Reggie @ messages
    saying that he should join the Heat if he really wants a ring...

It was pretty ridiculous.

I replied (to this random person AND to Reggie) sticking up for Reg, basically saying he had
    a chance to do that with the Celtics, but he is loyal and a Pacer for life...
    And that if Reggie did that he would be no better than LeBron... etc.

I wasn't rude or mean, but clearly stated that it was dumb to even suggest Reggie
    do something like that when he already passed up that opportunity once.

Fast forward a couple hours... The person who posted that tweet ended up sending
    an @ message to me saying "good point" (In reply to my reasons for why that was a dumb idea)
    http://twitter.com/#!/jzking/status/26677528615

Fast forward again a couple more hours... And someone from PD that I follow via Twitter
    (forget who, I follow many) had RT'd (retweeted) a message Reggie had posted that I did not recognize...
    Which was weird because I had been regularly reading Reggie's tweets.

So I went to his profile, and found that I was no longer Following him,
    and he was no longer listed in my "Pacers" list (all Pacer fan/player/employees go in this list).

I thought perhaps it was a database issue, so I tried to Follow Reggie again, but I now get the following message:

"Could not follow user: You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user."

Is this because of some random technical issue... Perhaps

Is it because Reggie somehow got offended that I stuck up for him in front of
    some random dude saying he should join the Heat to become a ring-chaser... More likely...

It's the 2nd quarter of the first televised pre-season Pacers game Vs the Magic...
    I was really excited to finally be watching Pacers ball again... But now I've found out that my idol has basically "blocked me"
    from contacting him or even reading his messages on a public website...
    I have to admit I am pretty devastated... I've pretty much lost my excitement for the rest of this game.

I really hope this isn't what I fear it is... I know that Reggie doesn't owe me anything,
    and that for me to "expect" him to interact with me personally isn't realistic...

But even with that in mind, I am not going to lie... This hurts like hell.
    I posted a comment on Reggie's page telling him that I grew up worshiping him and that he was a stand-up guy (etc...) and he said "thank you." It was a great day for me. Sorry yours has turned out weird/disappointing.

You said he'd be no better than LeBron (in a bad way) if Reggie went to the Heat. I can't say I'm surprised he blocked you, unfortunately for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You said he'd be no better than LeBron (in a bad way) if Reggie went to the Heat. I can't say I'm surprised he blocked you, unfortunately for you.
    I'll take that as meaning he would have jumped to the Bulls if he had the chance.

Since testing the new version of Twitter, I've inadvertently blocked/reported for spam like four different followers. I undid it almost immediately, but I have no idea how it happened.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie is a business man now. If I were Reggie, and I am certainly far from it, I would block any follower who attacked another follower - even if he or she had my interest in mind. I am sure Reggie's Twitter page will be featured on TNT, ESPN, and Dan Patrick. He simply cannot allow it to become a forum.

If I were Reggie, I would allow my page to become a one way conversation. I.E., You talk to me, and if I so chose, I respond. OR I create conversations and control the conversation.

I have always thought that Reggie has higher aspirations than a analyst on TNT. I think Reggie wants to be a force in media and well respected for it. As a result, he must protect his interest.

I don't understand why it's an issue for me to say that... Because Reggie DIDN'T do those things despite many, many chances... So I was basically saying that Reggie stuck to his guns and stayed loyal to his team where "others" have not.

It was the furthest thing from dissing Reggie possible.

In hindsight, yes I suppose it was stirring the pot a bit... But not at Reggie's expense, that's for darn sure! I was sticking up for him and his legacy, not trying to demean him.

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    Reggie is a business man now. If I were Reggie, and I am certainly far from it, I would block any follower who attacked another follower - even if he or she had my interest in mind. I am sure Reggie's Twitter page will be featured on TNT, ESPN, and Dan Patrick. He simply cannot allow it to become a forum.

If I were Reggie, I would allow my page to become a one way conversation. I.E., You talk to me, and if I so chose, I respond. OR I create conversations and control the conversation.

I have always thought that Reggie has higher aspirations than a analyst on TNT. I think Reggie wants to be a force in media and well respected for it. As a result, he must protect his interest.
    Valid points...

Just hurts when (as a lifelong fan), you voice your opinion in defense of your idol, and you get blacklisted because of it.

Reggie stayed loyal, but I seem to recall that it wasn't a given he would. I remember talk of him going to the Knicks, then the Lakers, then coming out of retirement to be with Boston. I think there was at least a little smoke with one or more of those.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Reggie stayed loyal, but I seem to recall that it wasn't a given he would. I remember talk of him going to the Knicks, then the Lakers, then coming out of retirement to be with Boston. I think there was at least a little smoke with one or more of those.
    Oh yea I remember those instances as well.

He definitely flirted with the idea.

That is obviously very different than actually following through.

I don't begrudge Reggie having thoughts of other situations at all.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Him staying loyal happened by chance, IMO.

He almost came out of retirement to play for Boston, but decided against it because of the grind it would put on his body, not because of wanting to be loyal to the Pacers. I never remembered reading him say that, although I'm glad he didn't come out of retirement.

During one of his contract years, I do remember there were rumors of the Knicks getting him, and of course the Lakers wanted a Cali guy, although I have vague memories of that story.

Bottom line, don't worry about it, it could have been a mistake, and if it wasn't, he probably blocked you because he didn't want his Twitter to become a public forum with people yelling at each other.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Him staying loyal happened by chance, IMO.

He almost came out of retirement to play for Boston, but decided against it because of the grind it would put on his body, not because of wanting to be loyal to the Pacers. I never remembered reading him say that, although I'm glad he didn't come out of retirement.

Bottom line, don't worry about it, it could have been a mistake, and if it wasn't, he probably blocked you because he didn't want his Twitter to become a public forum with people yelling at each other.
    That's the public perception... But I am pretty sure that in Reggie's mind his loyalty played a bigger part than many people assume. Of course I could be totally wrong and it was the exact opposite, but I doubt it.

- Bottom line: you're right. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe I was being overzealous in my defense of him... It still just stings when you basically worship a person your entire life and then little things like this happen.

Valid points...

Just hurts when (as a lifelong fan), you voice your opinion in defense of your idol, and you get blacklisted because of it.
    I understand. I grew up watching Reggie play. It would certainly be dissapointing.

That's the public perception... But I am pretty sure that in Reggie's mind his loyalty played a bigger part than many people assume. Of course I could be totally wrong and it was the exact opposite, but I doubt it.

- Bottom line: you're right. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe I was being overzealous in my defense of him... It still just stings when you basically worship a person your entire life and then little things like this happen.
    At the end of the day, Reggie did what was best for Reggie. Do I blame him? No! As a Pacer fan, that man gave me 18 years of blood, tears, and sweat.

I think the reason Reggie did not play for the Celtics is simple. That's not the way he wanted to win. It had nothing to do with, "us." Reggie didn't want to hitch his wagon to someone's star. Truly great players don't want to be in the shadow of another. They want to be the best and to beat the rest. Consider what Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johson said about the infamous, "Decision." Each criticized Lebron James' "If you can't beat'em join'em" attitude and for giving up and creating a super-team. I think Reggie didn't want it to be like that. If he couldn't do it on his own then he simply was not going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    Truly great players don't want to be in the shadow of another. They want to be the best and to beat the rest. Consider what Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johson said about the infamous, "Decision." Each criticized Lebron James' "If you can't beat'em join'em" attitude and for giving up and creating a super-team. I think Reggie didn't want it to be like that. If he couldn't do it on his own then he simply was not going to do it.
    Could not have said it better myself.

just a little story for you --- tmj. as a kid i used to worship jeff george. i had all of his rookie football cards and collected everything jeff george. i was planning to go to a preseason game and made my mom take me to the drug store to buy a sharpie pen...

anyways, so we get to the game, me and my friend, and we go stand in the hoosier dome by the tunnel. guess who comes out? jeff george! we yelled for him and he came our way.....

and i gave him my card to sign.

but...

the sharpie didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at that point there were a ton of kids around and jeff starts giving it to me about how my pen doesn't work. he throws it on the ground, then autographs my card with some kid's blue bic ball point pen, bending up the card in his hand to be able to sign it, in the process.

long story short - these things happen. don't put anybody so high that when they inevitably slip up, it is crushing.

just bc you are blocked via twitter from reggie doesn't mean you can't get to him some other way. Write him a letter.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

Think of it like this (and I hope this helps):

It's not personal. It's just business.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    just a little story for you --- tmj. as a kid i used to worship jeff george. i had all of his rookie football cards and collected everything jeff george. i was planning to go to a preseason game and made my mom take me to the drug store to buy a sharpie pen...

anyways, so we get to the game, me and my friend, and we go stand in the hoosier dome by the tunnel. guess who comes out? jeff george! we yelled for him and he came our way.....

and i gave him my card to sign.

but...

the sharpie didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at that point there were a ton of kids around and jeff starts giving it to me about how my pen doesn't work. he throws it on the ground, then autographs my card with some kid's blue bic ball point pen, bending up the card in his hand to be able to sign it, in the process.

long story short - these things happen. don't put anybody so high that when they inevitably slip up, it is crushing.

just bc you are blocked via twitter from reggie doesn't mean you can't get to him some other way. Write him a letter.
    A GREAT post.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I don't understand why it's an issue for me to say that... Because Reggie DIDN'T do those things despite many, many chances... So I was basically saying that Reggie stuck to his guns and stayed loyal to his team where "others" have not.

It was the furthest thing from dissing Reggie possible.

In hindsight, yes I suppose it was stirring the pot a bit... But not at Reggie's expense, that's for darn sure! I was sticking up for him and his legacy, not trying to demean him.
    My man, if what you said you posted is true (which I believe you) and he blocked you for that , it was either an accident, or he was being very petty

Even though we dont like it, there people just like you and I

dont let it bother you man
    Sittin on top of the world!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

May very well just be blocking anyone involved in noise, no matter the side of the noise they were on.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I honestly still can't believe he stayed here after someone burned his house down.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think you also have to look at the LeBron angle as to why Reggie may have blocked you. You essentially dissed another player, and as a talking head of the NBA, Reggie may have just not wanted that on his wall all together. I doubt Reggie wants an ESPN headline on the NBA page saying "Reggie Disses LeBron in his twitter".