View Poll Results: Pick the ten guys you'd want in the rotation.

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roy Hibbert

    93 100.00%
  • Jeff Foster

    71 76.34%
  • Solomon Jones

    1 1.08%
  • Josh McRoberts

    86 92.47%
  • Tyler Hansborough

    83 89.25%
  • Magnum Rolle

    18 19.35%
  • Danny Granger

    93 100.00%
  • Paul George

    86 92.47%
  • James Posey

    38 40.86%
  • Mike Dunleavy

    77 82.80%
  • Brandon Rush

    73 78.49%
  • Dahntay Jones

    10 10.75%
  • Lance Stephenson

    26 27.96%
  • Darren Collison

    91 97.85%
  • AJ Price

    69 74.19%
  • TJ Ford

    15 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Who's your ten-man rotation?

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Assume that everyone is healthy and unsuspended.

    Who do you want to see on the court? This isn't necessarily who will win you the most games... who do you want to see?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Collison, Stephenson
    Rush, George
    Granger, Dunleavy
    McRoberts, Hansbrough
    Hibbert, Foster

  3. #3
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    I took the developmental approach so I left some vets out of the rotation.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Collison/AJ
    Rush/Lance
    Granger/Paul
    McBob/Hans
    Hibbert/Foster

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison/AJ
    Rush/Lance
    Granger/Paul
    McBob/Hans
    Hibbert/Rolle
    Same here but Foster, I wanna see what Magnum got
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-05-2010 at 09:03 PM.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here
    ditto

  8. #7
    play harder! focused444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    610
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    wow... I had to make some hard decisions which is a good thing. Particularly Foster and Posey.

    Collison/AJ
    Rush/Lance
    Granger/Paul
    McBob/Hans
    Hibbert/Rolle

  9. #8

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here but Foster, I wanna see what Magnum got
    See, I had this problem. I'd like to play Dun, but he's least likely of the four shooting guards (Rush, Lance, PG, Dun) to be part of the future, so I took him out.

    With Foster, I think he'll be here until he retires. So I'm okay with sitting Magnum for him. (So long as Foster is actually better)

  10. #9
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    I went with:

    Collison/Stephenson
    Dunleavy/George
    Granger/Posey
    McRoberts/Hansbrough (Or other way around I couldn't care less)
    Hibbert/Foster

    Got to have Foster in there as the backup. I think benching him for Magnum is just plain silly. Magnum needs alot of work, and his production level will be similar to Solomon's for a while.

    Foster is an extremely good rebounder, even with a bad back, and he moves the ball around very well, and makes good cuts.

    Foster has also been the solid rock of the Pacers through thick and thin.

    I also feel bad for leaving Brandon out, but he's really going to have a tough time getting back with his suspension with Dunleavy, George, Stephenson, and Posey all chomping at the bit for the playing time. Brandon has had a history of playing like crap for the first couple of months of the season, and it probably isn't going to change.

    This could be the beggining of the end for Brandon Rush with the Indiana Pacers. Sad, but he has consistently failed. I like him as a player February-April (even though he can still be more aggresive), but it's not worth the wait.

    Jim has said that it was his spot to lose, and he has lost it getting suspended.

    I want to see Posey get some real minutes as he and George share the 6th man role. They can both splash the three, play smothering defense, and all out hustle. Posey and Foster are going to be the good ol' elder statesmen. And I want to see them play together at some point.

    Hate to leave AJ out, but it looks like he needs work conditioning. And even though Stephenson is bad at defense, at least he can get out and run and is a big time prospect.

  11. #10
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    I cannot believe Collison is not 100%.

    Also, people have short memories. Dunleavy was as good as Granger just 3 seasons ago. You will see that the dude is not dead yet. Don't forget that Murphleavy was the problem, not Dunleavy. Considering our PF will not stretch the floor this year, be ready for a healthy dose of Mike, Brandon and Danny on the perimeter. Hopefully George too.

    Collison/AJ
    Dunleavy/Rush
    Granger/Paul
    McBob/Hans
    Hibbert/Foster

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  13. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Collison/Price
    Rush/George (possibly flipped if I like what I see from Paul by January)
    Granger/Posey (could be persuaded to say Mike Dunleavy instead)
    McRoberts/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Foster

  14. #12
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    went through it quick and did it from the gut... interesting having OPTIONS. I ended up with:
    DC/TJ
    MDJ/Brush
    Granger/George
    McRob/Hans
    Hibbert/Foster
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  15. #13

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Collison/Ford
    Dunleavy/George
    Granger/Posey
    McRoberts/Hans
    Roy/Foster

  16. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    I want to see:

    Collison/Price
    Dunleavy/George
    Granger/Posey/Dunleavy
    Hasbrough/Posey/McBob - depending on matchups
    Hibbert/Foster

    Either Rush or Jones (or both) need to be traded if only because it isn't going to be possible to keep all the wings happy with limited playing time.

    Also, Posey is going to be one of our better players this year at both forward positions. I could potentially see him starting in some situations.

  17. #15
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    The poll is pretty confusing, but here's mine.

    PG Collison/Price
    SG Dunleavy/Rush (George)
    SF Granger/George
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert/Foster

  18. #16

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    So confused why nobody likes Dahntay Jones?

  19. #17
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot believe Collison is not 100%.

    Also, people have short memories. Dunleavy was as good as Granger just 3 seasons ago. You will see that the dude is not dead yet. Don't forget that Murphleavy was the problem, not Dunleavy. Considering our PF will not stretch the floor this year, be ready for a healthy dose of Mike, Brandon and Danny on the perimeter. Hopefully George too.

    Collison/AJ
    Dunleavy/Rush
    Granger/Paul
    McBob/Hans
    Hibbert/Foster
    same same

  20. #18
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So confused why nobody likes Dahntay Jones?
    Ithink he may be done here. He brings nothing but his "D" which idk, has never looked too tremendous to me since he's been here. It's to painful watchinjg the ball get to him and knowing he CAN'T shoot it... Posey, Rush, and George all should be in before Dahntay i feel now. Kinda sad
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  21. #19
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    They have to get down to 15, Wells said they want a 2 for 1 trade, not likely. Said they are looking to move a wing. That basically means D Jones, Rush, Posey, or Dunleavy.

    I'd guess Dunleavy would be held until he can bring his value back up and be a nice chip at the trade deadline.

    It's not Paul George or Danny. I doubt it's Lance or he'd be gone already.

    So I mean it's getting narrowed down to Posey, Rush, and D Jones, imho.

    I think they value Posey's veteran savvy and he has a larger salary to swallow along with potential trade deadline value.

    Only reason I would think it's not D Jones is he's proven and is relatively cheap with two years left on his contract.

    I'm leaning towards Rush, not sure it's the right decision, but I'd understand why they did it. You wonder if he can get over the mental hurdle of applying his skills, ever.

    I think any of those 3 are available for the right trade, but I think it's near impossible to move a guy in preseason unless there's a long term injury. Teams just fool themselves to falling in love with their roster to easily. Easier to stand pat. Bird/Morway fight this and the fact that most teams are trying to get down to 15 not up to it.

    If Brandon looks exactly the same in the preseason as he has most of the past two years and Lance and Paul show promise, I'm guessing he's gone.

    I'd put D Jones as second even though he still has another year left. Posey as third with a slight savings with a buyout.

    Brandon makes sense to me, low salary, not shown dramatic improvement, one year contract, 5 game suspension. It kinda adds up, I think.

    Maybe you can trade Brandon to Dallas for a 2nd rounder?

    Of course I'm guessing. About 100 other things could happen, so who knows.
    Last edited by Speed; 10-06-2010 at 02:12 PM.

  22. #20
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Maybe you can trade Brandon to Dallas for a 2nd rounder?
    I understand your point, but trading Rush for a 2nd rounder would be a horrible deal IMO.

    They could get a much better deal during the season if they hadn't signed Rolle without having a roster space for him.

    I know they wanted to keep Rolle but if trading Rush for a 2nd rounder is the option, I'm wondering why they didn't pass on Rolle and trade Rush straight for a proven PF if that is what the Pacers need.

    However, since there's nothing we can do concerning the 16 spots we're having now, I just hope that it's S.Jones who will be cut. That still leaves us Rush or whoever as a trading chip.

    I think S.Jones would neither play a big role next season nor would he help us in getting a good trade.
    Thank you Jeff.

  23. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison/Price
    Rush/George (possibly flipped if I like what I see from Paul by January)
    Granger/Posey (could be persuaded to say Mike Dunleavy instead)
    McRoberts/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Foster
    i like that 1 the best

  24. #22
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,633

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    As the team roster stands right now...

    DC, TJ
    Dunleavy, George
    Granger, Posey
    McRoberts, Hansbrough
    Hibbert, Foster


    I left off AJ instead of TJ because despite AJ's promise, he's coming off an injury and TJ is great when he's the backup PG. If AJ's fully healthy, I think I'd choose him instead. Knee injuries take a while to get over and usually come with setbacks.

    I'd have to include Posey because he has too much savvy, he's too good a defender, and too much of a pure shooter to leave on the bench. I'd choose him over Rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  25. #23
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand your point, but trading Rush for a 2nd rounder would be a horrible deal IMO.

    They could get a much better deal during the season if they hadn't signed Rolle without having a roster space for him.

    I know they wanted to keep Rolle but if trading Rush for a 2nd rounder is the option, I'm wondering why they didn't pass on Rolle and trade Rush straight for a proven PF if that is what the Pacers need.

    However, since there's nothing we can do concerning the 16 spots we're having now, I just hope that it's S.Jones who will be cut. That still leaves us Rush or whoever as a trading chip.

    I think S.Jones would neither play a big role next season nor would he help us in getting a good trade.
    From what I was told, Magnum only has 50 grand guaranteed. Without a trade, he's almost surely the one who is gone.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  26. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Who's your ten-man rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knee injuries take a while to get over and usually come with setbacks.
    It is true that most knee injuries take a while, but when you typically hear about a knee injury it is a sprain, torn ACL, MCL, or something to do with the ligaments. A broken knee is a bone problem which typically have a much shorter recovery time to, and doesn't have much affect on the strength of the knee. The reason ligaments have such long recoveries is because your ligaments are what give your joints strength, stability, and flexibility. If you could withstand the pain a person could more easily play through a broken bone because the ligaments are still intact. While the same isn't true with a ligament which would cause your knee to just collapse under you.

Similar Threads

  1. Spot in Rotation for Ford? / Dahntay on block?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
  2. T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page
    By Brad8888 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM
  3. Mel's Musings (Rotation Thoughts)
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM
  4. What are playing times and team rotation going to be?
    By FinPacers in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
  5. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •