Thread: New England at Miami - Monday Night Football - 10/4/10

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default New England at Miami - Monday Night Football - 10/4/10

(2-1) The Patriots gave the Bills a nice 0-3 record last week, and are ready to make the Dolphins .500.

(2-1) The Dolphins fell short last week against the Jets but get another chance at a division rival this week.

Time: 8:30 PM ET

Television:
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: New England at Miami - Monday Night Football - 10/4/10

Thank you Pats D/Special teams! You secured a fantasy win for me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Miami gave that one away...can't throw 2 INT's, give up a kick return, get a punt blocked and get a field goal blocked. Jeez
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh dear...You forget the messiah like ascention of one Tom Brady to the lofty peak of 100 wins faster than any qb ever. Thus ensuring that the likes of Joe Montana and Dan Marino are forever doomed to carry his jockstrap around.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

asked what his 100th regualr season win meant to him:

Well, it's not something you ever even think about. Somebody mentioned it to me this week and I had no idea. As players we just prepare for the next game, try to get ready to do our job. All that other stuff takes care of itself. We are all about winning as a team, and doing that consistently is hard. I've played on a great team for my entire career with the same organization that's committed to winning. I'm privileged to be the quarterback on this team and I hope I'm here forever.

somehow the arrogance you project upon him, DaveP63, is a figment of your imagination fueled by a rather intense rivalry.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Good news for Dolphins fans they fired their special teams coach

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    asked what his 100th regualr season win meant to him:

Well, it's not something you ever even think about. Somebody mentioned it to me this week and I had no idea. As players we just prepare for the next game, try to get ready to do our job. All that other stuff takes care of itself. We are all about winning as a team, and doing that consistently is hard. I've played on a great team for my entire career with the same organization that's committed to winning. I'm privileged to be the quarterback on this team and I hope I'm here forever.

somehow the arrogance you project upon him, DaveP63, is a figment of your imagination fueled by a rather intense rivalry.
    Never directed, nor attributed to him, did I? Did I say Tom Brady said it? No. I don't believe that I did. While I personally do not care for Tom Brady, I do respect him. Very much so. I do not, however, hold the media in the same regard when the ink wasn't even dry on the box scores and ESPN was breathlessly reminding us of his "historic accomplishment"...That was what I was making reference to.
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Are you saying it wasn't an historic accomplishment? I thought the media downplayed it, if anything. It was not even mentioned in pregame promotions. You can bet if a media darling like Manning were going for that record, it would have been hyped 10X more.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I really don't give a flying crap. Good for him. Good for you. Moving on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying it wasn't an historic accomplishment? I thought the media downplayed it, if anything. It was not even mentioned in pregame promotions. You can bet if a media darling like Manning were going for that record, it would have been hyped 10X more.
    For God's sake, don't act like the whole east coast media isn't all on the Patsie's jockstraps when they are doing well.

I mean, commme on mannnnnnnnn. Trying to act like Peyton is the only media darling? LOL.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

ESPN has not had an exclusive interview with anyone associated with the Patriots for 3 years. NFL Network has, CBS, ABC, Fox all have, but not ESPN. The cold war with ESPN started when they loudly backed the made-up "taping the Ram's walkthrough"/Matt Walsh story right before the 2007 Super Bowl, a story that ESPN's sources, BUT NOT ESPN retracted, so... yeah. ESPN does not like the Patriots and the feeling is mutual.