Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Camp Day 2

Default Re: Training Camp Day 2

Dunleavy looks a lot better than last year. Granted it's early in camp but he has his legs under him.

PG is very active in the passing lanes. I see a lot of breakaways in his future!

I almost forgot how good a 3pt shooter Posey has been in the past.

Tj looks active and appears to be enjoying this team, hope he has a good season

I'd like to see more footage of Roy being active and involved

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunleavy looks a lot better than last year. Granted it's early in camp but he has his legs under him.

PG is very active in the passing lanes. I see a lot of breakaways in his future!

I almost forgot how good a 3pt shooter Posey has been in the past.

Tj looks active and appears to be enjoying this team, hope he has a good season

I'd like to see more footage of Roy being active and involved
    Couldn't agree more with all of this.

And I completely forgot as well, man Posey has a smooth 3 point shot.

His percentage is starting to drift downward now that he's into his 30's.

Its fallen from 40.3 in 05-06 to 37.5, 38.0, 36.9 to 33.5 last season.

Banned

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...r-the-rookies/

THE ‘BURBS – What a difference a day can make.
    The Pacers three rookies – Paul George, Lance Stephenson and Magnum Rolle – looked overwhelmed on the first day of training camp Tuesday.

That wasn’t the case 24 hours later.

The Pacers were in the midst of a three-team scrimmage – gold, blue and white – when the media started to watch practice (Jim O’Brien does a good job of letting the media watch a good portion of practice).
    The first team that scored stayed on the court.

The blue team consisted of the “starters.” Collison, Dunleavy, Granger, McRoberts and Hibbert.

The white squad was Ford, D. Jones, S. Jones, Hansbrough and Allred.

The gold squad was Stephenson, George, Rolle, Posey and Foster.

Guess what team dominated the scrimmage?

Don’t even think of saying the starters.
    The gold team gave the other two teams the business.

It got so bad at one point that O’Brien told the gold team to stop running the same play because the other two teams couldn’t stop them.

Stephenson is so crafty with the ball and he knows how to muscle his way to basket and get a shot off. He also played some shooting guard.

I must warn you, though, team officials were right when they said Stephenson has a lot of work ahead of him if he expects to be an average defender.

Defense definitely isn’t his specialty.

I was really impressed with Rolle.

He’s so active on the glass. He pursues the ball until he can’t anymore. Rolle went through a stretch of about four straight possessions where he either outhustled the other team for the loose ball, grabbed the rebound or got a tip in.

It also helped Rolle that he was on the same team as Foster, who, too, has a motor that doesn’t stop.

The rookies will have their fair share of up-and-down days, but you can see why the Pacers like each one of them

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I like Lance (as a player, at least). But he's the 4th-quickest guy on the team at best.
    They said Bird was slow, too. But he was actually very quick in his first step and with certain small moves with the basketball.

I think Lance is similar. But, yes, he wouldn't win the 40 yard dash.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Lance is agile, sudden, quick. TJ is straight line fast. To me, quick and fast are completely different things. Then you can break down even further, with the ball, with a purpose/basketgall IQ, and change of pace usage. It's really not as simple as it seems.
    Last edited by Speed; 09-30-2010 at 09:21 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Man PG is long. Dude comes out of nowhere in the passing lanes.

'm hoping that they aren't filming Roy that much because they are trying to keep his game a secret form opposing teams, cause in the film I am seeing he is getting out worked.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Funny no one said anything about the "PD Golden Child Collison"... like I said before I still think that he is unproven and has a low ceiling... hopefully his play in the video I have seen for the past couple of days will not be an indicator of how he will play in the season.

I know I'm probably the only one that feels this way... but oh well

Mood

We haven't heard much about granger and hibbert either. In fact by all accounts solomon jones has outplayed them so far.

Oh well I guess danny is just a flash in the pan, and roy is going to regress this year.

Shucks.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    We haven't heard much about granger and hibbert either. In fact by all accounts solomon jones has outplayed them so far.

Oh well I guess danny is just a flash in the pan, and roy is going to regress this year.

Shucks.
    Lol, I'd imagine for both Roy and Danny, the goal is just to get through training camp and preseason with any injuries.

Mood

No sir. Apparently these scrimmages are valid evaluations of a players expectations for the regular season, beyond that apparently we can accurately predict a players potential ceilings based on them. I'm afraid that just like Darren, both Danny and Roy will be victims of this preseason litmus test and lead us nowhere but nowhere.

Mood

No sir. Apparently these scrimmages are valid evaluations of a players expectations for the regular season, beyond that apparently we can accurately predict a players potential ceilings based on them. I'm afraid that just like Darren, both Danny and Roy will be victims of this preseason litmus test and lead us nowhere but nowhere.
    Please don't write in Bright Green again it is extremely hard to read... and as far as preseason, check out the teams that continue to win and have great players... They go hard in preseason making sure that they start out the season with momentum. From the looks of it some of the Pacers seem to be following this pattern while others aren't. I will have to say that what I think we really need is a leader.

As far as Collison I just feel that he is so unproven and even from last seasons play I feel he has a low ceiling... I guess we will see in the future if I am right or wrong.

But on a positive note Posey looks like he will be a really good contributor and Mike Dunleavy looks good again. Just adding that to the other positive stuff that has already been said in this forum.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shucks.
    wow ll thats all i can say

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Lots of jumpshots from distance... I'm wondering if scrimmaging like this without some coaches acting as referees might be reinforcing the habit of not driving to the basket to get a trip to the foul line?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Lance is agile, sudden, quick. TJ is straight line fast. To me, quick and fast are completely different things. Then you can break down even further, with the ball, with a purpose/basketgall IQ, and change of pace usage. It's really not as simple as it seems.
    thats the word i was lookin for thank ya it seems like he skips st8 to 5th gear by passing 3&4 gear If he works on his D watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Please don't write in Bright Green again it is extremely hard to read... and as far as preseason, check out the teams that continue to win and have great players... They go hard in preseason making sure that they start out the season with momentum. From the looks of it some of the Pacers seem to be following this pattern while others aren't. I will have to say that what I think we really need is a leader.
    Green indicates that it's sarcasm. And plus, just highlight the text and it's a lot easier on the eyes.

Lance isn't necessarily quick IMO, he just has a great hesitation move in his arsenal and is very deceiving about when he is going to change gears.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Lance's biggest asset is his strength, he can bull doze his way to the hole. He is like a "Tyler" SG
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Green indicates that it's sarcasm. And plus, just highlight the text and it's a lot easier on the eyes.
    ok thanks, I will remember that int he future..

Thursday Scrimmage is up on pacers.com
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2010...265/index.html

Dun-Dun may start at SG this year but as we all know, it's ONLY becuz Brandon is suspended and JOB has always had a problem with developing his rookies. Paul George is already better than Dun-Dun if you play NBA basketball with your DEFENSE dictating your OFFENSE. The Pacer BS of going up and down the court and giving UP as much as you score if DUMB. JOB needs to put the best athletes on the court and let them PLAY at least 25 minutes per game. We need guys on the court who can cause MISMATCHES. Dun-Dun doesn't create any kind of mismatch. Paul George at SG, Lance Stephenson at PG, Magnum Rolle (with his quickness, speed down the court, and mid-range shooting prowess) at PF will ALL create mismatches. I like McBob at PF but you can tell that he wants to take the shot behind the 3pt line and he will now spot up there and shoot it when he gets the rock passed to him. McBob is best suited near the rim where his nasty attitude helps the team when he get rebounds, starts the break, and he runs the court to finish at the rim. If we continue to play this pansy-antsy game of 3pt shooting again this year, I'll puke with all the athletes we have now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Lance isn't necessarily quick IMO, he just has a great hesitation move in his arsenal and is very deceiving about when he is going to change gears.
    He is very shifty.