Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

Jeff George had much better O-lines than Cutler ever had.

If you put pressure on Cutler -- like most QBs -- he struggles. Its not that Cutler is dumb, he's plenty smart for a QB. Its that he doesn't have time.

Grossman wasn't the problem either. In spite of the Bears' revolving door of "franchise QBs", the lack of skill at QB hasn't been the problem.

With their lousy O-line, crappy receivers, and lack of a legit running game, it doesn't matter who is playing QB. Greg Olson in a great TE, though.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's what I was trying to get at last night, but I was drunk.

Cutler is good, but he has no line, and when your best WR is a kick returner things are going to probably not be so good....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I was trying to get at last night, but I was drunk.

Cutler is good, but he has no line, and when your best WR is a kick returner things are going to probably not be so good....
    yes we should have traded for randy moss or vincent jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Okay, ignoring the hyperbole of my "50%" comment, I'm tired of arguing with you. Argue with Nielsen.

(Pretty sure Tom posted the original article back in training camp.)

The Cowboys have a 23% lead over the second-place Steelers. That's a huge lead for this type of index, where one "should" start with an assumption that each of the 32 teams have an equal chance of popularity (or an equal 3.125% share).

http://playerpress.com/articles/1133...arity-rankings

Here's the original... I knew I had it somewhere.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...sure-rankings/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...782758620.html

#1 on national TV, #1 on the internet. Maybe its not 1/2 the total quantity of NFL fans, but a 23% lead over the Steelers and a (100-70)/70 = 3/7 = ~50% (I suck at simple math) lead over the #3 NY Giants.

It ain't close.
    The real question is how many are fans of the Cowboys when they are winning and are no where to be found when they are losing?

The Redskins have annoyed the hell out of me in recent years, but that is one thing you can say about our fan base. We may get upset, and we may even harass our owner and beg him to sell the team, but the fans keep showing up EVERY game and they keep giving the man money.

No whether that is loyalty, stupidity, or a little bit of both......that is a different story

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

The Cowboys have two different fan bases. Actual Cowboys fans, and there are a lot of them, and people that only pay attention to the NFL when the Cowboys are winning.

Those are, of course, the same people that only pay attention to the NBA when the Lakers are winning, etc.

There is an astronomically large number of those front-running fans.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Yeah, that is what I was getting at.

Then again I would think most NFL teams have those fans (of course the Cowboys have more, much the same way the Yankees and Lakers have more)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    The real question is how many are fans of the Cowboys when they are winning and are no where to be found when they are losing?

The Redskins have annoyed the hell out of me in recent years, but that is one thing you can say about our fan base. We may get upset, and we may even harass our owner and beg him to sell the team, but the fans keep showing up EVERY game and they keep giving the man money.

No whether that is loyalty, stupidity, or a little bit of both......that is a different story
    As Jay alluded to, Bears fans are the same way.

That list is interesting. It seems that teams who are doing well recently veer toward the top. I'll bet anything the Rams were hovering near the top 10 a decade ago. And the Colts will be in the 20s a couple years after Manning retires. Meanwhile, teams like the Redskins, Steelers, Bears, Cowboys, and Packers will stay near the top no matter what.

The DeAngelo Hall-Jay Cutler feud has a back story, dating to September of 2008, when the Broncos whipped the Raiders on Monday Night Football and Eddie Royal had an enormous debut. The then-rookie recorded nine receptions for 146 yards and two touchdowns, "most of it against Hall," according to reports. Here's a note from the Denver Post that week:
    With Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall missing the opener to serve his one-game suspension, Mike Shanahan built his game plan around Royal beating Hall. Afterward, Hall said the Broncos outschemed the Raiders - a term that points a finger at the coaching staff. Cutler scoffed at that notion. "We played one-on-one football with them; we didn't outscheme them," Cutler said. "Eddie Royal beat DeAngelo Hall time after time after time. That's what happened."
    Other reports indicated that Cutler laughed while saying this. Then this week, after Hall tied the NFL record for interceptions against Cutler, the quarterback remained unimpressed, saying "if we had to play them tomorrow, I'd go at him every time, if we could."
    During a late-morning appearance on SportsCenter, that clip was played for Hall, who laughed in turn.

"You know what man, Jay's a little bit, he don't really understand, I guess, the game, the game of football," Hall said on Monday. "And in the game of football, you're gonna see guys several times in their career. You know, he completed four passes against me when I was out in Oakland and he was in Denver on a Monday Night Football game, and I knew leading up to the game he was still feeling good about that. He made some smart, snide comments about that after that game, so I knew definitely he was gonna try to come out there and try me, and it didn't work for him."
    Later, Hall was asked about the Bears' offensive personnel.
    "They've got some great players, they've got some great players," he said. "They've definitely got some players out there, man....Jay's a good quarterback. He has that swagger and that confidence that you like out of your quarterback. If he's on your team, you love him to death, you'll ride or die with him. if he's not on your team, he's a guy that's gonna get into it with almost everybody on the field....They've got the weapons. They've got the weapons, man. But I guess our scheme and our guys just wanted it a little bit more that day."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs..._jay.html#more

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DeAngelo Hall
    But I guess our scheme and our guys just wanted it a little bit more that day.

In a game that featured nine turnovers, I'm not sure either team can claim to have wanted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post

In a game that featured nine turnovers, I'm not sure either team can claim to have wanted it more.
    This is true, but clearly he was taking the high road while still taking a cheap shot at Jay.

I mean really, is Cutler stupid?

BUMP!

LOL! When I originally posted, I said I was going back to the Pacers forum, which I did, and never looked at any rebuttal posts of my posts until now. LOL at some rebuttal posts I just read!!

Yes, I'm a Bears fan, I go back over 6 decades as a Bears fan. I've lived in the Indy metro area most of my adult life. I LIKE Indy as a city, and other than going to visit Chicago for their sites, games, and entertainment I have NO love for the City of Chicago. I extremely dislike the city of Chicago as a city, but you can't deny the championships of their sports teams. The only city in the midwest I dislike more than Chicago is Detroit. Unfortunately in order to visit Canada, I have to go thru it, GRRR, and their sports teams have numerous championships too.

I posted originally b/c I felt the Bears were legit, and at a 11-4 record and having won their conference I feel they are. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Nah, but then if the Colts get in the playoffs neither will they. It's still fun to watch and cheer our teams play tho. I'll be rooting for my #1 team the Bears, and then my #2 team ......................................the COLTS. If they should meet in the Super Bowl again, I'll still be rooting for the Bears to win, but I sure won't be devasted if the Colts win. Just like last time. Devastation is when the Colts get carved up by the Saints like a Thanksgiving turkey. I hope to never have to witness that ever again. I can relate to how the Redskins fans felt in 85.

I must admit reading the thread again was entertaining. Some posters might want to go back and change their comments about the Bears. LOL!

Have a good day and stay warm.

Depending on how you define 'legit, sure...., as long as Cutler isn't
    consistently under relentless pressure.

Hall should send Cutler a text thanking him for getting into the Pro Bowl

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Hall should send Cutler a text thanking him for getting into the Pro Bowl
    lol ya cutler thoght he was a bear for some reason that game. I still can't understand how we lose to the skins lol.