Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

That last post was graet

We all have minor disorders, hell my g.f. says I have some major ones. Just take your time and remember not to type everything in caps and you will be ok as far as I am concerned.

As far as the Giants Redskins game, for the amount I am paying for tickets and for the Tailgate Club pre-game festivities, I better have snyder polishing my shoes and making me braekfast........for a month.

Then again I am the sucker who keeps buying tickets (and who has season tickets) and I love going to the games (that when win)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That last post was graet

We all have minor disorders, hell my g.f. says I have some major ones. Just take your time and remember not to type everything in caps and you will be ok as far as I am concerned.

As far as the Giants Redskins game, for the amount I am paying for tickets and for the Tailgate Club pre-game festivities, I better have snyder polishing my shoes and making me braekfast........for a month.

Then again I am the sucker who keeps buying tickets (and who has season tickets) and I love going to the games (that when win)
    lol it will be fun i love tailgating

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Bears may make the playoffs but I caution any team's fan not to get too excited. Remember last years Bronco's? 6-0 start, only to miss the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/den/2009.htm

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Bloomington's love for Chicago sports teams (except the Sox), baffles me.
    It's because there are so many people from Chicago/Northern Indiana who attend IU.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    AP Underwater Basket Weaving based on Warren Central's usual curriculum.
    Is this really how you want to treat people? I get the bantering back and forth, and I think he's been a pretty good sport about the whole thing. Reading posts in text messaging form irrates me too, but I deal with it by either taking the extra few minutes and deciphering it, or I just ignore it and move on.

I think he's handled the situation on the main forum quite admirably, to be honest. He's had every right to pack up and move on, and even has the right to label this place as ******** etc.

You're better than that comment.

I don't want to come off like your mom scolding you, but I just don't think it's anyone's place to crack jokes at anyone's intelligence level or atleast their writing level.

Everyone hates feeling left out of cliques, even if you don't want to admit it. I just think it sends the wrong message. The purpose of the board is supposed to be all inclusive, and I seriously doubt he feels welcome.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Is this really how you want to treat people? I get the bantering back and forth, and I think he's been a pretty good sport about the whole thing. Reading posts in text messaging form irrates me too, but I deal with it by either taking the extra few minutes and deciphering it, or I just ignore it and move on.

I think he's handled the situation on the main forum quite admirably, to be honest. He's had every right to pack up and move on, and even has the right to label this place as ******** etc.

I don't want to come off like your mom scolding you, but I just don't think it's anyone's place to crack jokes at anyone's intelligence level or atleast their writing level.

Everyone hates feeling left out of cliques, even if you don't want to admit it. I just think it sends the wrong message. The purpose of the board is supposed to be all inclusive, and I seriously doubt he feels welcome.
    Fair point. I was just having a little fun as someone that attended high school in Indy.

I'll delete it though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I've never posted on the Colts board b4, seldom/hardly have ever read it, but being a "life long" BEARS fan, long b4 most all on this board were a twinkle in your father's eye, I will say that there are some obnoxious Colts fan's comments in this thread. I've gone thru the days of great Bears "D" with no offensive when a .500 season was a GREAT year. I remember season after season for decades when the Bears never had a decent QB with the likes of Bobby Douglas, etc. When the only "O" was Walter or Gayle. I remember loving to watch the Bears great "D" punish teams with players 99% of you have never heard of b4. BUT then I remember the Bears winning "2 Super Bowls" in 63 and 85 with Wade and McMahon as QB.

Now, I'll put in my 2 cents. Other than Peyton, who was the other QB to win a SB for the Colts? Some have laughed with their smugness at the Colts beating the Bears in the SB, but I didn't see anyone mentioning Drew carving up the Colts in last years SB with hitting something like 34 out of 39 passes. Why is that?

As far as the city of Chicago, I remember when they had 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, a hockey team, and a NBA team. I was cheering for the Go Go Sox with Nellie, Luis, Sherm, Jumping Jim, etc when got embarrassed by the Dodgers in the World Series while all the City of Indianapolis had was the Indians, an AAA affilate of the Cleveland Indians.

I remember all too well the laughing stock early Pacers teams of the NBA, and all those SIX NBA championships the CHICAGO Bulls have. So lets not knock the city of Chicago with their Bear SB wins and Bulls NBA championchips. Nor the fact that the Cubs have some of the loyalists fans in sports. If only Indianapolis could brag like Chicago can, we all would have smiles on our faces.

Just remember the early Colts seasons, and then ask yourselves who is going to replace Peyton in the future. Just enjoy what you have had b/c it won't last. The Colts are one injury away from being mediocre at best.

The Colts are never going to win another SB until they get a "D" that can stop teams from scoring. Colts couldn't prior to the SB win, and they can't now. I've seen too much O'Brien philosophy of little "D" and trying to just outscore their opponents. If the Colts are to ever win another SB with Manning, they had better put together "D" that can stop teams, b/c they don't have it now.

Let the Bears fans revel in their 3-0 record as long as they can. I can guarantee from being a life time Bears fan it's better than being 0-3.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

There will always be people out there who pick on people and try to make them self look better. Thanks for the post i try to ingnore ignorance. This world is full of it I am ignorant all the time. it is just part of life unfortunately. It is a very good life lesson good post man.

Please dont dis Warren it is a very good school it gets a bad rap. but we have great teachers and Some students who want to learn get taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    As far as the city of Chicago, I remember when they had 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, a hockey team, and a NBA team. I was cheering for the Go Go Sox with Nellie, Luis, Sherm, Jumping Jim, etc when got embarrassed by the Dodgers in the World Series while all the City of Indianapolis had was the Indians, an AAA affilate of the Cleveland Indians.

I remember all too well the laughing stock early Pacers teams of the NBA, and all those SIX NBA championships the CHICAGO Bulls have. So lets not knock the city of Chicago with their Bear SB wins and Bulls NBA championchips. Nor the fact that the Cubs have some of the loyalists fans in sports. If only Indianapolis could brag like Chicago can, we all would have smiles on our faces.
    Big deal. Chicago is a bigger city than Indianapolis, thus it has more pro sports teams that have been around longer. That is nothing to bag about.

The Cubs are a joke of a franchise. The White Sox went 88 years between WS championships, the Blackhawks went 50 years between Stanley Cup titles, and the Bears are a middle of the pack NFL franchise. What have the Bulls done since Jordan? The Bulls of the past decade make the early 80s Pacers look pretty good in comparison.

The Colts won more games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest QB of all time. I know that pisses off Bears fans since theirs is a franchise associated more than any other with crappy QB play.

Indy has become a shining star of the Midwest while Chicago chokes on its chronic congestion, corruption, and high taxes.

Mood

lol I know I'm probably late but the D is Legit, but the O will hold you guys up, mainly the running game and Cutler throwing pics... he tried to hold it together the first two games but he couldn't resist throwing a couple of wild and forced balls the last game...

I think p4e's take on the bears is mostly goofy/insane--though I think they're better than some in this thread suggest--but his recent post about grammar/usage was dead-on. Dissing his education is stupid, and associating one's use of Standard Written English (ie Standard White English) with one's intelligence is even worse. You can question his rhetorical choice of typing in textspeak on a message board--especially this message board, one that rarely deviates from SWE--but people intentionlly speak in "non-standard" dialects all the time, and for reasons very seldomly associated w/ intelligence lol
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post

The Colts won more REGULAR SEASON games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB of all time.
    fixed the important omissions
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Nerd.
    Mood

THATS HOW 'PACER4EVER' LEAVES HIS LYFE NOW. LET"S PLESE MOEV ON.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    lol I know I'm probably late but the D is Legit, but the O will hold you guys up, mainly the running game and Cutler throwing pics... he tried to hold it together the first two games but he couldn't resist throwing a couple of wild and forced balls the last game...
    ya cutler just needs to maker smarter throws no triple cover.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    fixed the important omissions
    thats great do u want a cookie??

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every summer, whether they are going to be any good or not, the Bears marketing arm (commonly known as the Chicago Tribune) begins talking them up as Super Bowl contenders.

Look, I get that Bears fans love thier team. That's admirable. But they're pretty stupid about thier enthusiasm, too. (Kordell Stewart was the answer to their problems at the beginning of the decade, remember?)

I would welcome the opportunity for more football conversations with actual real-live people in Chicago if the conversations every year weren't the same: "The Packers SUCK! Brett Favre is a choker. I don't know what's wrong with the Bears, they've got the talent this year to win it all, they just need an X."

When the reality is this, X = offensive line, defensive line, secondary, QB, recievers, AND running back.

Ugh.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I can't speak without bias in this thread. Like Adam, I was at IU during the Colts/Bears Super Bowl year, and those fans were ****ing asshats. My roommate was a typical obnoxious Bears fan and still owes me $100 from that game. When me and my other roommates would throw facts at him, he would delve into attacking the city of Indianapolis and talking about all the titles Chicago has won in all sports, etc. Very similar to the Justin Tyme post above.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I can't speak without bias in this thread. Like Adam, I was at IU during the Colts/Bears Super Bowl year, and those fans were ****ing asshats. My roommate was a typical obnoxious Bears fan and still owes me $100 from that game. When me and my other roommates would throw facts at him, he would delve into attacking the city of Indianapolis and talking about all the titles Chicago has won in all sports, etc. Very similar to the Justin Tyme post above.
    rex grossman should of won MVP for that game he helped the colts so much lol I still have nightmares about that game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Every summer, whether they are going to be any good or not, the Bears marketing arm (commonly known as the Chicago Tribune) begins talking them up as Super Bowl contenders.

Look, I get that Bears fans love thier team. That's admirable. But they're pretty stupid about thier enthusiasm, too. (Kordell Stewart was the answer to their problems at the beginning of the decade, remember?)

I would welcome the opportunity for more football conversations with actual real-live people in Chicago if the conversations every year weren't the same: "The Packers SUCK! Brett Favre is a choker. I don't know what's wrong with the Bears, they've got the talent this year to win it all, they just need an X."

When the reality is this, X = offensive line, defensive line, secondary, QB, recievers, AND running back.

Ugh.
    i did not like Kordell Stewart at all i actually liked orton the best. but i understand why they traded for cutler. They should of kept kyle and traded for bradon marshall and some o line help. We wont be real contenders till we adress our O line and Wr core and fire Lovie. the colts would injury cutler after a Qt because of the pass rush. Lovie would of cost us the gm wk 1 if we lost with all the dumb play callin

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post

Big deal. Chicago is a bigger city than Indianapolis, thus it has more pro sports teams that have been around longer. That is nothing to bag about.

The Colts won more games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest QB of all time. I know that pisses off Bears fans since theirs is a franchise associated more than any other with crappy QB play.

I guess SA is bigger than Indy too, right? How many NBA championships do they have? They won those while the Pacers had something like 17 years in the playoffs.

Milwaukee is bigger too right? NBA & WS championships.

Not to mention that HUGH metropolitan city of Green Bay with their SB wins.
    Just in case you haven't got it figured out, size hasn't anything to do with it.

With all those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more wins, that doesn't say much for Peyton's "ONE" SB win. Now, does it? He was the Fran Tarkington 2.0 b4 winning the SB. It took him 7 trys to get that monkey off his back.

I was born in Naptown, and I like Indy, but they have a difficult time supporting sports franchises. People have wanted a MLB team in Indy ever since I can remember, long b4 the Pacers and Colts, but the cold hard facts is INDIANAPOLIS can't support one. The truth is Indy has a hard time supporting the Colts and Pacers now, and we all know it.

Chicago has it's problems, but lets face it so does Indy. There are areas of Indy I don't feel comfortable with visiting without being accompanied by my friends Smith-Wesson. And your comment about Chicago's traffic is spot on. I hate having to drive in Chicago where they drive with one foot on the gas and the other foot on the brake. Where you don't dare allow 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you unless you want a driver to pull in that space and then hit the brakes. AND if at all possible NEVER during rush hour!

Just remember, it's great being a Colts fan, but don't look down your nose through rose colored glasses at Bears fans... there are more of US, we've been around longer, and the BEARS have more SB wins. This is the team that GH owned, coached, and didn't sneak into Chicago in Mayflower vans.

I'll retire back to the Pacers forum now that I've made my comments about my beloved BEARS. Carry on troops and have a GREAT DAY!

And right there is exactly why I can't stand Bears' fans.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Congratulations. You have shown us all that the 3rd largest US city (and 26th largest area in the entire world) is superior to Indianapolis. Well done. Had I not read your post, I would have continued to ignorantly hold Chicago and Indy on equal footing. Thanks for straightening things out.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Congratulations. You have shown us all that the 3rd largest US city (and 26th largest area in the entire world) is superior to Indianapolis. sort of. Well done. Had I not read your post, I would have continued to ignorantly hold Chicago and Indy on equal footing. Thanks for straightening things out.
    Fixed.

Honestly, the only other major metro area I would want to be around right now from a business stand point is Charlotte. Indy is growing at a rapid amazing pace, the JW Marriott downtown is proof of this and will arguably be one of the nicest hotels in the world upon completion. Indy will be hosting a Super Bowl, will Chicago? I don't think so.

We beat out Chicago for the Big Ten tourney and football championship game. We are the capital of amateur sports, period. It's not even up for debate.

Chicago is big, it has lots of skyscrapers and a ton more people, but which horse would I rather hitch my wagon to right now? Indianapolis, by a mile.

I say this as a business school graduate who could make a much higher salary in Chicago, but would also have an infinitely higher cost of living. Indy is booming right now, both the state and the city are showing incredible growth. Chicago is huge, we know this, but it's also stagnant in a lot of ways with a bloated economic system. I love the city of Chicago as a place to visit, it's a lot of fun, tons of shops etc. However, that is quickly becoming less and less important. Indy is getting a lot of the stores that used to be Chicago staples (a new North Face store for example is opening up right across from my office within the next couple weeks).

Are we as big as Chicago? Nope, we aren't. We probably won't ever be, but would I rather live here, yep, not even a second thought on that one.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 09-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Just remember, it's great being a Colts fan, but don't look down your nose through rose colored glasses at Bears fans... there are more of US, we've been around longer, and the BEARS have more SB wins. This is the team that GH owned, coached, and didn't sneak into Chicago in Mayflower vans.

I'll retire back to the Pacers forum now that I've made my comments about my beloved BEARS. Carry on troops and have a GREAT DAY!

You do not have more Super Bowl wins - you have 1. The Indianapolis Colts have 1 and the Colts franchise itself has 2 if you include the Baltimore one. I suppose by "SB wins" you meant championships in general, but no one else really cares that the Bears were racking up championships during the FDR administration when there were like 10 teams in the league.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

With all those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more wins, that doesn't say much for Peyton's "ONE" SB win. Now, does it? He was the Fran Tarkington 2.0 b4 winning the SB. It took him 7 trys to get that monkey off his back.

You mock the Colts and Manning for having just 1 Super Bowl win in 7 years yet at the same time talk about how great it is that the Bears are 3-0. No matter how hard you try to do diminish the Colts recent success, you know deep down that you would gladly take Peyton's ONE SB win and those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more seasons if he were doing it in a Bears jersey.