Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

I don't know what you mean by legit, but I guess they have a better team than anyone expected.

The win against Detroit was well....a loss

In the win against Dallas Chicago came away with 3 turnovers and only won by a score. That game was more about what Dallas didn't do than what Chicago did.

Green Bay had what 18 penalties last night? The Packers more or less beat themselves.

All that said, a win is a win, and I'm sure the Bears and their fans are plenty satisfied with where they are at for now, although I wouldn't hang my hat on it.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol i watch the bears and the colts every game this is laughable u must not watch Urlacher play he isnt declining(have u watched him this season? he is in on every play) he is healthy and better than every1 on that list LOL SANDERS DID HE PLAY TWO PLAYS THIS SEASON? AND LOL BULLITT AND LOL BRACKETT LOL MATHIS DWIGHT IS REALLY GOOD BUT THE REST ARE LAUGHABLE
    Post of the Year right here.

Man, this is great stuff. I want what he is having!

By the end of the year, my prediction is that the Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears will finish in that order for number of wins. The Chiefs might actually finish above the Steelers, since 4 games against the Ravens and Bengals will be a taller order than 4 games against the Chargers and Broncos (whereas the Browns = the Raiders). The Chiefs are transformed, mentally and scheme-wise from last year with Weis as OC, Crennel as DC, and their rookies.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    I don't know what you mean by legit, but I guess they have a better team than anyone expected.

The win against Detroit was well....a loss

In the win against Dallas Chicago came away with 3 turnovers and only won by a score. That game was more about what Dallas didn't do than what Chicago did.

Green Bay had what 18 penalties last night? The Packers more or less beat themselves.

All that said, a win is a win, and I'm sure the Bears and their fans are plenty satisfied with where they are at for now, although I wouldn't hang my hat on it.
    the bears played bad last night we left 10+ points out there Clark droped a TD on 4th down

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    By the end of the year, my prediction is that the Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears will finish in that order for number of wins. The Chiefs might actually finish above the Steelers, since 4 games against the Ravens and Bengals will be a taller order than 4 games against the Chargers and Broncos (whereas the Browns = the Raiders). The Chiefs are transformed, mentally and scheme-wise from last year with Weis as OC, Crennel as DC, and their rookies.
    Charlie is a hell of a coach and dexter McCluster is an X factor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I hope when they wipe their tears away they don't cut themselves with that massive ring on their finger.

And I'm sure Jerome Bettis has nightmares thinking about when he carried Urlacher into the endzone during the SB.
    when was that lol bears played the colts in the superbowl not the steelers ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

lol i watch the bears and the colts every game this is laughable u must not watch Urlacher play he isnt declining(have u watched him this season? he is in on every play) he is healthy and better than every1 on that list LOL SANDERS DID HE PLAY TWO PLAYS THIS SEASON? AND LOL BULLITT AND LOL BRACKETT LOL MATHIS DWIGHT IS REALLY GOOD BUT THE REST ARE LAUGHABLE
    LOL MATHIS HAS BEEN JUST AS SUCCESSFUL AS DWIGHT LOL

BOB SANDERS WON DPOY BEFORE HIS INJURIES LOL LOL (OEN TIME THE SAME AMOUNT AS URLACHER LOLOL OLOL)

LOL I WOULD ABSOLUTELY TAKE BETHEA OVER URLACHER LOL OLOL OLOLLOLDHIHWONQIEDQIO!!!!!##@!#@!

BRACKETT ACTUALLY WON A SUPER BOWL AS A STARTING MLB LOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL AHAHIQHUDBNQBUDQUBNQUNWSI

WTF
    BBQ

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    As in, those three teams will have the most wins in the NFL, or just out of the three, they will end up in that order?

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Post of the Year right here.

Man, this is great stuff. I want what he is having!
    My guess is whatever is on the cafeteria menu.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

no

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    LOL MATHIS HAS BEEN JUST AS SUCCESSFUL AS DWIGHT LOL

BOB SANDERS WON DPOY BEFORE HIS INJURIES LOL LOL (OEN TIME THE SAME AMOUNT AS URLACHER LOLOL OLOL)

LOL I WOULD ABSOLUTELY TAKE BETHEA OVER URLACHER LOL OLOL OLOLLOLDHIHWONQIEDQIO!!!!!##@!#@!

BRACKETT ACTUALLY WON A SUPER BOWL AS A STARTING MLB LOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL AHAHIQHUDBNQBUDQUBNQUNWSI

WTF
    BBQ
    LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN ,MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
    AND JULIUS IS DOING IT WITHOUT ANOTHER GOOD PASS RUSHER IN CHICAGO COME ON MAN

when was that lol bears played the colts in the superbowl not the steelers ?
    Idk why I put SB, but yeah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

Mood

LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN ,MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
    Somebody's mom forgot to put milk in their Frosted Flakes this morning.

Good God, dude. Get a grip. Mathis and Freeney are the among the best defensive ends in the league. Where have the Bears been since 2006?

Bears
    2006 13-3 NFC North Champions, NFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 41
    2007 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs
    2008 9-7 DNQ for Playoffs
    2009 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs

Colts
    2006 12-4 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Won Super Bowl 41
    2007 13-3 AFC South Champions, lost Divisional Round (Bob Sanders DPOY)
    2008 12-4 Lost Wildcard
    2009 14-2 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 44

As you can see by the table above, the Bears flat-out suck. Urlacher has lead the Bears to nothing but mediocrity over the past decade. The Colts have had 7 consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 09-28-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Mood

Somebody's mom forgot to put milk in their Frosted Flakes this morning.

Good God, dude. Get a grip. Mathis and Freeney are the among the best defensive ends in the league. Where have the Bears been since 2006?

Bears
    2006 13-3 NFC North Champions, NFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 41
    2007 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs
    2008 9-7 DNQ for Playoffs
    2009 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs

Colts
    2006 12-4 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Won Super Bowl 41
    2007 13-3 AFC South Champions, lost Divisional Round
    2008 12-4 Lost Wildcard
    2009 14-2 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 44
    we are talking about indviual players and Brian is better than Dwight im talking all time. But when dwight went down with an injury mathis became degated and ne 1 who says gary brackett is better than brian is ill that is just unreal. When brian got hurt are D stunk now that he is back it is way better thats all i am sayin good sir

LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT
    I'm praying for the day you will learn how to speak, period.

Quote Originally Posted by High School Musical Cast member
    BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN
    If this was 2006, I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm not sure he's even real
    MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
    I can't control that some idiot who made a top 5 list left off the most dominant defensive lineman since 2002.

Look at the stats? Well if you insist, I'll try to make it nice and clear for you.

In 2008, the last year Urlacher played a full season, he played in 16 games. Gary Brackett played in 12 games. In that season Brian Urlacher had 93 tackles, Gary Brackett had 99 tackles in 4 less games. Does that make sense? Stop me if I'm going too fast for you. By my calculation, in the last season both LBs were healthy, Brackett was by far the more effective linebacker.

Julius Peppers is a pretty good player, in fact I'd venture to say he's better than Urlacher. However, he has not been better than Dwight Freeney. They came into the league at the same time, in that period of time Freeney has 87 sacks to Peppers 82 and Freeney has forced 38 fumbles to Peppers 31. Both of them had an off year in 2007, strangely enough, but Freeney still ended with one more sack in 5 less games. How are the stats looking so far? Good, I hope.

Now let's compare Mathis to Peppers. First we must realize that Mathis came into the league a year after Peppers. Since Mathis came into the league, he has posted 67 sacks. During that same time period Peppers sacked the QB 70 times. So yes a slight edge for Julius. However, during this same time period Mathis has forced a league leading and absolutely absurd total of 36 fumbles. Peppers during this same period of time has produced only 26.

I'd say if anything has been proven true by the stats (and they certainly don't tell the whole story), it's that they support my argument much better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Just got detention for being on the computer in Algebra II
    Yeah, and it shows, in three games this season, he has one sack. Dwight has 3 sacks and Mathis has 4.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 09-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, please support the statement that Mathis was not as effective when Dwight went down injured because frankly, I'm calling bull**** on that one. If you truly watched the Colts you would know there are plenty of times during a game when both of these guys are not on the field at the same time.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

we are talking about indviual players and Brian is better than Dwight im talking all time. But when dwight went down with an injury mathis became degated and ne 1 who says gary brackett is better than brian is ill that is just unreal. When brian got hurt are D stunk now that he is back it is way better thats all i am sayin good sir
    Mathis became degated? What in the Hell does that mean?

I think you just need to take the rose-colored glasses off.

Mood

I can't control that some idiot who made a top 5 list left off the most dominant defensive lineman since 2002.

Look at the stats? Well if you insist, I'll try to make it nice and clear for you.

In 2008, the last year Urlacher played a full season, he played in 16 games. Gary Brackett played in 12 games. In that season Brian Urlacher had 93 tackles, Gary Brackett had 99 tackles in 4 less games. Does that make sense? Stop me if I'm going too fast for you. By my calculation, in the last season both LBs were healthy, Brackett was by far the more effective linebacker.

Julius Peppers is a pretty good player, in fact I'd venture to say he's better than Urlacher. However, he has not been better than Dwight Freeney. They came into the league at the same time, in that period of time Freeney has 87 sacks to Peppers 82 and Freeney has forced 38 fumbles to Peppers 31. Both of them had an off year in 2007, strangely enough, but Freeney still ended with one more sack in 5 less games. How are the stats looking so far? Good, I hope.

Now let's compare Mathis to Peppers. First we must realize that Mathis came into the league a year after Peppers. Since Mathis came into the league, he has posted 67 sacks. During that same time period Peppers sacked the QB 70 times. So yes a slight edge for Julius. However, during this same time period Mathis has forced a league leading and absolutely absurd total of 36 fumbles. Peppers during this same period of time has produced only 26.

I'd say if anything has been proven true by the stats (and they certainly don't tell the whole story), it's that they support my argument much better than yours.

Yeah, and it shows, in three games this season, he has one sack. Dwight has 3 sacks and Mathis has 4.
    sacks arent all that matters he injured stafford which suck but he blocked a field goal and puts pressur on the QB

and that idiot is one of the best sports writer

Mood

Since I can only thank a post once..

THANK YOU!!!

sacks arent all that matters he injured stafford which suck but he blocked a field goal and puts pressur on the QB

and that idiot is one of the best sports writer
    Well with a well thought out response like this one, I guess I'll just have to agree with you...

BRIAN URLACCKKKERRRRRR 4 PREZIDANT

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Mathis became degated? What in the Hell does that mean?

I think you just need to take the rose-colored glasses off.
    i watch the colts 16 games a year and the bears 16 times aa year what i am saying is if u take Brian off the Bears we suck on D for ur team one guy isnt as important ok When the guy said brian sucks that is just wrong im sry and he isnt declining if u would just watch the games ok

Mood

LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT
    Learn English before you speak.

BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS
    I'd take Patrick Willis over Urlacher. Hell, one could make a case for Jon Beason at this point.

DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON
    Freeney never quit on his team. And that list you're referring to was referring to the Top 5 DE's over the next 5 years. And it was Peter King who made that list. If you actually take what Peter King says seriously, you're about as intelligent as your grammar (or lack there of) makes you out to be.

BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
    Bob Sanders's presence single-handedly carried us through the playoffs and won us a Super Bowl. But I'm sure you wouldn't have remembered, since that game started way past your bedtime.

You just said Mathis sucks.....

Look Urlacher is declining he's been declining since 2008. He's played the Packers, Cowboys, and Lions so far. Three teams with terrible rushing offenses.

You can say he is not and you will continue to be wrong. Look at the drop off in his production from 2007 to 2008. I'm not making **** up here.

In 2006 Urlacher was one of the best, if not the best, he isn't anymore. Get over it.

Mood

i watch the colts 16 games a year and the bears 16 times aa year what i am saying is if u take Brian off the Bears we suck on D for ur team one guy isnt as important ok Whe the guy said brian sucks that is just wrong im sry and he isnt declining if u would just watch the games ok
    You said the word "degated". You didn't answer my question. When Firefox puts a ton of pretty red dots under a word you typed, that tells me that it's either misspelled, or not even a word. What is even worse is when Firefox doesn't even have a replacement for that word.

Anyway, if you are only watching 16 Colts games a year, then you are missing out on a few games a season.

That is pretty much all I got out of that train wreck of a response of yours.